calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

Missed picking up the matches...

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on May 13, 12 10:50 AM
Now I cannot light the stove, and it won't let me go back to the storage doors to get them. Darn it! Any suggestions?

littletanpom
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

Re:Missed picking up the matches...

[Post New]by littletanpom on May 13, 12 11:22 AM
I am having the same problem. Is this a bug??? Why can't we find matches some other lace???

tabsy
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by tabsy on May 13, 12 12:06 PM
Me too. I can't decide whether to play on and see if I can fix the lighter or start again.

wildone18
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by wildone18 on May 13, 12 12:12 PM
Good luck to everyone with this issue. BFG doesn't really read these tech issues unless you send an email to customer support. They will only do anything if you send them that worthless felix report so they can blame it on your computer. To them its never the game's fault unless ALOT of people complain about it.

[Post New]by bluelion9231536 on May 13, 12 1:14 PM
Yep, Same here, missed them entirely. I'm really tired of spending the money for a collector's edition, only to find it full of glitches.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on May 13, 12 2:13 PM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to swim in with some extra help. The issue with the matches is something our team is currently looking into. I've found a couple of Fishies who were able to get past this part a couple of ways:

sassylassie wrote:About the matches.

I uninstalled and re-installed the game and used a new profile. I changed game playing modes from Hard to Advanced and on Advanced mode I got the matches! Yay! I don't know why this is or what. But for you others who didn't have the matches either, maybe tried what I did and see if you get them too. Still the point of the fact is it shouldn't of had to be this way. Thank you.

Sassy

dreaming_gold wrote:I had the same problem with the matches. If you open the door that the matches are supposed to be sitting on before you get the matches, you won't be able to get the matches at all.
I just started over with a new problem and made sure to grab them before opening the door. Worked just fine.

However, if you try either of these and your game is still giving you trouble, then I would definitely get in contact with Customer Support (if you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to do this). A rep will be happy to help you with your individual purchase.

If you're able to, one thing that will help will be to send in a Dr. Felix with your email. The reason why this is helpful is because it gives our team a better idea what types of computers are being affected with these issues to help them better find the problem and resolve the issue.

In the meantime, to better track this issue I'm locking this thread now. But, if any other Fishies run into this issue, please don't hesitate to write in or to post in our Technical Issues thread for this game here:

Post any Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition technical issues here only

So we can better monitor the issue. Thank you!

bfgCimarron

Edited on 05/13/2012 at 2:13:54 PM PST

Go to: