bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 13, 12 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 05/17/2012 at 3:40:46 AM PST

Re:Post any Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by balddy on May 13, 12 3:05 AM
can't find matches in storage room.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Valdy on May 13, 12 4:19 AM
Rachieroos wrote:(Sorry if this should be in the tech thread but I wanted to let people know what happened in case it causes issues for others)

I bought this game and was installing it, got to about 60% and suddenly BAM! - blue screen of death, and laptop went straight into core dump mode

Scared the living heck out of me! I restarted Win 7 and everything was fine, continued the interrupted download and seems to be okay now with the full game installed.

Just wanted to give this as a warning in case it causes more issues for other people, and flag as a particular technical download issue rather than an in-game one.

Hi Rachieroos...

Seeing that your comment has been locked, I thought I'd pop it in here for a reply.

I have often noticed that unless I completely delete the demo before installing the full version, my computer also sometimes crashes and gives me the blue screen.

So it might be a good idea not to download the full version on top of the demo, but do a new clean installation.

Hope this helps.

bfgfan25
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by bfgfan25 on May 13, 12 4:36 AM
balddy wrote:can't find matches in storage room.

Same. Is it a game glitch?

Edited on 05/13/2012 at 5:15:52 AM PST

pjs22763
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by pjs22763 on May 13, 12 5:22 AM
not able to find 2nd medal in kitchen

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on May 13, 12 5:27 AM
I can't get the matches either. They're not showing where they should be. This is ridiculous.

The medal is on the Chef's hat.

Edited on 05/13/2012 at 5:28:27 AM PST

pjs22763
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by pjs22763 on May 13, 12 5:29 AM
I can't get the 2nd medal in the kitchen. I can zoom in but its not there.

pjs22763
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by pjs22763 on May 13, 12 5:31 AM
Duh. Thanks got it

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on May 13, 12 5:40 AM
pjs22763 wrote:Duh. Thanks got it

You're welcome lol

dawn_j72
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by dawn_j72 on May 13, 12 5:58 AM
I can't get matches either

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on May 13, 12 6:03 AM
I pm'ed bfgBaikal about it. I just hope he sees my pm and responds. Hopefully he did see the thread and maybe they are working on a solution. I uninstalled and re-installed the game and same outcome.

Edited on 05/13/2012 at 6:04:56 AM PST

BarbLeigh
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by BarbLeigh on May 13, 12 6:14 AM
I have the same problem, except mine won't load at all. I get through the download on the manger, security scan, goes to game manager screen and NOTHING.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 13, 12 6:24 AM
Hi Fishies,

BarbLeigh, if your game is not loading for you, I would suggest having a look at the following help article which has some great advice on helping your game to run:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For those for you having trouble with the matches I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If the issue persists, please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team, that would really help us out as we continue looking into this.

Thank you all for your co-operation and if there are any updates on this issue, we'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 05/13/2012 at 6:25:17 AM PST

nyc240
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by nyc240 on May 13, 12 6:49 AM
I downloaded the game and it was playing fine, but about half way through it crashed my computer. Tried 2 more times and both times crashed.

[Post New]by baglady159 on May 13, 12 6:54 AM
The game downloaded for me but is now just sitting there saying "activating". I can't even uninstalll and reinstall since it hasn't gotten "activated" enough to even give me a trash can to click on. Any help?

Edited to add: Now it finally activated but told me my trial had expired so going to try the download one more time. Uninstalled and here we go.....

Another edit: This one worked. Off to play.

Edited on 05/13/2012 at 8:41:28 AM PST

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on May 13, 12 8:11 AM
About the matches.

I uninstalled and re-installed the game and used a new profile. I changed game playing modes from Hard to Advanced and on Advanced mode I got the matches! Yay! I don't know why this is or what. But for you others who didn't have the matches either, maybe tried what I did and see if you get them too. Still the point of the fact is it shouldn't of had to be this way. Thank you.

Sassy

[Post New]by TamzC2 on May 13, 12 8:57 AM
I made it all the way to the pipes puzzle in the mansion bathroom - all the pipes & the caps were where they should be, but the puzzle wouldn't finish. I even checked the Strategy Guide to make sure I had it right!

I've had to switch to easy mode & charge the Skip puzzle to get past it.

BarbLeigh
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by BarbLeigh on May 13, 12 9:12 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies,

BarbLeigh, if your game is not loading for you, I would suggest having a look at the following help article which has some great advice on helping your game to run:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166"> Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>

For those for you having trouble with the matches I would suggest <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/492/kw/uninstalling%20and%20reinstalling">uninstalling and reinstalling the game</a> a try to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If the issue persists, please run a <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/142687.page">Dr. Felix</a> report and then send that over to our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> team, that would really help us out as we continue looking into this.

Thank you all for your co-operation and if there are any updates on this issue, we'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by friendlyalien on May 13, 12 9:41 AM
There are no matches to get for me, either. I fear I will have to start all over again. Any help out there?

wildone18
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by wildone18 on May 13, 12 12:14 PM
Good luck to everyone with this issue. BFG doesn't really read these tech issues unless you send an email to customer support. They will only do anything if you send them that worthless felix report so they can blame it on your computer. To them its never the game's fault unless ALOT of people complain about it.

Go to: