Doomed with hot pan

[Post New]by rrm145 on May 13, 12 6:43 AM
I missed to cool down the pan in the kitchen. After the action in this section the building collapsed and there seems to be no chance to go back. So I still have the hot pan in my inventory and cannot use the medal in it.

Re:Doomed with hot pan

[Post New]by rrm145 on May 13, 12 8:24 AM
Any suggestions to this? I'm really stuck at this point.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 13, 12 9:56 AM
Possibly, as at other times in the game. We do not choose when to use the medals?......
I am so sorry, I am not as far forward as you are. Do you NEED to use this medal where you are or is there another one to find?

Try just carrying on, until you need it. Hope that this helps a little, if not try the SG.

[Post New]by tam71369 on May 13, 12 12:13 PM
Im having same problem. I never cooled down pan and I cant find another place that i can cool it down. I am unable to move anywhere...arghhhh. someone please help

[Post New]by alicekramden on May 13, 12 8:17 PM
Same here!!!! Can't finish the game at this point...very frustrating.

[Post New]by scarygame_lvr on May 13, 12 10:06 PM
I did the same thing what are we suppose to do with this prob im not playing the whole game over again for this one problem please help. you cannot carry on without this medal it goes on to open a door which is your only way forward.

Edited on 05/13/2012 at 10:10:13 PM PST

[Post New]by scarygame_lvr on May 13, 12 10:13 PM
I hit my explanation point button but it says if offensive, but the moderater says to push that if you want it read ?????

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on May 14, 12 12:49 AM
I am glad to see I am not the only one that did this. I felt kind of like I had a DUH moment. I got this yesterday and played for about 4 hours. When the sun started coming up, it got less creepy so that defeats the purpose of playing a creepy game.

I picked back up this morning, and played another 30 minutes when I got to a point I was stuck on what to do. So I went EVERYWHERE it would let me and used the HINT button. All areas I could go to said Nothing to do here, try somewhere else.

I dont like using the strategy guide every step of the way, however when the house collapsed, it said I should go to the Hotel attic. I went and it had 6 slots for medals, I had 5 so I looked in my inventory to see 1 stuck into a pan. I went to the guide and it said I had to cool it in the house that collapsed so since these games auto save all the time, I guess I will have to restart my game.

I do really like this game, I just wish game companies would really make sure they dont make it to where if you miss doing something before some huge destruction of an area you can no longer access, you arent stuck having to restart the whole thing. I already know what happens up to this point so restarting it wont scare me near as much now so I just wish I could start where I left off.

If anyone knows something other than restarting, I would love to know.

[Post New]by rrm145 on May 14, 12 6:47 AM
So dylansmom1979 did what I did. Looks like there is NO way back, when you didn't cool the pan in the house. What's next step ? I'm not familiar with the procedure. How can I, can we, get a reaction vom BFG ?

[Post New]by operations on May 14, 12 7:28 AM
Same problem here. I'm finding these bugs more common recently. Almost finished Chestnut Lodge when a bug stopped me from continuing. Like this, only recourse was to restart. Forget that.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on May 14, 12 8:08 AM
I, too, have run into this problem. I cannot get back to the mansion through the hole in the fence, and therefore cannot get back into the kitchen to cool down the frying pan and get the medal.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, but I do not want to restart with a new profile. I am very disappointed that BFG and ERS released a game with a glitch like this. The only way to really get their attention is to contact CS via the little green envelope and send them a Dr. Felix report. I'm going to do that right now.

DK

ETA: I don't know if things have changed, but the few times I've beta tested games, I could only play the first couples of chapters. Now these glitches seem to happen close to the end of the game. Why don't they let users beta test the entire game, so that these glitches are more likely to be found?

Edited on 05/14/2012 at 8:15:29 AM PST

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on May 15, 12 12:17 AM
I dont see this as a glitch, but more of a careless oversight when programming the game. Developers should never allow things like this to happen. If there is a point in a game where certain areas become temporarily or permanently inaccessible, there must be something letting you know you must do something else before you can move forward.

Before the game allowed the house to collapse, it should have realized I didnt have the medal free from the pan and the collapse scene should not have happened until the medal was free from the pan.

Maybe if the game realized you were getting to the part of the house collapse, a message pop up at the top saying, I must remove the medal from the frying pan before I can move on or something. Then the medal gets free, you get out and it collapses.

If a place will be destroyed but key items are needed from there, it must not get destroyed until AFTER you have finished key actions. I dont really want to start over since I have almost 5 hours into this game, but I guess I will delete the profile and start again since it seems to be my only option. I paid for the game and am not going to just not finish it. Plus there is a bonus chapter, wallpapers, screensaver and other items I cant access until I beat it.

I hope ERS games make more games like this one, I LOVE the creepy stuff in the game, but I just wish games would stop making it possible for you to play 3/4 of a game and get stuck because you werent perfect on getting everything you needed or maybe getting the item but not freeing it from its frying pan first and now cant get to the sink to free it.

If I were more strategy guide happy, I guess I wouldnt be in this mess but whats the fun of a game if you constantly look at the guide the whole way through?

Edited on 05/15/2012 at 12:17:56 AM PST

[Post New]by alicekramden on May 15, 12 5:22 AM
Ditto to Dylansmom's last post !!!!!!

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 15, 12 7:45 AM
Hi everyone,

Sounds like some of you have stumbled across a progression block. If uninstalling and reinstalling the game didn't help, you could try starting with a different profile. This, however, would mean you'd have to start over.

To start tracking this issue with more information, please get in touch with our Tech Support so they can look into this further.

Also, since we already have a thread in this Game Forum dedicated to technical issues, I'll be locking this one to keep things tidy in here, but please feel free to re-post your issue HERE.

Thank you!

-bfgRhone

Go to: