bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Island Defense technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 15, 12 12:36 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

FishinFem
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Re:Post any Island Defense technical issues here only

[Post New]by FishinFem on May 15, 12 7:39 PM
would love to try this game out but i've wasted 5 min just trying to get the game to run... it installed fine but when i try to play it screen goes black and nothing happens... all my apps are upto date (direct x, java, flash, etc...) so don't know what the problem can be... sigh

[Post New]by kelbeans on May 16, 12 2:58 AM
I had the same problem, game just flicked back on to Game Manager whenever I tried to start it! Won't be buying this one then!!

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on May 16, 12 6:43 AM
I've been playing the game and enjoy it for the most part, but the problem I'm finding is that the screen flickers. Once you've shot down a ship, the screen will flicker in that space for a long while. The same with the spaces where the crates are dropped in the water. And if you place a spell on any of the towers, that makes everything moving on the screen flicker brightly to the point it can be difficult to see.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on May 16, 12 9:25 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear you're having some display issues with this game!

We have some first steps you can try to troubleshoot this problem in the help article below:

But if you try those suggestions and the issue isn't resolved, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support. You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by jodavis69 on May 16, 12 10:36 AM
have tried all the solutions and all my software is uptodate but this game crashes every time you put your name in and press accept no matter what level you have selected to play. glad I tried before I bought.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on May 16, 12 12:02 PM
Hi jodavis69,

I'm sorry your game was still crashing even after trying all that. I'll definitely pass the feedback along. In the meantime, if you'd like to try any more troubleshooting - when this happens, I've found that also running the game as administrator can help as well:

Run Game as Administrator (If you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to do this).

If you try that and the game is still giving you trouble, you're also welcome to get in contact with our Customer Support team and one of our reps would be happy to help as well.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

[Post New]by coffeekid831 on May 17, 12 12:15 PM
just tried the trial version, completed the first castle without a problem. On the second castle, I can put my cursor over the towers and I get the descriptions, but I cannot click on any of the towers to place them. cannot click on store or start the battle.

Interesting game, but not sure what to do.
thanks for any help you can give me.
GL

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 17, 12 1:53 PM
Hi coffeekid831,

Sometimes problems with Adobe Flash can cause items to not interact with your cursor. I would recommend trying to update Flash to see if that may help. Here's a help article that includes information on how to update Flash:

In that help article, you'll find that information in the section labeled "Reinstall Adobe Flash and Shockwave". If that isn't helping, please contact our Tech Support team and they'll be happy to look into that for you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by l3roken on May 18, 12 12:53 AM
I've gone through everything on the game crashing, freezing, black screen help page and still all I get is the black screen and all my minutes to try the game being eaten away. I was looking forward to finally having a tower defense game, it's a shame that it won't work.

[Post New]by varga304 on May 18, 12 8:05 AM
This is not a good game. Freezing when you nearly finish a level. I purchased it and it is one of my worst buy. That company is on my black list. I am scrapping it.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 23, 12 11:44 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that you're continuing to experience some crashing and freezing issues. I would definitely recommend contacting our Tech Support team regarding that. I also recommend running a Dr. Felix Report so that our Tech Support team can get a closer look at your configurations to provide the best possible help.

Hopefully they can get you back to gaming quickly!

bfgSeine

Edited on 05/23/2012 at 11:47:42 AM PST

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on May 25, 12 9:55 PM
Running Windows XP fully updated ( did check at Microsoft site)

Have played Island Defense fully. Today went back to play and said Please reinstall Direct X. and gave an Access Violation.
Looked for information on line and got lost when some advice said needed to reinstall Windows -- not for me.
Uninstalled Island Defense and then reinstalled (along with it , it checked, and installed Direct X)

Still no go . Same message and also the Access Violation
at 0x00486730 tried to read from 0x .....

Only real changes to system have been the Updates to Windows (including the repeating update) . Have also installed and played
My Farm Life 2
New Yankee in King Arthurs Court,
Floating Kingdoms,
Create a Mall
so wondering if one of those games may be causing a conflict.
Oh and a Beta Test of
Order of the Rose

Edited on 05/25/2012 at 9:56:50 PM PST

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on May 26, 12 4:35 AM
Well after a bit of operations found another game would not run on the current resolution and noticed that my video card interface icon was absent. Reinstalled that and the video drivers and Island Defense now working again. Seems that viel drivers may have been corrupted . Diagnosis of Direct X showed no problems.

[Post New]by kittykatzz on May 27, 12 7:43 AM
I am noticing a problem with MANY BF games, THEY ARE NOT LEFT HANDED FRIENDLY! Most of my older games and some new ones work fine, but this weekend I have tried many new ones, including this one. All of my mouse drivers are left handed, but the game will only play right handed. I am getting very discouraged and am ready to give up on any new games.

[Post New]by Teya74 on Aug 29, 12 11:29 AM
I have had this game for a while now and have been able to play it just fine. Then all of a sudden I go to play and I get to the main screen and click on play it takes me to bigfish games saying thanks for playing. Wont let me play it anymore. I have even tried creating a new player and once I select the diffuculty level it takes me right back to the Thanks for playing. I have tried to reinstall but still doesnt work. Any ideas what this could be? Like I said I have been playing this game just fine since it came out.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 29, 12 11:38 AM
Hi Teya74,

If the game was playing previously, you might try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. You can also enure that all drivers and software programs are updated, which can sometimes cause that error as well. I've put links to our help articles below that cover how to reinstall the game and update programs if you'd like to take a look:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If the recommendations in that help article aren't working, please let our Tech Support team know and they'll be happy to help.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

Edited on 08/29/2012 at 11:38:31 AM PST

Go to: