clock tower door

[Post New]by sjsullivan on May 10, 12 7:36 AM
Anyone else having trouble with this? I tried to use the oil on the door. Nothing. Then I tried the key ... nothing. What am I doing wrong?!?!?1 Is this a glitch?!?!?!?!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:clock tower door

[Post New]by peglegann on May 10, 12 7:40 AM
Hi sjsullivan,

You are not really doing anything wrong. Further on in the game, you will get another item that opens the clocktower door. It is not the oil, that is for something else.

[Post New]by sjsullivan on May 10, 12 3:08 PM
Ohhhhhhhh!!!!!! thanks for the info. SG told me to do that next in the game so I've been trying.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on May 12, 12 1:34 AM
There are several doors in the clock tower that need opening. The one that requires oil is, once you have entered the main door, the one on the first floor to the right, the "basement" door (although I don't remember going down any stairs). Is that the one you're on?

clock tower door

[Post New]by audrey1824 on May 17, 12 1:01 AM
sjsullivan wrote:Anyone else having trouble with this? I tried to use the oil on the door. Nothing. Then I tried the key ... nothing. What am I doing wrong?!?!?1 Is this a glitch?!?!?!?!

I'm having the same problem, it is the main door, the sg tells you to use the oil then the key, but when you try it says there's something stuck in the keyhole.

[Post New]by audrey1824 on May 17, 12 4:14 AM
WilJul wrote:There are several doors in the clock tower that need opening. The one that requires oil is, once you have entered the main door, the one on the first floor to the right, the "basement" door (although I don't remember going down any stairs). Is that the one you're on?

So how do you open the main door ? seeing as how the strategy guide is giving incorrect directions.

[Post New]by audrey1824 on May 17, 12 5:03 AM
Okay my mistake, rust remover not oil. lol

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on May 30, 12 9:19 AM
Sorry you are having trouble...

The Strategy Guide is correct:

Look at the clock tower door and use the RUST REMOVER on the lock (W).

Use the CLOCK TOWER KEY on the keyhole (X ).

Enter the tower.

Go to: