[Post New]by cleoladycat on May 15, 12 12:07 AM
Any comments fishes?

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

Re:Todays DD May 15 2012

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on May 15, 12 12:17 AM
I only lasted 8 minutes... finished one H0 scene and when the second opened up I just couldn't face another one. Sooo boring, the items are way too small, and there's a misclick penalty. No thanks.

For someone who just wants an easy peasy straight hog AND has great eyesite then maybe they'll like this game... otherwise... it's a pass.

PS: On the plus side it filled my widescreen... now if a dev could do that back in 2009 what is the excuse for devs not doing it today? Hmmm

jynxy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jynxy on May 15, 12 12:58 AM
I made the mistake of buying this years ago and totally regretted it...it is on my list of worst games ever...dull and tedious and seemingly going on forever...just one HO scene after another...I made it to the end but wished I hadn't wasted my time. It was certainly a relief when it ended.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on May 15, 12 4:10 AM
having problems.....getting an access violation, any help please

it says...access violation 0x0251D896

Edited on 05/15/2012 at 4:28:12 AM PST

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on May 15, 12 5:16 AM
This game is not for me. Way too many H0 scenes and they are not "sharp". I found myself clicking the hint because I just got tired of looking. A rhino in the woods? An upside-down fox in a tree? Some of the items were hardly discernible and I would click where I thought something might be. Puzzles - easy. Too much dialog but clickable.

SherrieS
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by SherrieS on May 15, 12 6:10 AM
gamergirl675 wrote:I only lasted 8 minutes... finished one H0 scene and when the second opened up I just couldn't face another one. Sooo boring, the items are way too small, and there's a misclick penalty. No thanks.

For someone who just wants an easy peasy straight hog AND has great eyesite then maybe they'll like this game... otherwise... it's a pass.

PS: On the plus side it filled my widescreen... now if a dev could do that back in 2009 what is the excuse for devs not doing it today? Hmmm

DITTO

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on May 15, 12 7:42 AM
Tried the demo on both of the option choices:
Direct X and I can't remember the name of
the other one, hoping for better graphics, but
not good on either one. Items were way too
small for me. After using 5 hints in the first
HO, just gave up.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on May 15, 12 9:19 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just wanted to swim in here real quick to give 88blyth some info about the access violation error message.

This kind of error usually comes up because another program on the computer is interfering with the game running properly. The help article herehas some things you can try to sort everything out.

If you try those steps and are still running into trouble, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support. You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgMonongahela

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on May 15, 12 1:47 PM
Well I purchased this game in April 2010...was quite interested to see if it followed along the Pochontas travels as was doing a 'research paper' on this native american...well NOT! ...its a game of boring H0 and way too much 'chatting' and need of 20/20 vision, and a hint penalty, etc etc etc! ...of course its now in my 'history' account file..why? ...I purchased my most 'cherished' game..... Gardenscapes .... and never opening little Pocahontas and her travels again!

... Lets

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by Freka on May 16, 12 4:41 AM
I demoed through two piles. It bothered me to see the Eiffel Tower and the Statue of Liberty in those piles! I have to admit, I was able to find most of the objects without hints. However, I hate when they have two cardboard cutouts "talk" to one another.

No technical problems.

Just, at one point, I said "Do I need another hidden object game so much that I have to have this one?" No.

(It doesn't hurt that I bought 49 game credits over the weekend -- If I change my mind on Pocahontas, it will only be an extra fifty cents!)

chiari_survivor
Catfish
Catfish
1,506 Posts

[Post New]by chiari_survivor on May 21, 12 10:26 PM
While I appreciate the fact that this game was put together by a 2 person team and they went to great effort to listen to our complaints and quickly supplied BFG a new version correcting many, of the problems, I cringed when I read a review thread stating that the person liked the historical facts. I played the demo hour and the game seemed to be implying a romantic relationship between Capt John Smith and Pocahontas. Even the games description mentions it's historical aspect. Pocahontas was about 12 years old when she met and supposedly saved John Smith's life. Many historian's even question that aspect of his story as he makes the same claim about another young girl. So I am left wondering which parts are true and what part seems to be taken from a popular cartoon video for children? A quick Wikipedia search will give you some basics of Pocahontas's life if anyone is interested.

As others mention, the choice of items placed in Hidden Object scenes often were shocking or just plain confusing. One scene contained a camel, a rhino, a Grim Reaper ghost and Michaelangelo's naked statue "David" all in a forested river scene in North America???

If you enjoyed the game, I am glad, just DO NOT think you are learning any historical facts while doing so.

Go to: