bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

NEW version available for PC! May 17, 2012

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 17, 12 3:34 AM
Hi fishies,

Great news! We now have a new PC version of Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition that fixes the following:

• Motel Office: Desk Safe Puzzle's solution in the strategy guide should now be correct.
• Mansion: Water pipes puzzle should now complete no matter what solution is given.
• Mansion: The progression block popping up when collecting the Magic Button before the Hot Pan has been resolved
• Basement: Clicking an area that produces black bar text as the professor's dialogue begins no longer causes a soft lock.
• Failing to collect the matches before using the latch to enter the basement will no longer block your progress.
• Magic Button Puzzle: Pieces will be can now pass through open gates if you previously attempted to move them through a closed gate.
• Projector: All film reels were named "Reel 2" when placed on the projector, this has now been corrected.

We apologize greatly for the trouble. If the update isn’t showing for you in your Game Manager, just follow these steps:

1. Open up your Game Manager
2. Click on Options in the upper right corner
3. Hit the Games & Downloads tab.
4. Under Game Updates, tick the option Manually
5. Make sure to Check for Updates afterwards

The Game Manager should then show you any available updates that haven’t been applied yet. Looking for more information? Please check the below help article.

Game Updates in the Game Manager

You can also get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's the link to a help article with more information on how to do this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you haven't purchased the game yet, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If your game is still giving you problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

cucumber89
Salmon
Salmon
2,807 Posts

Re:NEW version available for PC! May 17, 2012

[Post New]by cucumber89 on May 17, 12 10:20 AM
When I check manually for updates, it says all my games are up to date. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Boopers12
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Boopers12 on May 17, 12 3:10 PM
I have the same outcome. No updates available. I have uninstalled through my game manager and also my control panel...didn't matter..

harr2
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by harr2 on May 17, 12 5:35 PM
I don't get any update either even though it says there is one nothing shows up. I uninstalled and reinstalled and I still have the hot pan and no where to cool it off.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on May 17, 12 9:07 PM
Same here, no update no matter I try 'manual' or 'automatic'.
What's up with that?

[Post New]by Shelleybear59 on May 18, 12 7:06 AM
No update here either. Looking forward to a fix so I can continue my play. Thank you BF.

[Post New]by sphinxvictorian on May 18, 12 4:14 PM
Hi:

Also no update, and the bathroom pipe puzzle is stuck for me. I already tried deleting and reinstalling. I am sad.

Thanks.

magfan
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by magfan on May 18, 12 9:16 PM
I think I have the updated version because the film reels all had different numbers. But the pipe puzzle still isn't working. I tried assembling it as shown in the strategy guide and it still wouldn't take.

leslieboyd
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by leslieboyd on May 19, 12 7:14 AM
I also had no updates. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Even redid the pipes exactly like strategy guide. nothing

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 19, 12 9:26 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear some of you are still experiencing trouble with the water pipes puzzle. If you've installed the latest update and you're still running into problems, I recommend starting the game with a brand new player profile to ensure that no leftover data is blocking that scene from updating.

If starting with a new player profile isn't helping, please contact our Customer Support team and they'll be happy to assist you.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by linsgames on May 19, 12 12:20 PM
Not pleased. I,ve got the hot pan with no way to cool it, and have tried updating game as stated but no good and now i,ve got to start it all again.

[Post New]by Shelleybear59 on May 20, 12 5:28 AM
bfgSeine wrote:Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear some of you are still experiencing trouble with the water pipes puzzle. If you've installed the latest update and you're still running into problems, I recommend starting the game with a brand new player profile to ensure that no leftover data is blocking that scene from updating.

If starting with a new player profile isn't helping, please contact our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Customer Support</a> team and they'll be happy to assist you.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

Not keen on starting all over but will try that as the game is awesome. Thank you BF.

[Post New]by caserret2011 on May 20, 12 12:22 PM
I purchased this game after the new version was available and as most have reported the problem with the water pipes still persists. I can't see how changing players will solve the issue. I love this game (wish there were more like them) and would love to complete it so your help would be greatly appreciated.

harr2
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by harr2 on May 22, 12 7:55 AM
I note that you responded to the water pipe message saying that if the update did not work, they may need to start again but are completely ignoring those of us with the "hot pan" issue. I assume that means that the only solution for us is to start the game completely from the beginning again even though we are almost finished. Not a good solution Big Fish, but seems to be you answer to almost every problem.

[Post New]by Shelleybear59 on May 22, 12 1:48 PM
Shelleybear59 wrote:
bfgSeine wrote:Hi Fishies,

If starting with a new player profile isn't helping, please contact our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Customer Support</a> team and they'll be happy to assist you.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

Not keen on starting all over but will try that as the game is awesome. Thank you BF.

It worked and I was able to finish the game & the Bonus Play too. Thank you BF for helping with this. Love this game!!!!

[Post New]by Hogdragon33 on May 30, 12 4:32 PM
I had to have downloaded the new version because I just recently bought the Collectors Edition, so it should have none of the bugs mentioned.

I didn't exactly "pick up" the medal from the frying pan, but something kind of flew through the air and into the box. It was the medal. So that was okay. I would have hated to start all over like some people did.

On the negative side....the pipe puzzle....grrr. The only way I could get it to take was to skip it and it was to easy, but I tried and I tried and I tried. Triple made sure that it was done exactly the way as the SG, even. I did not read this forum until just now and have only one good things to say about that stupid puzzle. At Least I'm Not TOTALLY off my rocker and missing half my deck to boot. Glad to know it's not a brain glitch.

Hope it does get fixed because I want to play it again. Will check from time to time. Thanks for pointing these things out. I'm glad I came in and read this.

GoodOldDad
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by GoodOldDad on Jun 10, 12 12:50 PM
I am playing the CE which I downloaded on June 7, so I assume it is the very latest version. The pipes puzzle is still broken. I've solved it to look exactly like the picture in the strategy guide but no joy. It's hard to understand how Big Fish and/or the developer could allow this bug to persist so long!

[Post New]by undrgrndgirl on Jun 14, 12 12:41 PM
not helpful. bought the game after the "fixed" release.
stuck on pipe game and DO NOT want to play the darn game over again!
seriously bf, just because you are currently the best causal game developer and distributor around, is no reason to publish stuff with glitches then tell us to "reinstall" or "start over". even us "hard core" types are growing weary of these mistakes and poor customer service.

if it isn't ready for prime time - don't release it!!

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Jun 24, 12 4:39 PM
Just thought I'd let everyone know, the pipe game is still broke.........I have just finished playing and had to reinstall then skip to carry on. The first time around I didn't even have a skip button to press. It just wasn't lighting up.
ERS is one of my favourite devs and I usually have no problems with them. I had the matches and all the other glitches were fine, just the pipes, It spoilt it for me.I didn't want to play the whole thing again, so skipped.
I only hope the devs read these comments and really check through the games next time.... all of the game...not just the beta bits.

Go to: