bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 11, 12 12:37 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Missing HOS objects

[Post New]by pikespeak62 on May 11, 12 12:02 PM
Is it just me?
In the first HOS there is no butterfly net...or cat.
Not too well hidden....just not there!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Post any Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 11, 12 12:25 PM
Hi pikespeak62,

That's strange those items aren't showing up! Looking at the Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix Walkthrough I was able to see both the cat and the net (I don't want to post too much here about the location of those to avoid spoiling it for other Fishies). If you double check the walkthrough and those items still aren't showing up, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that might help. Here's a help article that shows how to do that:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If reinstalling the game still isn't helping to get those items to show up, please contact our Customer Support team and they'll be happy to help.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by pikespeak62 on May 11, 12 12:38 PM
I saw them on the walkthrough too.
But , in my game, they are not there.
I'll try the reinstall.

[Post New]by pikespeak62 on May 11, 12 2:22 PM
My fault...I thought the net was a shovel!

lynwil
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by lynwil on May 11, 12 6:46 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with games being really slow to change from scene to scene? I had to give up on Grim Facade: Venice because of this and now this game. I've been in touch with the wonderful customer service people and everything is up to date but it's still happening, all my other games (and there are plenty) are ok

[Post New]by pegwikima on May 17, 12 4:40 AM
is anyone having trouble picking up the pepper in the hidden lobject list?
have tried everything but it will not budgde

[Post New]by koleke on May 17, 12 11:14 PM
Ok I don't have any of your issues and actually wish I had. The game just will not open for me. I bothered BFG 4 times to try and fix it but alas to no avail. I guess I was just not meant to play it. The wierd thing is that I actually played the trial and then when I tried to buy it, that's when everything went wrong. nothing I did worked. You know it actually told me I owned the game and that's where it ended. So....I really would like to know if anyone has had this same problem. I still don't think it's my computer. It is almost new but I can be wrong. BFG told me that the game is not compatible to my computer. Never heard that before. Thank you for any info. anyone can give me.

lezl10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by lezl10 on May 17, 12 11:19 PM
I am having the same technical issue I had when I demoed the Collector's Edition and when I checked their forum I was relieved to find I am not the only one. I am experiencing stuttering or repeated speech as well as the slow and freezing cursor issue. I have only had one or two problems with games in the pase and as others are experiencing the same thing it is obviously not my computer. I tried all of the basic suggestions BFG always reccommends to no avail. This game looks amazing but obviously I can't buy it when it doesn't work. I saw postings about this issue as recently as 2 days ago. Is this problem being addressed? So far it does not seem to have been resolved guess I'll check back

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 18, 12 7:10 AM
koleke, have you tried clearing your save data for this game? Customer Support should be able to give you the steps to do this. Sometimes some kind of glitch occurs sometime between closing the trial version and unlocking/starting the full version (I'm really not sure where), which can cause trouble.

lezl10, if you've already gone over the troubleshooting in Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen, I strongly recommend getting in touch with Tech Support for more advanced troubleshooting.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

ritchieprod
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by ritchieprod on May 19, 12 4:58 AM
I rescued the mage and quit for the night. Now I can't get past the "thank you" dialogue. The full screen info stays frozen and I can't close it or move on. I tried a reinstall, but no luck. Any ideas? I'm not starting over. It's a good game, but not that good.

[Post New]by KayB22 on May 20, 12 5:30 PM
I'm having audio problems, when you get a character that speaks to you they say the first couple of words over and over again, like they're stuttering. My computer is a dual core Dell with 2 GB of memory and Vista 32. It's the only game I've played that has this problem.

[Post New]by pianolady on May 21, 12 5:20 PM
After I use the flute on the snakes, and grab the scroll, the game locks. I don't get the hidden object scene; I just have the opened scroll on the screen with 6 musical notations at the bottom left. Help!

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 23, 12 6:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you cannot seem to close the window with the scroll, try resizing your screen to see if the quit button appears from there. You can do so by going to the Options panel and tick the Windowed Mode option (could also be named Full screen, then untick the box in that case).

KayB22, I'm not sure what might be going wrong for you with the sound. I'd recommend to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance with the sound issue.

Hope that helps!

bfgRhone

nesmtl
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by nesmtl on Jun 1, 12 5:11 PM
KayB22 wrote:I'm having audio problems, when you get a character that speaks to you they say the first couple of words over and over again, like they're stuttering. My computer is a dual core Dell with 2 GB of memory and Vista 32. It's the only game I've played that has this problem.

I have the same problem, with the stuttering, and the mouse moves ultra slow.

dgump
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Post any Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix technical issues here only

[Post New]by dgump on Jun 1, 12 7:10 PM
At the end of chapter 8, the game will not allow me to take the scroll. The book is locked. I have closed the game and restarted several times.

[Post New]by kityperry on Jun 19, 12 8:18 AM
bfgRhone wrote:Hi Fishies,

If you cannot seem to close the window with the scroll, try resizing your screen to see if the quit button appears from there. You can do so by going to the Options panel and tick the Windowed Mode option (could also be named Full screen, then untick the box in that case).

KayB22, I'm not sure what might be going wrong for you with the sound. I'd recommend to get in touch with <a href="http://Forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> for further assistance with the sound issue.

Hope that helps!

bfgRhone

I am having this same prioblem with not being able to take the scroll and unable to click on anything. I tried to change from full sized screen but I received a msg stating that my 'screen resolution' was not supported for this...I don't know what to change my screen resolution to. I am loving this game and would love to hear how to get past htis. Please help?

Edited on 06/19/2012 at 8:21:38 AM PST

[Post New]by kityperry on Jun 19, 12 8:26 AM
While fooling around w/ different screen resolutions I found one that enabled me to take the game off of full screen but I am still unable to take the scroll and continue the game...anyone able to get past this bug???

Edited on 06/19/2012 at 8:26:42 AM PST

[Post New]by auntdott on Jul 1, 12 3:33 PM
I, too, have a frozen screen after the flute and the snakes. i am unable to grab the scroll or do anything with anything on the screen. So-who has the answer?

[Post New]by unicorn9921 on Jul 9, 12 11:53 AM
In the forest animal puppet mini-game, the monkey dropped the key and it disappeared! Help!

Go to: