Golden Key in Bonus Game?

fnlalesi
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Golden Key in Bonus Game?

[Post New]by fnlalesi on May 11, 12 4:43 PM
Is anyone else having trouble finding this? According to the SG, it should be in a HOS where the knight is, but I can't access it. I've knocked it down to casual mode so I could use hints and hopefully have the location highlighted, but still nothing. In fact, I've used hints in every room and all I get is "there's nothing for me to do here right now" in EVERY scene! Help!

Edited on 05/11/2012 at 4:44:16 PM PST

MET21
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Golden Key in Bonus Game?

[Post New]by MET21 on May 11, 12 9:07 PM
OMG!!! YES YES YES!!! The same thing is happening to me. @ fnlalesi......I have done the very same thing did you have done! Switched to the casual mode and checked EVERY room and get the same thing....."There's nothing for me to do here right now".
I can't believe we are the only two with the problem???!!!!

[Post New]by onecalidoc68 on May 11, 12 9:11 PM
same problem here....no HOS....this is getting to be a habit with big fish, I have about had it with it

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on May 11, 12 9:39 PM
Sorry you are having trouble.

Have you used the Light Potion on the knight, then talked to him?

MET21
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MET21 on May 11, 12 10:25 PM
@ prpldva.....yep....used the Light Potion, and even tried to use it twice just to make sure.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on May 11, 12 11:01 PM
MET21 wrote:@ prpldva.....yep....used the Light Potion, and even tried to use it twice just to make sure.

hmm..ok let's figure this out..

Did you picked up the HORN and the GOLDEN BASE after talking to the knight?

MET21
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MET21 on May 12, 12 12:01 AM
@prpldva...yep....used the Light Potion on the Knight. Picked up the HORN and GOLDEN BASE. And that is were I'm stuck. No HOS screen opens near the status. A window opens and gives a closer view of the female gold statue on the left. Nothing else.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on May 12, 12 1:01 AM
Hmmm. Have you tried reading through the strategy guide to make sure there isn't a step you missed somewhere? It sounds like you may have missed tripping the trigger. Unfortunately I've only played the game once, so I'm not sure what the trigger is for this HOG.

MET21
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MET21 on May 12, 12 1:22 AM
Yep.....however, I did read through the SG pretty fast. When I switched from the difficult mode to the casual mode so that I could use the "hint" button....I traveled to every location and used the hint button, getting the message, "There's is nothing to do here at this time".
@WilJul......so you did get through the Bonus Chapter OK?
In the meantime, I'll go back and check the SG more closely.

Edited on 05/12/2012 at 1:23:32 AM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on May 12, 12 1:27 AM
MET21 wrote:Yep.....however, I did read through the SG pretty fast. When I switched from the difficult mode to the casual mode so that I could use the "hint" button....I traveled to every location and used the hint button, getting the message, "There's is nothing to do here at this time".
@WilJul......so you did get through the Bonus Chapter OK?
In the meantime, I'll go back and check the SG more closely.

Hi MET21! I did indeed get through the bonus with no problems. I was getting a little careless by the end though and had to dip into the sg myself to find things I stupidly overlooked!
Good luck with that sg read. Let us know if you figure it out!!

MET21
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MET21 on May 12, 12 1:52 AM
WilJul wrote:Hmmm. Have you tried reading through the strategy guide to make sure there isn't a step you missed somewhere? It sounds like you may have missed tripping the trigger. Unfortunately I've only played the game once, so I'm not sure what the trigger is for this HOG.

Just went through the SG very carefully. I didn't miss anything. Do you know of a way the start the Bonus game over without playing the "initial" game?

fnlalesi
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by fnlalesi on May 12, 12 5:12 AM
I went through the SG myself, step by step and haven't missed a thing. That HOS is simply not there, making it impossible to finish the game (again)

[Post New]by Anthropologist on May 12, 12 12:56 PM
Hi all,
I'm having the same problem, Ive been through the SG, and the H0G isn't where its meant to be?!? I just want to get this finished now so if anyone has an ideas, please HELP!

Might jst be me missing something

Edited on 05/12/2012 at 2:15:14 PM PST

[Post New]by lynn_jenkins on May 12, 12 2:55 PM
There is clearly a problem here.

There is no HOS at the base of the Huge Statue of the anciently worshipped god.

No one is missing anything. The HOS is simply not there.

After completing this HOS, we should get a golden key to unlock the door near the knight's sword. No key. Without the key, the game will not move on.

This really sucks since unless the bonus game is completed, the bonus content such as the music and wallpaper cannot be accessed.

I hate wasting my time and a gaming error like this one is unacceptable.

MET21
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MET21 on May 12, 12 6:07 PM
I sent an email to Big Fish yesterday about the problem. I received an answer just to little while ago. Here is the email sent back to me:

[removed by Moderator]

I was hoping for a different answer! Oh well!! Happy gaming to all and to all a good night.

Edited on 06/01/2012 at 11:15:27 AM PST

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on May 12, 12 6:31 PM
I agree with reinstalling, but just in case...can anyone please tell me what is in your inventory?

MET21
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MET21 on May 12, 12 6:51 PM
prpldva wrote:I agree with reinstalling, but just in case...can anyone please tell me what is in your inventory?

I have the following in my inventory:

one golden crown
one golden princess head
one golden statue base

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on May 12, 12 8:25 PM
MET21 wrote:
prpldva wrote:I agree with reinstalling, but just in case...can anyone please tell me what is in your inventory?

I have the following in my inventory:

one golden crown
one golden princess head
one golden statue base

Did you already place the horn and harp with the angels and get the sword? the sword then goes to the knight.

MET21
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MET21 on May 12, 12 9:13 PM

Did you already place the horn and harp with the angels and get the sword? the sword then goes to the knight.

Yes, I did. I noticed in the SG that those actions come after you play the HOS. Even if that's the case, the programmer should have made exceptions for that.

Edited on 05/12/2012 at 9:15:29 PM PST

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on May 12, 12 11:03 PM
MET21 wrote:

Yes, I did. I noticed in the SG that those actions come after you play the HOS. Even if that's the case, the programmer should have made exceptions for that.

The strategy guide only reflects the way I played the game. There are of course, so many variations in sequence. But it worked in this sequence the many times I played as well as Q & A, so it is either a file corrupted during download/installation or a computer configuration issue.

I would first try reinstalling. You can also make sure your video card drivers are current; also update Flash and DirectX. Lastly, contact tech support. They will need info on your configuration to look into the issue.

I hope this helps and you are able to get it resolved.

prpl

Go to: