peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Comments for Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition

[Post New]by peglegann on May 10, 12 12:48 AM
Hello everyone
Well, it automatically works on widescreen.
The graphics are clear and sharp.
Just a little niggle for me, in the interactive HO scenes, it allows you to pick up items, as if you are going to use them but they cannot be used at all! Looks to me like we will go back to the HO scenes at least a second time. I could be wrong.
Looking forward to other comments.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

Re:Comments for Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Hapless on May 10, 12 12:54 AM
Good morning Peglegann

Yes the graphics are so crisp and clear and its a Blue Tea game which is enough for me I love their games.

Just off to buy it and.like you I will be back to hear what others have to say.

Enjoy your day

Linda

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on May 10, 12 1:02 AM
This is a great game. There are also 20 morphing items. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled. The only thing I hate, is that darn journal popping up all of time. But I can live with it.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on May 10, 12 1:06 AM
Im in LOVE Blue Tea Games really stepped up their game!

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on May 10, 12 1:23 AM
its a big dissapointment to me, yes the graphics are clear but i just found it all too confusing! That journal was annoying popping up, and as has been mentioned the items in the hogs scene can picked up adding to the confusion.
too many hog scenes, and fairly simple puzzles.May be as a SE, but not my cup of tea.( no pun intended) I have enjoyed games from this developer in the past, so sorry I am the odd fishie out today, just didnt grab me at all.
A really minor gripe, how do they know the item tossed in the lake was of value???

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 10, 12 1:26 AM
Hi Linda and Robilyn
Megwoman excellent review in the other thread
I see that we have morphing objects to find but not always the first time that you go into a scene.
There is also a map, to show where you are but you cannot use it to move to anotjer place.
Looks like this may be a very good game.

Have fun everyone. I have to go and do some work now

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 10, 12 1:36 AM
LOL, Flower, I said the same thing about the 'item of value'. But I am liking the game so far. Always like Blue Tea games and am grateful this one isn't a FROG

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on May 10, 12 1:46 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:LOL, Flower, I said the same thing about the 'item of value'. But I am liking the game so far. Always like Blue Tea games and am grateful this one isn't a FROG

hi wolfenraindancer, and spiritdog51,
thanks! was beginning to think i was being too harsh, but have finished the demo and havent change my opinion.Yes i agree, it is better , much better than the FROGs,
Thanks so much, poor developers, they cant please every one, and looks like this is going down well in the pond, so enjoy! I will slink off to the kitchen for some biscuit making, and hide my critical fins.....

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 10, 12 2:11 AM
flowerchild44 wrote:its a big dissapointment to me, yes the graphics are clear but i just found it all too confusing! That journal was annoying popping up, and as has been mentioned the items in the hogs scene can picked up adding to the confusion.
too many hog scenes, and fairly simple puzzles.May be as a SE, but not my cup of tea.( no pun intended) I have enjoyed games from this developer in the past, so sorry I am the odd fishie out today, just didnt grab me at all.
A really minor gripe, how do they know the item tossed in the lake was of value???

LOL You are not alone, flowerchild. I wasn't thrown off my chair with excitement for this game. And this is the first Blue Tea game that I didn't feel the need to buy it as a CE.

And I didn't want to reply in the "Reviews" thread, but it really irks me that the town of Hameln has an "i" in it. I mean, WHY? Why add an "i" to the town's name? I don't call Chicago "Chicaigo" just because I might be able to pronounce it better with an "i" in it (which I don't - just an example). LOL

It's enough already that the great river "Donau" is called "Danube", and the great city Köln is called "Cologne", so there also has to be an "i" added to "Hameln"? Why? To make it user-friendly ?

And thank you for telling me that I can google this, Mr. Russ. That really helped me.

*stepping off the soap box I borrowed from someone else, and hand it back*

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on May 10, 12 2:19 AM
A rich tapestry of graphics, puzzles, story and characters, beautifully crafted and developed with much care and dedication, technically perfect and flowing at a relaxed and easy pace. A veritable feast for the eyes, each scene making me linger just to look at the wonderful attention to detail, all displayed on full screen.

The HOS are uncluttered and brilliantly clear, with a limited number of items to find, instead of the usual couple of dozen, which is great. There are interactive objects in them that are not all usable first time around, a fact it took me a while to pick up on, and a new twist.

After the Tiger Eye circus, I am more than mollified with this fine game from Blue Tea, who show imagination and innovation here, that other devs would do well to take note of.

Extremely impressed.

Edited on 05/10/2012 at 2:21:10 AM PST

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on May 10, 12 2:50 AM
OOOH Sheerija

You worded it all so brilliantly "A RICH TAPESTRY" is just how I feel, but not so good at wording it as you, like you also I sit and marvel at the wonderful scenes and graphics.

I so love Blue Tea Games and Big Fish for giving me an enjoyable lazy day.

Enjoy your day too

Linda

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 10, 12 3:09 AM
Well, this looks like it will be a very fun game for me, it is a style of game that I really like; many active areas at one time, many objectives going at once and needing to remember what needs to be done and where. I love these types of games. It is an unusual Blue Tea game in that I am accustomed to seeing IFROG games from this developer and this game is an IHOG. I really like these interactive HOS where you may or may not utilize an item when you pick it up - the more challenge the better in HOS in my opinion. I am not being contrary when I say that I don't find the game confusing at all, it is just the right kind of "complicated" for me; great brain exercise. I am happy to see that the morph objects are back in even the hardest mode of play, in the Rise of the Snow Queen game you didn't get the morph objects in the hardest mode. So, in a nutshell, I have no doubt that I will have a great time playing this one, the story looks fun with a nice dark and eerie twist on the traditional Pied Piper story. Thanks for what looks to be another great game Blue Tea development team and happy gaming everyone!

devonview
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by devonview on May 10, 12 3:15 AM

"And I didn't want to reply in the "Reviews" thread, but it really irks me that the town of Hameln has an "i" in it. I mean, WHY? Why add an "i" to the town's name? I don't call Chicago "Chicaigo" just because I might be able to pronounce it better with an "i" in it (which I don't - just an example). LOL

It's enough already that the great river "Donau" is called "Danube", and the great city Köln is called "Cologne", so there also has to be an "i" added to "Hameln"? Why? To make it user-friendly ? "

Maybe Hamelin was used as there is a long poem (The Pied Piper of Hamelin" by Robert Browning) that we had to learn when I was at school (in the 1960's), and it probably was the way most English speaking students were introduced to the legend. We were able to adjust to the different to the different spellings for place names used in other languages. For example, New Zealand is known as Aotearoa (NZ Maori), Nouvelle Zealande, NeuZeeland just to mention a few. After with the Olympic Games coming up soon, we are all going to have to make some adjustments

Edited on 05/10/2012 at 3:16:43 AM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 10, 12 3:31 AM
Off topic: I got a coupon today, buying the CE and had only one SE purchased (3 punches for this CE + 1 punch for a regular game).

Do you know about this deal? Go to your account and see...

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 10, 12 4:37 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Off topic: I got a coupon today, buying the CE and had only one SE purchased (3 punches for this CE + 1 punch for a regular game).

You are lucky! I had 2 SE and today CE, but still 5 punches.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 10, 12 4:40 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Off topic: I got a coupon today, buying the CE and had only one SE purchased (3 punches for this CE + 1 punch for a regular game).

You are lucky! I had 2 SE and today CE, but still 5 punches.

And I went to my account but didn't see anything unusual there. LOL But maybe I will once I buy this game?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 10, 12 4:48 AM
devonview wrote:Maybe Hamelin was used as there is a long poem (The Pied Piper of Hamelin" by Robert Browning) that we had to learn when I was at school (in the 1960's), and it probably was the way most English speaking students were introduced to the legend. We were able to adjust to the different to the different spellings for place names used in other languages. For example, New Zealand is known as Aotearoa (NZ Maori), Nouvelle Zealande, NeuZeeland just to mention a few. After with the Olympic Games coming up soon, we are all going to have to make some adjustments

Hello devonview... Nice place if it's where you live.

Yes, I know of new country spellings - am getting confused with some of them. Often don't know what they are called these days. LOL

And I should then have smacked Robert Browning for having perhaps misspelled the town's name (if he had still been around to be smacked). LOL And others who read it just took it over? I can see why a country wants to change its name after it's been freed of whatever went before, but why add an extra letter to a place name, regardless of whether it's a town or country, is beyond me.

Anyway... happy gaming, everyone.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on May 10, 12 4:56 AM
A definte buy for me, I like Blue Tea games. Does anyone know if Blue Tea games will still be making their Dark Parable series? Because those are a FROG while this one is a HOG. Sometimes I like to play a good FROG game and Blue Tea ones are one of the best.

Edited on 05/10/2012 at 4:56:58 AM PST

quynne77
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by quynne77 on May 10, 12 5:01 AM
Hamelin
in? Hamelin-Pyrmont, Lower Saxony, Germany
1:57pm Thursday (GMT+02:00)

Hamelin (German: Hameln) is a town on the river Weser in Lower Saxony, Germany. It is the capital of the district of Hamelin-Pyrmont and has a population of 58,696 (as at 2006). Hamelin is also the gateway to the surrounding Weserbergland mountains, which can be visited by hikers and bikers.

Seems like both are acceptable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamelin

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 10, 12 5:03 AM
sunshinej wrote:A definte buy for me, I like Blue Tea games. Does anyone know if Blue Tea games will still be making their Dark Parable series? Because those are a FROG while this one is a HOG. Sometimes I like to play a good FROG game and Blue Tea ones are one of the best.

You've got a point there, Sunshine. This is not a "Dark Parables" game. I assumed that the FROGs were kind of their trade mark, but perhaps they only do them in the "Dark Parables" games.

But to be honest, I am glad that the HOS in this game are not fragmented. I have always had trouble finding the objects in the HOS of Blue Tea games, but the reason was that the fragmented objects often blended in so well with the background, that I just couldn't see them clearly, i.e. brown item on brown background, and such.

So I am glad that they have given us really good HOS with this game, where I have no trouble finding objects. They are all clearly defined, and they don't have the same shading as the background they are on.

Go to: