Trojaan virus

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 17, 12 12:33 AM
TGT today I get a warning for Trojaans virus. Are there more people with this problem?

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

Re:Trojaan virus

[Post New]by govols2 on May 17, 12 12:38 AM
I got it to dobbie . I disabled it and was able to download but if AVG is enabled it won't play. I am going to run an update on AVG to see if that helps. Never had a problem before. I posted in the tech forum to . Maybe help will come along. Probably with post in the tech thread for the game to.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

Trojaan virus

[Post New]by elldee2728 on May 17, 12 12:46 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:TGT today I get a warning for Trojaans virus. Are there more people with this problem?

I D/L'd this a week ago from the developer's site--Norton AV disabled and deleted an important file. Something's wrong--I've played another game from this developer with no problems.

BFG promises no viruses, no malware, yet this game (from a very reputable developer) might have one of those. I'm D/L'ing now, so I'll let you know how things turn out.

Regards, elldee

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on May 17, 12 12:54 AM
Hey Dobbie--My D/L worked fine, the game installed smoothly, and I've played quite a few minutes with no problems. I wish you good luck .

Regards, elldee

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 17, 12 1:15 AM
govols2 wrote:I got it to dobbie . I disabled it and was able to download but if AVG is enabled it won't play. I am going to run an update on AVG to see if that helps. Never had a problem before. I posted in the tech forum to . Maybe help will come along. Probably with post in the tech thread for the game to.

I don't think that will help at all Gov because my AVG had just updated immediately before I downloaded the game.

Apart from this I do get incredibly fed up with all the downloadtestfiles for every single game I try or buy taking up space on my computer in the Virus Vault because they are not complete files and thus are perceived as a threat. For Pond information purposes they are bits of files that BFG download to make sure the connection is good before proceeding to download the game.

I think it is way past time that BFG added some more programming to all these Corrupted Executable Files to make them no longer seen as a threat by AV programmes.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Trojaan virus

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 17, 12 1:18 AM
elldee2728 wrote:
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:TGT today I get a warning for Trojaans virus. Are there more people with this problem?

I D/L'd this a week ago from the developer's site-- NortonAV disabled and deleted an important file. Something's wrong--I've played another game from this developer with no problems.

BFG promises no viruses, no malware, yet this game (from a very reputable developer) might have one of those. I'm D/L'ing now, so I'll let you know how things turn out.

Regards, elldee

Which just shows that there is something wrong with the game itself and this is not just a problem with AVG.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 17, 12 1:28 AM
Hi everyone,

We're currently looking at this issue and as it's specifically related to Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart, I'm going ahead and move this thread over to that game's Forum.

I want to stress out that you haven't received a virus from this game, but I can completely understand this can be worrisome.

Because we'd like to keep all the reports on the technical issues in one thread, I'm going ahead and lock this one. Please post in Post any Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart technical issues here only if you hadn't already.

Those of you experiencing this issue, please also write to our Tech Support team, together with a Dr. Felix report if you hadn't already, so we have more information ready for a fix.

Thank you for bearing with us!

bfgRhone

Go to: