bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Inspector Magnusson: Murder on the Titanic

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 14, 12 12:40 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Inspector Magnusson: Murder on the Titanic ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Inspector Magnusson: Murder on the Titanic page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Inspector Magnusson: Murder on the Titanic

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 14, 12 12:40 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 14, 12 1:07 AM
Good morning, fishies of many credits.

This review is based on the demo.

There is only one gameplay mode.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There is no voice-over, and no widescreen.

On the main Menu page, there is a Bonus tab, which has wallpaper for your enjoyment (only areas you have already visited on the ship are unlocked for you to use as wallpaper).

There are quite a few HOS (hidden object scenes). The graphics in the HOS are clear and clean, and very well done. Objects are easy enough to find.
Some of the items you find in the HOS move to your inventory.

The HINT button, which also works outside of the HOS, is at the left, and barely takes 30 seconds to refill.

ETA: When you want to use a HINT in the HOS, you first click on the HINT button, and then on the object's name you want to be found. If you don't click on an object name, it won't work.

The JOURNAL and the MAP are at the right. Sometimes you need the map to jump to a different area, and other times you don't. Not terribly interactive.

When you are completely done with one area an icon appears at the top right side to let you know that you should move on to another area.

Puzzles can be skipped. The SKIP button takes only about 30 seconds to fill.

Graphics are very well done. Nice and clean and clear.

--- --- ---

There are quite a few different things to do on the ship, but on the whole this game has the feel of a basic HOG.

Because I wasn't thrown off my chair with excitement, I will give the game a miss. All those fishies who enjoy this game, happy gaming.

ETA: To Edmee and LovetoMissLisa: Regarding checking (as LovetoMissLisa said) or unchecking (as Edmee said) the 4.3 ratio button...

Hmmm... did I really not see that option? Am I such an incompetend person that I wouldn't try out that ratio button to see what happens? Answer to oneself: No, I am not such an incompetend person that I wouldn't try out anything that Option has to offer.

Edited on 05/14/2012 at 3:09:12 AM PST

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on May 14, 12 1:17 AM
Valdy wrote:Good morning, fishies of many credits.

This review is based on the demo.

There is only one gameplay mode.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There is no voice-over, and no widescreen.

On the main Menu page, there is a Bonus tab, which has wallpaper for your enjoyment (only areas you have already visited on the ship are unlocked for you to use as wallpaper).

There are quite a few HOS (hidden object scenes). The graphics in the HOS are clear and clean, and very well done. Objects are easy enough to find.
Some of the items you find in the HOS move to your inventory.

The HINT button, which also works outside of the HOS is at the left, barely takes 30 seconds to refill.

ETA: When you want to use a HINT in the HOS, you first click on the HINT button, and then on the object's name you want to be found. If you don't click on an object name, it won't work.

The JOURNAL and the MAP are at the right. Sometimes you need the map to jump to a different area, and other times you don't. Not terribly interactive.

When you are completely done with one area an icon appears at the top right side.

Puzzles can be skipped. The SKIP button takes only about 30 seconds to fill.

Graphics are very well done. Nice and clean and clear.

--- --- ---

There are quite a few different things to do on the ship, but on the whole this game has the feel of a basic HOG.

Because I wasn't thrown off my chair with excitement, I will give the game a miss. All those fishies who enjoy this game, happy gaming.

Good Morning Valdy

Excellent review, as always, sums up my feelings on this game and I have nothing more I can add except that I found it to be a very basic HOG.

I love your 'fishies of many credits' quip

Limey

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on May 14, 12 1:37 AM
Too much dialogue for my liking.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on May 14, 12 1:38 AM
this is my opinion and my opinion only I do not like this game at all no voice over so you have to read the story lines which I find quite small the hint button may work outside the HO's but its not very informative at all you have to place things just so or they don't work I kept putting the clamp in the coal wheelbarrow and it wouldn't work until it was perfectly placed........................some items are very small and hard to find like the coins which there are 4 of so small that you miss the hint button when you use it.......................NOT FOR ME...........................good luck to all of those who buy this game enjoy ok came back to give it a good review the graphics are very well done that said goodbye enjoy

Edited on 05/14/2012 at 11:39:01 AM PST

[Post New]by scwill22452 on May 14, 12 1:54 AM
Iam normally a huge fan of TITANTIC have almost all games of this genre. I was very disappointed I will give it 1 star due to confusing gameplay very little interactive help and the game can be very confusing. The HOG scenes are not hard it is when you try to navagate thru the scenes that is hard to understand even if this game was at a low sale price it still would'nt be worth it this could be a grate game but I fear it is buggy I would wait a few months to see if it was updated. There is no timer.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on May 14, 12 2:17 AM
you can have widescreen :you must uncheck the 4/3 button in options menu
you can't move without using the map and on your own
you have to finish the scene before having the map glowing and sparkling at bottom right and can jump elsewhere
pure HOG game,with very few interactive play in them
if it is right there is 28 hidden objects scenes,during my hour demo i have done 1/3 of them at least
good graphics clear and colourful for most of hidden objects scenes
no voices,you have to read
story about love between people from 1rst class and worker(i guess he is not a real one!)who is murdered,and you have to help a swedish detective to solve the case
the lonely thing which make me curious is:who has sunk with the titanic?detective,murderer,or poor lady in distress?or them all?
not a bad game,just so-so,and for the lovers of pure hidden objects
cbtx,i did not have any problems with these puzzles you say:the photo and letter,i presume?can't explain why!

Edited on 05/14/2012 at 2:19:24 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 14, 12 2:37 AM
My review is based on demo. I like this game enough to buy it. With this said I do miss the fact there are No voiceovers. But it does have widescreen, you have to check the 4.3 ratio button to get widescreen. The graphics are absolutely clear and beautiful. I enjoy a who dun it storyline. There is a bonus with screensaver photos after you finish each scene. I like the storyline for a change. It's not a haunted house or ghost town. Yea! There are alot of Hog scenes, but I enjoy them. There very crisp and clear but somewhat easy. The dialogue it small to read. For sure give this game a try and it's a buy for me. Enjoy!

NO: Voiceovers
YES: Widescreen (click on 4.3 ratio)
YES: Journal
YES: Map
YES: Custom Cursor
YES: Skippable Puzzles
YES: Hint System (click hint and then Item)
YES: Sparkes on HOS
YES: Hog Scenes
YES: Bonus Wall Paper
Sound: Music/Abience/Effects
Theme: Who Dun It Mystery

I rate this game: “PORK BELLY” Mediocre game
Maybe a likable game for some, but not for everyone. It’s mediocre, but it is most definitely for me.
‘ ‘
(o)

Edited on 05/14/2012 at 4:04:23 AM PST

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on May 14, 12 3:04 AM
If you love a game full of hidden object scenes then this might be for you as this is full of them; the graphics are very clear & the artwork well drawn so the objects are not difficult to find. As well as dedicated H0 scenes some of the main scenes are also full of items to locate; you might find some of these harder to find; for instance a lipstick was miniscule. The hint recharges in 30 seconds if you need it.

There are also some mini puzzles, the usual sliders, put together a photograph, move coloured balls into a specific circle, etc; nothing too difficult if you are used to them although I confess I am useless at putting a specific set of colours into different rings so had to use the skip button.

You make your way through the ship via a map & as you jump to a scene there is a lot of dialogue (no voiceover but clickable) with various members of the crew & passengers. You have a journal which gives you clues & details of what you have learned.

In the menu there is a bonus option & you can set wallpaper as you play, new wallpapers open up as you solve different areas of the ship. There is no choice of gameplay so expect sparkles & either too much hand holding by way of pop ups that tell you what to do or a complete lack of information e.g. when you pick up a box where should you put it? I found the gameplay rather disjointed & the cursor would not always drop items where I wanted them until I had tried a few times.

I am a lover of adventure combined with my H0s so the gameplay is rather too simplistic for me (no wandering around the ship to explore) so I shall probably wait until I am stuck for a game to play before buying.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 14, 12 4:28 AM
This is a pleasant enough game with good clear graphics and nice intro music although I did mute it once I started playing the game.

The addition of wallpaper is a nice extra and I would/will definitely use the first one showing the ship should I get off this fence and purchase but I am hesitating because there are just too many hidden object scenes for my personal taste even though some of these have small interactive parts in which help to make them slightly more interesting than just clicking away. I also thought a couple of the coins should have been larger and thus more easy to see.

The addition of the map will please a lot of people who don't like wandering to and fro but I found missed it LOL ... you can please some of the people some of the time but not all the people all of the time .The storyline is reasonably interesting being a mystery although there was rather a lot of dialongue to click through.

I was however absolutely delighted to see the addition of a word puzzle . I feel that there should be more word puzzles included in games and I personally would much prefer doing one than moving 8 tiles round a 9 tile box or changing colours in 3 rings for example .

Cherb

kpajak
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by kpajak on May 14, 12 5:31 AM
Hi all, too much dialogue, confusion as to what to do at times, you can click and click and still not know what you're suppose to do, and I am a hardcore CE player. The graphics are clear, but as I already posted, too much dialogue. If you love HO's this will be for you, without the adventure thrown in. A no buy for me.

[Post New]by Underthebridge on May 14, 12 6:46 AM
I agree with all the Fishes on this one...it is an okay game ...but I am used to harder games..so sorry ,,no buy for me...I guess it is time for me to move to deeper water and swim with bigger ..even though I am STILL only a minnow, but like they say you can't judge a book by its cover..

Edited on 05/14/2012 at 6:47:25 AM PST

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on May 14, 12 7:08 AM
Review from playing demo:

The more in-depth reviews are above and I do like to read them. The game is a nice one although there is a bit much dialogue but I can "click it away" pretty quickly. There is a nice mix of puzzles. There is an icon that appears at the top to let us know when a scene is finished and I like that better than "there is nothing else to do here", or "search elsewhere". The H0 scenes are well-done and it is not difficult to find items...a bit of moving something to find something in some. When using an item, I found the game is a bit pixel-picky at times.

I do enjoy the game but am going to wait to buy it when I need to fill a card.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on May 14, 12 8:22 AM
This game is full of HOscenes, puzzles and good interaction, after the comic book opening the game was not so bad.

The graphics are in the dark side, but the HOscenes are clear.

For a SE the game is well worth it. Nice good adventure mystery that actually can keep you involved if you give it a try.

I like the game.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on May 14, 12 8:23 AM
The graphics have been beautifully created and executed in this game. It is simple and straightforward, with a lot of HOS, but there are also a lot of puzzles and interaction. The story is surprising, not what it looks like, which I felt was a nice twist. There are fast hint and skip buttons and it is technically very sound. There is a map that is used to change location, which is good, and it is easy to follow. There is a lot of dialogue, but you can fly through it with the buttons provided at the top, if you do not want to read it. But then you will probably not get the point of the story, which as I have said, is unexpected.

The only problem I encountered was with the puzzles where you have to put together scraps of paper. They are very strange and made no sense to me. The pieces appear to be of lines and dots and are difficult to pick up. Even when you manage to pick them up, it is not possible to see where they go - they don't seem to fit together. On skipping, pictures appear, if you can call them that, that bear no resemblance to anything at all, and the pieces remain unattached. Very weird.

It is a long 5 hr game and very comprehensive and I thought it very good, for the type of thing it is, apart from the above puzzles.

On the whole, I give it a 7/10.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on May 14, 12 9:29 AM
I liked the graphics of this and actually probably would have bought it except for the awkward play. I had one heck of a time moving the luggage away from the closet in the first scene because no matter where I put it, it went back to the original position. After moving each piece with the hint button (note-they ended up in places I had already tried) I finally got to the closet. I believe I did one or two hidden object scenes which I liked until I got to the one with the tools. I had no clue where to put them. They didn't go into my inventory. They didn't disappear. They went back to their original spots no matter what I tried to do with them. After about 5 minutes of that frustration I went to the main menu - control panel - delete game.

mrssharon
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Terrible Game

[Post New]by mrssharon on May 14, 12 10:55 AM
Absolutely no pizzazz here. Way too much dialog that doesn't really help the story line. Scenes ares so dark it's hard to see where to put/get things.

I tried one of the puzzles and after clicking on valves randomly, the puzzle was solved.

Clicking on items that need to be moved (photo puzzle, for example) was difficult. They seemed to be set in permanently, then next time I clicked on a piece, it moved. Also, don't know if it's a tech issue, but the pieces of the photograph had no picture on them, just random lines and nothing that made sense. Once I skipped the puzzle, a photo appeared.

This game is a no-brainer for me. And a no purchase.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on May 14, 12 11:24 AM
hydrogibbon wrote:I liked the graphics of this and actually probably would have bought it except for the awkward play. I had one heck of a time moving the luggage away from the closet in the first scene because no matter where I put it, it went back to the original position. After moving each piece with the hint button (note-they ended up in places I had already tried) I finally got to the closet. I believe I did one or two hidden object scenes which I liked until I got to the one with the tools. I had no clue where to put them. They didn't go into my inventory. They didn't disappear. They went back to their original spots no matter what I tried to do with them. After about 5 minutes of that frustration I went to the main menu - control panel - delete game.

The tools had to be hung in their proper places on the pegboard on
the wall. Frustrated me at first, but then I noticed the faint outline
of the saw and was ok from there.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 14, 12 12:52 PM
Personally, I feel that this game is geared more toward the beginner than anyone else. The graphics and game play are nice, music okay, HOGs and game are extremely easy. No challenge, no sale. Maybe tomorrow. Thanks for the reviews.

Go to: