moonfell
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by moonfell on Dec 5, 14 12:12 PM
I have slight problem. On the Expedition Camp: my scores where 53 seconds, 162800 score, 30670 bonus, 193470. Now Top List says #l 294620, #2 293990, #3 272860. #4 294080. Shouldn't #4 be in the #2 position or am I reading something wrong. Thank you
ID241188

RiaBonus
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by RiaBonus on Dec 5, 14 2:33 PM
Recently the game will not shut down and I can't play any other game, the notice tells me that therir is another game running 809 so I have to reset my Computer why is that?
Ria B

Edited on 12/05/2014 at 2:36:31 PM PST

kdreetz
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by kdreetz on Dec 5, 14 5:19 PM
moonfell wrote:I have slight problem. On the Expedition Camp: my scores where 53 seconds, 162800 score, 30670 bonus, 193470. Now Top List says #l 294620, #2 293990, #3 272860. #4 294080. Shouldn't #4 be in the #2 position or am I reading something wrong. Thank you
ID241188

Don't sweat it Moonfell. The scores are all screwed up. 296,900 is the highest you can score and a lot of people started randomly getting that score in some HO's (including me - not earned), and my scores are mixed up as well. This started happening about a month ago.

kdreetz
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by kdreetz on Dec 5, 14 5:50 PM
gernespieler wrote:no changes after downloading the new update, no X-Mas cards or decoration etc. How shall we be able to craft the new Pet's without being able to collect the 3 different kinds of X-mas cards ???????????????????

I just sent a message to tech support about why some of the updates have worked and some have not. Here are the updates:

- Morphing flowers are now morphing snowflakes, and drop additional coins and sometimes Christmas cards
- Airship drops Christmas cards in addition to normal rewards
- HOPs drop Christmas decorations in addition to normal rewards
- 3 new Christmas achievements, which unlock new avatars at their highest tier
- 5 new Christmas pets, which can be crafted using cards and decorations
- 5 new holiday daily quests with holiday pet eggs as the reward
- New daily reward, with three possible items per day
- Holiday overlays on menus, the dice table, the fortune wheel, and the airship

In my case, only a few of these are updated. I still have morphing flowers, but stamps are dropping sometimes instead of coins. No airship update, no Christmas decorations, no update on daily quests, no holiday overlays except on splash screen.
I can see the new achievements and the pets. Maybe they will respond to my trouble ticket soon and can share with you guys.

kdreetz
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by kdreetz on Dec 5, 14 5:53 PM
.....and here's our answer:

Hey Everyone,

I was just swimming though and noticed that there was some confusion on what's happening with the Christmas items in Midnight Castle that I'd like to help clarify.

With this update, I do want to assure everyone that the Holiday content has been installed on your PC, so you don't have to worry about it not being there. At this time though, the developers haven't yet activated it within the game, so you'll still see the same content within the game.

While we don't have a set date yet on when the Christmas content will be activated, we are hoping that it will be soon so that you'll have lots of time to play though it.

Hope this helps,
bfgLianorm
**********************************************************************************

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Dec 5, 14 6:51 PM
I had my pc updated at STAPLES and all pics and games were deleted so I had to start over on this Midnight Castle when I was up to 25? well I am at 11 and it is not letting me get my items I need I have been playing for over a hour and cannot get a key from well! and items in book! what is up it has never done this to me..HELP!!!

moonfell
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by moonfell on Dec 5, 14 8:05 PM
kdreetz wrote:
moonfell wrote:I have slight problem. On the Expedition Camp: my scores where 53 seconds, 162800 score, 30670 bonus, 193470. Now Top List says #l 294620, #2 293990, #3 272860. #4 294080. Shouldn't #4 be in the #2 position or am I reading something wrong. Thank you
ID241188

Don't sweat it Moonfell. The scores are all screwed up. 296,900 is the highest you can score and a lot of people started randomly getting that score in some HO's (including me - not earned), and my scores are mixed up as well. This started happening about a month ago.

----------------
thank you, this was the first time I noticed it. have a Happy Holiday season
Moonfell

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Dec 5, 14 10:26 PM
wineoclock wrote:Hi ,I updated this morning and when I tried to get back into game it said that I still had an old version of the game and needed to update so can't get into the game at all please help

Hi,
I had this trouble too, then yesterday it would not let me play as my game was "outdated". I went to the game manager and tried the update again, and it told me there was one, and again, when I clicked to instal it, it said there was no update.

Then I looked carefully at GM, and saw that I had 1 game in "queued" - sure enough, this was the update I had previously tried to iinstal, and it had paused part way through.
Clicked on it, it tried to install it and then said there was an error, and to try again; did so and it installed successfully!

So, piece of advice: check your "queued" file, and see if, like with mine, it had started to install then crashed, and paused itself

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Dec 5, 14 10:32 PM
I see we now get stamps for flowers - just got a plain stamp. While they may be random, and admittedly a plain stamp is worth more than 10gp, I already have near 1500 of them and would rather continue to get diamonds. So, not pleased with this. Also thought the "choose a gift" at the start was a special christmas bonus, but now see it is just a new and tedious way of giving the daily bonus - without letting us know where we are on the days. Bummer.
And (LOL) in the armoury, the giant Qtip has again changed name! No wit is a "cannon rammer" (rofl) ramrod may have been a better term.

millsy
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by millsy on Dec 6, 14 1:44 AM
GAME APP STOPPED WORKING AND I LOST 2 EARNED GEMS AND 50 GEMS I HAD JUST BOUGHT,NOT HAPPY

Minxiepieces
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by Minxiepieces on Dec 6, 14 11:04 AM
Have tried repeatedly to download the new update. Followed instructions exactly. Only update is for another game although two are shown when I go to options. What a mess! Very frustrating. To my friends, sorry I am not gifting to you. Just can't get into game. Tips to fix welcome. Emailed Tech Support.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Dec 6, 14 11:09 AM
Minxiepieces wrote:Have tried repeatedly to download the new update. Followed instructions exactly. Only update is for another game although two are shown when I go to options. What a mess! Very frustrating. To my friends, sorry I am not gifting to you. Just can't get into game. Tips to fix welcome. Emailed Tech Support.
The only way to get the update if it is not showing up is to uninstall the game in the game manager. Then go to where the games are in the game manager or the game page on this site and download it, this will be the new update.

McKentry
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by McKentry on Dec 6, 14 5:18 PM
Dear Technical Issues staff,

The latest download of Midnight Castle is supposed to have all these holiday things going on in it. Yet at level 49 I only see the snow at the splash screen as it loads.

Why do I not see these other things in there like the holiday cards, and other things? I do see in the achievements section the new goals for the holiday things, but as for finding them and collecting them I don't see them at all.

Here is my player # 330929.

Also I read there are only 52 levels is this true? As I see two other lands on the map that are totally unexplored.

Warm regards,

McKentry

SSGTMom
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by SSGTMom on Dec 6, 14 6:23 PM
I put in the update and still have morphing flowers, no snowflakes, and no Christmas decorations or any of the other Christmassy stuff, any idea how to fix this? I do enjoy the game, but would like to see what the castle and town look like for Christmas, also no Christmas pets without Christmas stuff.

kdreetz
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by kdreetz on Dec 6, 14 7:16 PM
McKentry wrote:Dear Technical Issues staff,

The latest download of Midnight Castle is supposed to have all these holiday things going on in it. Yet at level 49 I only see the snow at the splash screen as it loads.

Why do I not see these other things in there like the holiday cards, and other things? I do see in the achievements section the new goals for the holiday things, but as for finding them and collecting them I don't see them at all.

Here is my player # 330929.

Also I read there are only 52 levels is this true? As I see two other lands on the map that are totally unexplored.

Warm regards,

McKentry

Hi McKentry, I'm level 53 and are having the same problems as you - snowflakes on splash page and no Christmas décor in the game. Btw, 53 is on hold until another content update is released. Don't hurry. It takes so many coins to get here, you might as well collect as many as you can.

[Post New]by spiderkiller51 on Dec 6, 14 7:56 PM
2 days ago when i was done playing i was on level 33. i had 45 thousand and some odd coins and 226 diamonds. today i went to play and am on level 16 with 6 thousand coins and 10 diamonds!!!!! i want back where i should be!

cthomas451
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by cthomas451 on Dec 6, 14 9:52 PM
Can someone please look into the spam messages being posted it is making it very difficult to track down real post that are needed.

[Post New]by arcadiarose on Dec 6, 14 10:36 PM
kdreetz wrote:.....and here's our answer:

Hey Everyone,

I was just swimming though and noticed that there was some confusion on what's happening with the Christmas items in Midnight Castle that I'd like to help clarify.

With this update, I do want to assure everyone that the Holiday content has been installed on your PC, so you don't have to worry about it not being there. At this time though, the developers haven't yet activated it within the game, so you'll still see the same content within the game.

While we don't have a set date yet on when the Christmas content will be activated, we are hoping that it will be soon so that you'll have lots of time to play though it.

Hope this helps,
bfgLianorm
**********************************************************************************

Thank you for posting this. That clears things up.

Kapoho7
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Kapoho7 on Dec 7, 14 1:06 AM
Anyone else notice that the ranks in the Top List in Cloud City are off? Lower scores showing higher rankings that higher scores.

[Post New]by Texasartist on Dec 7, 14 7:20 AM
Ok I was wondering how you got the cards, Like opening gifts each day.

Go to: