This game would have been better if...

[Post New]by Underthebridge on May 13, 12 6:44 PM
ERS threw in some HO's. .all their other games do...I guess they wanted something different. ... So sorry no buy for me.. . will keep my money in the pocket til another NEW game comes out with HO's...

Edited on 05/13/2012 at 6:45:17 PM PST

Re:This game would have been better if...

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on May 14, 12 12:57 AM
I disagree. I dont mind an occasional HO scene, but when you cant play 2 minutes of storyline without one, it gets kind of boring. I am more into the storyline of a game and what scares it can throw my way. I like the HO games cause they are the ones that usually have scary storylines with them which I love.

I think Big Fish release plenty enough HO, almost all games they release like this have some or alot of HO scenes. This is the 1st time in forever a game that plays like a HO but has no HO scenes has been on Big Fish. I think the occasional HO like game (Scary Adventure) without the HO scenes is just fine. I dont care if its all the time, but once in a while is nice in my opinion.

Like I said, I love games like Ravenhearst series, Joyville, Mystery Case Files games and others like that with HO scenes plus the scary storyline, but when 90% or 95% is HO scenes to 5% or 10% storyline, I get bored.

I have played games where you seriously couldnt move 2 steps or play 2 minutes without the HO scenes one right after another. If they balance it right, and have a storyline, some sudden frights from time to time and some HO scenes, thats better than a game thats 80% or more HO scenes.

Edited on 05/14/2012 at 1:02:33 AM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on May 14, 12 11:26 AM
dylansmom1979 wrote:I disagree. I dont mind an occasional HO scene, but when you cant play 2 minutes of storyline without one, it gets kind of boring. I am more into the storyline of a game and what scares it can throw my way. I like the HO games cause they are the ones that usually have scary storylines with them which I love.

I think Big Fish release plenty enough HO, almost all games they release like this have some or alot of HO scenes. This is the 1st time in forever a game that plays like a HO but has no HO scenes has been on Big Fish. I think the occasional HO like game (Scary Adventure) without the HO scenes is just fine. I dont care if its all the time, but once in a while is nice in my opinion.

Like I said, I love games like Ravenhearst series, Joyville, Mystery Case Files games and others like that with HO scenes plus the scary storyline, but when 90% or 95% is HO scenes to 5% or 10% storyline, I get bored.

I have played games where you seriously couldnt move 2 steps or play 2 minutes without the HO scenes one right after another. If they balance it right, and have a storyline, some sudden frights from time to time and some HO scenes, thats better than a game thats 80% or more HO scenes.

Big ditto

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on May 14, 12 11:28 AM
I agree about this game excelled in itself without any HO scene's. Don't get me wrong, I am an avid HO player, but the repetiveness drives me crazy after awhile. Especially when the bonus chapter is one HO scene after another! You tend to lose the objective of the game on occasion because you are doing nothing but finding 'stuff only to end up with the one thing you need to get the game going again.
Just my thoughts and I hope I didn't irritate anyone by stating it.

gobaba
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by gobaba on May 18, 12 7:31 PM
No thanks, I've found all the umbrellas, horseshoes, candlesticks, and mushrooms I care to. This is pure adventure and I love it. There's a multitude of games with HO scenes and this is a nice change.

[Post New]by PlantMyRedTulips on May 18, 12 10:16 PM
gobaba wrote:No thanks, I've found all the umbrellas, horseshoes, candlesticks, and mushrooms I care to. This is pure adventure and I love it. There's a multitude of games with HO scenes and this is a nice change.
I agree. HO's are fun, but like others have said, gets routine after a while especially with the 'junk' scenes. Though my first and favorite straight up HO game was the Mystery Case files one that takes place at a circus. (I forgot the name of it..)

[Post New]by Silver_Sage on May 19, 12 7:08 AM
I was thrilled to find there were no HOS! I don't usually buy CE's, but I'm buying this one just as an encouragement to the devs to make more like this without the HOS.

My old eyes just can't handle some of the HO junk piles.

Edited on 05/19/2012 at 7:09:14 AM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 19, 12 9:23 AM
Hi Fishies,

Thanks for your feedback on Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition ! I wanted to let you know we do have a couple threads where you can share your opinion on the game:

Reviews for Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition

Comments for Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition

The reviews thread is an excellent place to share what you specifically liked or disliked about the game, and it lets other Fishies know what to expect before playing it.

The comments thread is a place where you can talk with other Fishies who have played the game. Some topics might include characters, specific scenes and anything else related to the game.

To keep things tidy, I'll be locking this thread, but please feel free to re-post your comments in one of those discussions. Thanks!

bfgSeine

Go to: