Kiwicouple
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Extra items you can pick up in the HOS..

[Post New]by Kiwicouple on May 12, 12 4:12 PM
Like coins..and in one some mushrooms..they seem to be usable..but..

Does anyone know what these items are actually for?

Re:Extra items you can pick up in the HOS..

[Post New]by kghnrt on May 12, 12 4:52 PM
Good question- I was wondering the same thing! Beats me! Maybe deveoper just wanted to play with our heads!

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on May 12, 12 4:58 PM
Somebody who posted in the review thread theorized that the extra objects are to make you think, "what do I need?" Interesting concept, although I would be more interested to know whether or not it is a glitch and that those objects are to be used in a future scene and are interactive earlier by mistake. Maybe if I buy the game I'll find out!

Nana6177
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Nana6177 on May 12, 12 9:25 PM
Love the demo of this game...deal breaker may be the items I pick up in HOS that have absolutley nothing to do in that HOS at that time...maybe for a later date? I don't know. ....but it is a real pain in the &*%%$$%^ and I am getting sick of it!

I love all the other concepts of this game...but that may be a deal breaker for me cuz it makes it not fun! (bad english, but urg!!!).

Nosferat2
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Nosferat2 on May 13, 12 9:25 AM
I was thinking the additional objects may have reflected a certain randomness in the HOS. You have "x" number of objects that are active and based on your specific goals, you need to chose the right ones.

Also adds to replayability of the same HOS location.

I've finished the game and there are billions of HOS, but the extra active items really didn't prove a hinderance once you understood not everything active needed to be used.

I was more put off by random exploring, very few mini-games and all the HOS. Plus the mystery of the story was over long before the game. I actually play these games DESPITE the HOS and more for the story development.

Oh, and where was the rain?!

Kiwicouple
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Kiwicouple on May 13, 12 6:16 PM
Well that's a new concept..extra items to make you think, but it makes sense eh.

I've noticed the lack of minigames as well.

Go to: