emi1y
Clownfish
Clownfish
519 Posts

Tips for Blard?

[Post New]by emi1y on May 15, 12 8:57 PM
Any one have tips for Blard? That's a really hard one. I just don't get it. There are too many routes around and I cant finish it. I get to about half and I get obliterated every time.

Re:Tips for Blard?

[Post New]by mzchaos on May 16, 12 2:10 PM
I know that you probably thought someone had beaten the fourth island and had answered your post to tell you how to go about doing it.

Sorry... that player is not me. However... I will sympathize with you.

I have just spent the better part of an afternoon trying to beat just that one island. I have tried towers in all different sorts of combinations... in all different sorts of groupings and placements... on various parts of one or all of those bitty islands... and I can't figure it out.

What the heck are those gold ships made out of??? Nothing is a good offense OR defense for those things.

Don't know about you... but I'm thinking of giving up. I hate quitting a game in the middle but I know when the battle has become futile. This is one time where the trial didn't give a clue as to how the game really is. I'm pretty sorry I bought this one.

emi1y
Clownfish
Clownfish
519 Posts

[Post New]by emi1y on May 16, 12 6:44 PM
I finally figured it out, and just beat Blard.

I almost quit too yesterday, I was so frustrated I couldn't figure it out. The problem I think is there are no help files and the info on the tower isn't very obvious when you look at it.

What I figured out was that spreading the towers around isn't a very good idea. The best method is to group 2 or 3 together in a common spot so that as the ships come by they get blasted back to hades where they came from. I like to group the 1st tower and the 2nd tower together since one hits faster and wider range and the other hits harder. Seems to be a good combo.

The first tower does the most damage. The more you upgrade it the more damage it does, the wider the range and the more defense it has. Also the store resources are great, healing the towers or increasing the group damage they do makes a difference. The mines are a great resource as well. The mines were a huge help to finishing Blard.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on May 17, 12 5:22 AM
The mines are very good and you can build up an extensive minefiels in the earlier attacks before the attacks get strong enough to penetrate to the citadel. Upgraded towers are a must as well as heal spells . I also found it helpful to buy a lot of luck and a number of balloons.

If you cannot protect or heal a tower in time it is better to sell it off before it dies and your overall loss is not as much. (First level Durandal costs 12 , 15 to upgrade - which heals as well-, and sells for 9 gold . So selling an almost depleted tower in one location and building in another only cost an extra 3 gold to have a healed tower in the same or a new location.

Blaard can become one of the easiest ones to conquer. There is a natural bottleneck in front of the citadel. Mine that area well over the course of the game. I managed this using only Durandal towers. One each side of the opening and upgraded to the max. Also another 4 across the way to create a corridor of firepower. This is also a good level to get the Sky Avenger award (10 ships destroyed by meteor shower). Use the freeze spell to slow down a first lot of ships so a second wave brings the number to at least 10 and then hit them.

Edited on 05/17/2012 at 4:24:58 PM PST

Go to: