bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 12, 12 12:37 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

mrssharon
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Updated Fragmented Objects in HOS

[Post New]by mrssharon on May 12, 12 10:16 AM
I got to the HOS where the pirate skeleton was in the hammock and it had fragmented pieces in it. Not on purpose... just pieces of other objects in the scene. For example, the egg was whole, but in other parts of the scene you could see bits of the egg. The garlic was fragmented, as well as the leaves.

So far, none of the other HOS are having the same problem.

Anyone else having this issue?

Glad I'm not the only one... I, too, used hints to find the objects that could not be seen.

I feel this issue takes away from the mood of the game, but there seems to be no other way to play that scene. As long as there is a "bug" I won't buy the game even though I like it a lot.

What about this issue, bfgMonongahela? Any fixes in sight?

Edited on 05/13/2012 at 11:01:00 AM PST

Fragmented Objects in HOS

[Post New]by pendle_witch on May 12, 12 11:49 AM
mrssharon wrote:I got to the HOS where the pirate skeleton was in the hammock and it had fragmented pieces in it. Not on purpose... just pieces of other objects in the scene. For example, the egg was whole, but in other parts of the scene you could see bits of the egg. The garlic was fragmented, as well as the leaves.

Yes, I had just the same problem and the only way I could get past the scene was to collect any items I could see. After that I asked for hints and just clicked in the area that it showed until I got all the items.

Tink44
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

Re:Post any Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman technical issues here only

[Post New]by Tink44 on May 12, 12 11:50 AM
I too had similar problem. Lots of objects weren't there in skeleton in hammock HOG. Clicked on hint, which circled area but nothing there. However if area clicked the item was crossed off. No other problems until then.

[Post New]by janetsui on May 12, 12 6:10 PM
I have no problem with the HOG scenes. My problem is, the game's graphic is collapsed from time to time, and sometimes the hint button never shows up. Have to play it the save and load way. I have reached to the point where I got the bellow and I should blow the dust off the bookshelf, but my game frozed at that point, and when I reload it, the bellow is missing (and can never be found again) and the bookshelf is dusty. What can I do instead of playing the game from the very beginning again?

mouseclick2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by mouseclick2 on May 12, 12 6:40 PM
If you are like me and in hard mode the clues do not exist. So this is what I did to find remaining unclickable objects in the "skeleton in the hammock" scene. Look for the vertical rope on the right side of the scene and slowly click all around that vicinity as not to penalize your cursor. You will then manage to collect the unclickables there. What I think this is that the items are reflect somehow to near the vertical rope and like I said they items are invisibly there! Just to add to this post there is a second HOS in the same spot with similar issues, you just have to get lucky and click everywhere, try aiming for what looks to be fractured parts of the scene, I sometimes got lucky with this method and found items at these weird spots. Again this is meant as a post for those who have selected hard mode with no clues to show you anything.

Edited on 05/13/2012 at 6:06:28 AM PST

mermaidjwl
Manatee
Manatee
4,265 Posts

Fragmented Objects in HOS

[Post New]by mermaidjwl on May 13, 12 7:55 AM
mrssharon wrote:I got to the HOS where the pirate skeleton was in the hammock and it had fragmented pieces in it. Not on purpose... just pieces of other objects in the scene. For example, the egg was whole, but in other parts of the scene you could see bits of the egg. The garlic was fragmented, as well as the leaves.

I downloaded and uninstalled this game twice now. I am still having technical issues with the skelton in the hammock, Hog's.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on May 13, 12 9:52 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you're having problems with the game freezing, please try the suggestions in this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your progress in the game isn't being saved (or an item is missing from your inventory when you come back to play), you can try the steps in this article:

Game Not Saving

If those suggestions don't work - and for those of you having trouble with that specific hammock HOS - it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support. They'll be able to take a look at how the game is running on your computer and give you more specific troubleshooting steps. And, if there is a glitch in the game, the information you send will really help us pinpoint why it is happening and get it fixed that much faster.

Please take a look at the info in the post we've created here about how to contact Tech Support and send them the details of the problem.

I hope this helps!

bfgMonongahela

skingman
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by skingman on May 13, 12 11:21 AM
I put the gear and the pendulum in the clock but nothing happened,and I didn't get the seed. any suggestions!!

momshere
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by momshere on May 13, 12 7:58 PM
Same issue as otheres with the skeleton-in-the-hammock HOS. Did the same thing in the CE version, I uninstalled and hoped for the best with the SE only to encounter the same problem. This is one of those times I wish I could post a picture so the developers could see what we're talking about.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on May 14, 12 9:33 AM
Hi again Fishies,

skingman - the first thing I would try is uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Your progress will be saved, but this way you can be sure all the files download properly. Here's a help article about how to do that:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game

momshere - you actually can send in a picture of what you're seeing with the skeleton-in-the-hammock HOS The help article below goes over how to create a screenshot of that point in the game:

Create a Screenshot

***It's definitely best to have your game in "windows mode" when you capture the screenshot.

Once you have that, you can send it to our Tech Support team by following the steps we've listed here. That will definitely help them as they work with the developers to get this issue fixed.

And skingman - if you're still having trouble with the clock, it's a good idea for you to get in touch with Tech Support as well.

I hope this helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 05/14/2012 at 9:42:07 AM PST

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on May 15, 12 11:09 AM
I'm playing the SE now and had the same problem with the HOS with skeleton in the hammock. I just used the hint button and clicked on the area it indicated and lo and behold, the object appeared. Developer needs to fix this. Did this happen in the CE version too?

[Post New]by upnick on May 27, 12 4:35 AM
I'm having the same problem as skingman i uninstalled /installed the game three time again from the games Manager & control panel still i go to the clock & have put the gear/pedndulum on the clock & no seed crystal appears for me to pick up to carry on the game, without it i'm stuck & will end up permanently deleting the game if it cant be resolved.

[Post New]by OvrThRainbo on Jun 1, 12 9:21 PM
Aaaargh,, Matey! At the church across the stream from the mysterious island the scrubber( in my inventory) does not work to clear the wall of the church. I can pick up the scrubber, take it to the wall by the window but I get some sort of message about not being able to do that there. I've read the Blog Walkthrough very carefully over and over again for this section and gone back to the church and tried to use the scrubber but I keep getting messages telling me basically that it doesn't work there. Is this a known problem in the non-CE version? I really like this game and now I'm stuck. I'd really like to play through to the end.

annetterider
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by annetterider on Jun 6, 12 11:26 PM
I am having trouble with chapter 8 saving the souls, i have all 3 keys to open the chest, as soon as I put the 3rd key in, it closed that scene and I couldnt get back into it to put the exotic key in to get the cup. Can anyone help please.

shellykayd
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by shellykayd on Jun 17, 12 9:17 PM
I also am having the issue with the HOS skeleton in the hammock! Not sure why this has not been fixed yet. Does anyone know if it IS being worked on? I bought the game before getting to this point (silly me...sigh), and it's very annoying trying to play when you can't even tell where things are to click on. Now I see there are more problems later in the game? That's frustrating.

[Post New]by nimbinmagic on Mar 7, 13 2:47 AM
I am three parts through the flying dutchman and looking for the shovel, the hint says nothing more to be found,I looked in walkthrough and the shovel is not where is says it is and yet the bule bubbles will not go away and the hint send you back to the find it in the garden,

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on May 19, 13 1:59 PM
I had the same problem with the two HOS in the hammock, but I got around that. Now I am having the same problem taking the seed crystal that skingman describes, and which Cheyanna2011 also cites in a separate post dated 9/9/12. Well, I guess I will try uninstalling and reinstalling, although the ONLY time that has ever worked for me was when there was a fix done to the game between my first and second install, which isn't the case here.

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on May 19, 13 3:15 PM
Just checking back, to say that uninstall and reinstall did not work, but as I said, it never does - unless there has been a fix which there hasn't. In reading through I see that upnick also had the same issue. So it definitely isn't just me. I will try the game with another O/S (of course I will have to play again from the beginning). If that doesn't work I will contact customer service, athough that may be much time down the road, since I have other games unplayed to work on.

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Jun 9, 13 12:48 PM
Re the seed crystal: I finally got it and was able to finish the game. What worked was starting a new profile, and then, when I got into the mansion, following the walkthrough stavishly up until getting the crystal.

Go to: