bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 10, 12 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

kathycot
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Post any Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by kathycot on May 10, 12 3:30 AM
The game will play for a couple of minutes then up pops my desktop. Don't know if the game is any good because I gave up after 15 minutes of play.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

Re:Post any Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by lovely62 on May 10, 12 6:33 AM
the hint button does not work..

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 10, 12 8:43 AM
kathycot, it sounds like your game may be crashing. If you haven't already, I'd recommend giving the steps in the below help article a go:

lovely62, I've not played this game yet, but is it possible the hint button only functions in certain areas, such as hidden object scenes? Does the button not work there either, or is it just in certain cases?

If your game is still giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Thanks!

bfgRhone

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 10, 12 10:12 AM
kathycot wrote:The game will play for a couple of minutes then up pops my desktop. Don't know if the game is any good because I gave up after 15 minutes of play.

Just wondering, did you find the cat? Also, the hint does not work at all on the hard mode. Hope that you can get to play and finish the game.

[Post New]by gamineannie on May 11, 12 12:36 PM
While my hint button worked as soon as I found the cat, I have a frustrating problem.
Having found a scepter early on, and carrying same around for hours now, I finally arrived at a scene where it was obvious it could now be used. It had disappeared from the inventory. I had not used it anywhere else, and not for lack of trying. I sense I may be nearing the end of the game, and really, really would hate to have to start over, but there is obviously no advancing without placing the missing scepter. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

[Post New]by blaurita1 on May 11, 12 2:22 PM
I played the demo game no problem then purchase the game now I can't go back a scene I have no back arrow

JadedBlonde
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by JadedBlonde on May 11, 12 4:36 PM
Played most of the demo. In every hidden object scene there were 3 or 4 items that could be clicked and carried but weren't on the items list. I assume these items are part of an interactive hidden item farther into the game when the same scene is used again?

lornaovenden1
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lornaovenden1 on May 13, 12 6:20 AM
missing hos in chapter 5

in my inventory are:
skeletal half mask
wooden dragon
burnt half mask
rake
white crystal #1
blueprint
wooden knight
tongs

just placed flag into holder in door and guide said to play hos on left - no hos!! so I cannot proceed

smjjames
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by smjjames on May 13, 12 9:01 AM
I was playing the demo and when I clicked the tonic in the dispenser, the game crashed. However, when I went back into the demo, I had the tonic in my inventory, odd.....

I had the gold bell, sceptre, ruby eye and sapphire eye in my inventory at that time.

JadedBlonde wrote:Played most of the demo. In every hidden object scene there were 3 or 4 items that could be clicked and carried but weren't on the items list. I assume these items are part of an interactive hidden item farther into the game when the same scene is used again?

Or red herrings? Still, it's possible that you're right. I've only played the demo though and I played on normal difficulty.

Edited on 05/13/2012 at 9:03:24 AM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on May 13, 12 10:13 AM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you having trouble with the game after everything went fine with the trial version -

With this particular game, the trial is a much smaller file than the full version. That means when you purchased the game, the Game Manager had to get the larger file, rather than just unlocking the full version that was already all on your computer. It could be that the trial version file interfered with the full version installing correctly and that's causing trouble now.

In that case, I'd suggest that you uninstall the game and then reinstall it directly from your Purchase History. You can read more about how to do that in the help article here.

But if you try that and are still having problems, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support. They'll be able to really delve into the problem with you, and if there's an issue with the game itself, the info you send will really help us pinpoint where it's coming from and get it fixed as soon as possible. Here's a link with how to contact them:

How do I contact Tech Support?

I hope this helps!

bfgMonongahela

TinkerOne
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by TinkerOne on May 13, 12 6:33 PM
Flickering SG ?? Is anyone having a problem with the guide? It flickers and lines are missing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Started the game over and - still the same. This is a great game and I don't want to give up. I only got half way thru on the first go round , and would not like to have to start again, but would do anything to get this going. Help No problems anywhere else, so I have just been trying to go it without the SG.

[Post New]by birdcatfish on May 14, 12 11:31 AM
The HOS scene in the bonus chapter under the 'ancient god', the room where the knight is, is missing/non-existent and I cannot obtain the 'golden key' to continue the game. There's obviously an error in the programing here and it should be fixed.

[Post New]by luluofalaugh on May 15, 12 1:21 PM
I am having the same issue. I am not able to access the HOS in the Bonus in order to get the Golden Key. I have read on other forums that other players are having the same issue. Is there an update to help with this problem?

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 15, 12 2:25 PM
Hi TinkerOne,

Flickering on your screen can have a couple causes. I would recommend taking a look at our help article that covers some basic troubleshooting steps you can try here:

If the recommendations there aren't helping, please contact our Tech Support team and they'll be happy to assist you.

luluofalaugh and birdcatfish, I'll be taking a look at that issue, but in the meantime, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that may help. I've put a help article link here covering how to do that:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

I would also recommend contacting our Customer Support team and they may be able to provide some information to help with that.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on May 16, 12 3:23 PM
i can't get past the 1st hos. matches will not light the cigar. matches keep going back to where i found them.

cbouc
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by cbouc on May 17, 12 1:30 PM
The embalming acid won't stick to the wall so I can get the blue crystal.

[Post New]by sjsullivan on May 19, 12 9:31 AM
In the clock tower...... I put three painting pieces on the easels but the " find the difference "puzzle never came up. I can't go any further in the game. I have 3 glowing orbs or crystals but can't get the fourth because of this glitch. How do I get the find the difference puzzle to come up? Frustrating when you can't go forward in a game you have paid a lot of money for.

Edited on 05/19/2012 at 9:33:20 AM PST

[Post New]by mickeymd on May 28, 12 7:32 AM
I cannot play the game in window mode. The message is that my screen resolution is too low. Have changed the resolution to several choices from 800/600 all the way to 1355/768 (recommended resolution for my computer) and get the same message. Any ideas?

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Jun 5, 12 11:45 AM
According to page 30 of the Strategy Guide, I did the following:
Placed the Red Flag into the Left Door Holder.....Did not get Hidden Object Scene left of Gold Statue.

Another person had this same problem.

I deleted and reloaded the game....still did NOT get the Hidden Object Scene.

Contacting Big Fish.

Go to: