Senior Citizens sign in!!

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by Lambina on Feb 19, 18 6:57 PM
I hope the issues are fixed soon too for you guys, they just posted something in tech thread for an update for android to fix the life gifting problem, I'm just glad I'm playing on pc because I've never had any problems with this game.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Feb 19, 18 10:42 PM
I play on iPad and am on Facebook and I am waiting on Beijing and have never had problems. I don’t play any other games so is there possibly any inter-action within BF?

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Feb 19, 18 11:19 PM
By inter action do you mean between players within the game? I played Sunken Secrets which had some inter action but they stopped development on that one but it is a fun addicting game and still playable as far as you can go in it, there is another called Midnight Castle which is a hidden object game and has inter action but I'm not sure how much because I've never played it, I don't like hidden object mystery type games but it is really popular and has been going for a few years now, not sure if it is linked through fb. You can't sync the same game on multiple devices through BF but many people that played Sunken Secrets had three different games going on all of their devices. Go on the BF website and check out the games for iPad, there are free ones and many to buy as well, they are all kinds of fun games.

Edited on 02/19/2018 at 11:20:50 PM PST

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Feb 20, 18 12:12 AM
OOo_jules_oOO wrote:I too think apple products are grossly overpriced.

I don't know it you have the same problem in Oz that we have in the UK. Many US based companies simply replace the $ sign with a £ sign when it comes to prices. The latest Iphone is $999 in the US and £999 in the UK. With the current exchange rate that a 40% mark up. That's bad enough but the same was true when the exchange rate was nearer 1.70.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 20, 18 12:44 AM
I just looked at a currency converter, at this moment, US$999 equals UK pounds 716 (I haven't got a pound symbol on my keyboard), and its equivalent to AU$1,262 so thats far too much to spend on a phone in my opinion (I know plenty of people do though). But the latest iphones are about that and more anyway and don't even ask the price of those new apple watches, they are so over the top its not funny. But if they converted 999pounds to AU, it would equal AU$1,761.

No matter where you are in the world paying for their products, there is no denying that they are SUPER expensive and I simply cannot justify spending that kind of money on a phone when a samsung will do the exact same job for a vastly lower price (it doesn't have to be the latest fancy model either) and all I need a phone for is to make calls, texts take the odd photo (quality is never as good as a really good camera anyway), and keep notes and diary etc and I already have my music library stored on a big ipod, so I don't need an iphone as well with the huge pricetag to do all the things I already have covered. I really do like the ipads for games, the screen size is great compared to a phone and I would recommmend them for anyone with vision problems looking at little screens. Even the ipad mini is an excellent size for games, but I won't consider playing games on a phone, its just too small. I see hundreds of people on the train etc all with phones right up to their faces reading their texts etc and I believe it won't be long before the entire younger generation are all blind or lose their eyesight as they stare at small screens so close up all the time, their eyes don't adjust at all. I once watched a lady on the train home for over a hour, barely take her eyes off her phone, scrolling up more pages and the phone was about 6 inches in front of her eyes, it was awful to watch.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 20, 18 2:43 AM
I don't know if this has appeared on everyone elses games, but not only has Everest just popped up on my ipad again, but for anyone interested, there is also a sale on boosts. The pack thats currently 775 coins normally all cost 863 coins. The pack now 1900 coins are all normally 2386 coins and the pack now costing 3100 coins is usually worth 4152 coins. Just letting everyone know and saving the hassle of working out the costs.

Edited on 02/20/2018 at 2:44:34 AM PST

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Feb 20, 18 6:36 AM
Letting everyone know a new update has been posted that fixes the recent inability of Android users to send lives or gifts to friends.

My wife loves Apple products, nothing but the best for her. I will not buy them due to their restrictive proprietary nature. The recent exposure that the IPhone is intentionally slowed down after several years to encourage buying a newer one is all the proof I need to stay with more open-source products. I have a Samsung 5 and since it hasn't exploded on an airplane, I am quite happy with it and see no need to upgrade. It does everything I need.

Edited on 02/20/2018 at 6:38:57 AM PST

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Feb 20, 18 6:55 AM
Thanks for the info regarding the sale Jules. Unfortunately I have not enough coins to get it for the moment.
Maybe next time....

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Feb 20, 18 9:13 AM
The tablet size screens are fine for gaming when traveling but the bigger the screen the better, I play on a 17inch touchscreen laptop but I use a wireless mouse for gaming because it gives much better control for rapid movement, my husband plays on a 24inch monitor and says it is not big enough, lol. Playing on a small screen is like watching tv on a 19inch instead of a 60inch hd flatscreen, gaming is so much better on a proper size screen on a good pc.

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Feb 20, 18 9:27 AM
jules, I think you are my antipodean doppleganger. Everything you say about cost of gadgets, not needing the latest, using proper camera etc I could have written myself.

Even my latest camera has a video function which I neither want nor need

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Feb 20, 18 10:00 AM
Lambina wrote:The tablet size screens are fine for gaming when traveling but the bigger the screen the better, I play on a 17inch touchscreen laptop but I use a wireless mouse for gaming because it gives much better control for rapid movement, my husband plays on a 24inch monitor and says it is not big enough, lol. Playing on a small screen is like watching tv on a 19inch instead of a 60inch hd flatscreen, gaming is so much better on a proper size screen on a good pc.

I play on a 10" tablet and find that to be ideal. I occasionally play on my phone with a 5.something inch screen and that isn't much fun. I also have the PC version which I play on a 22" monitor with mouse but actually prefer the tablet.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Feb 20, 18 10:19 AM
Thanks for the tip about the boosts sale jules, I thought they were just peddling coins again! And it looks like they listened after the last time when I suggested putting the eternal freeze boosts on sale, now I'm glad I built my coin bank up to almost 38,000!

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Feb 20, 18 10:56 AM
keitht53 wrote:
Lambina wrote:The tablet size screens are fine for gaming when traveling but the bigger the screen the better, I play on a 17inch touchscreen laptop but I use a wireless mouse for gaming because it gives much better control for rapid movement, my husband plays on a 24inch monitor and says it is not big enough, lol. Playing on a small screen is like watching tv on a 19inch instead of a 60inch hd flatscreen, gaming is so much better on a proper size screen on a good pc.

I play on a 10" tablet and find that to be ideal. I occasionally play on my phone with a 5.something inch screen and that isn't much fun. I also have the PC version which I play on a 22" monitor with mouse but actually prefer the tablet.

My favorite genre is time management games which require a lot of multi clicking while running around a map and touch screen would be difficult, also if the game has a large map there would be to much scrolling, a game like gummy drop is fine for a tablet but tablets have limitations with all the types of fun games available to play.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Feb 20, 18 12:16 PM
OOo_jules_oOO wrote:I don't know if this has appeared on everyone elses games, but not only has Everest just popped up on my ipad again, but for anyone interested, there is also a sale on boosts. The pack thats currently 775 coins normally all cost 863 coins. The pack now 1900 coins are all normally 2386 coins and the pack now costing 3100 coins is usually worth 4152 coins. Just letting everyone know and saving the hassle of working out the costs.

Jules,

Can you clarify if the challenge is an Everest Challenge or a Blizzard Everest Challenge? I do not get the opportunity to play the Blizzard Everest Challenge and I have not yet received another Everest Challenge since February 12.

Thanks
Glitter

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Feb 20, 18 12:39 PM
It's the Blizzard Everest Challenge. Pretty straightforward to get through and 4 hours play at the end of it.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Feb 20, 18 12:44 PM
Thanks Keith,

Unfortunately I don't get that challenge or the sale on boosts apparently. Oh well I will wait until the next one.

Happy Gaming
Glitter

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Feb 20, 18 1:23 PM
Wow 4 hours is a long time to play, I have a hard time staying with it for 2 hours, the eyes get tired staring at the boards for that long.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 20, 18 2:16 PM
Actually, I hadn't looked at whether it was a normal Everest or the blizzard one, lucky I didn't complete it last night as I would have had to waste at least half of it as fell asleep anyway. I will complete it later today when I might have most of the time to spare, at least I can play a few levels and have a little break and still go back and do more. Am trying to complete a few cities at the moment as new cities are taking a while to be released now, and am bored a bit when I finish off the current one, but its no big deal. The hours of unlimited lives are fantastic for using up to complete the cities as the levels that are remaining to be done are the trickiest ones or ones that just use up lives and need many tries at till eventually they just work out. I enjoy the time with the unlimited lives as its really helping get them done. And yes Grampa, they put the eternal freezes in the boost packages so thats great. I wish they would have a special on the plain old shovels like they did ages ago, I would buy up heaps of them if so. The shovels are so useful but then so are all the others too, it just depends what you need to move to get a level out.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 20, 18 2:30 PM
Beijing update is showing in my iPad App Store! Downloading now. Of course, I'm not quite done with Miami yet.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 20, 18 6:47 PM
Beijing update just hit my app store on my ipad so am downloading it as I speak. Also managed to complete Paris 100% so thats another one off the list. Feels quite good to get a few cities to that point although most of the time, it costs a fortune to do it, but not so much for the earlier cities as most of the HHs were done and purchased back then, so it makes the cost of going for 100% completion not so bad. Will see what its like in Beijing later.

Beijing is looking good, but the update hasn't fixed one issue that I can see so far, I still have to leave the game open and ipad turned on in order for it to regenerate lives, if I dare to go and play another game or turn the ipad off, it will not countdown so when I open it later again, its still at the same spot it was before. GD, I am getting so sick of this, it used to countdown regardless of whether the game was open or not. Please fix it.

Edited on 02/20/2018 at 9:57:35 PM PST

Go to: