bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 17, 12 3:39 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 09/21/2012 at 3:35:54 PM PST

Re:Post any Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by KatrienGo on May 17, 12 4:00 AM
Hi ,
I bought the game and when I try to instal it , I'm getting an error code 830400,
apparantly a Trojan virus is attached and my virus scanner doesn't allow a further installation , the virus scanner destroys the virus but the every time I try to install the game , the virus is back.
Do you know what I can do ???

Tx
Katrien

Re:Post any Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by four80fan on May 17, 12 5:47 AM
My virus scanner picked up a Trojan Horse and I had to abort the installation.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 17, 12 6:19 AM
i also received a virus alert, will be sending a dr. felix today - same response from nightmares from the deep...

wondering if this is becoming a trend - ???

[Post New]by driftervn1 on May 17, 12 7:08 AM
I also received a Tojan virus.....I want my credits back for the game. Not willing to mess up my p.c.

Torbjorg
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Torbjorg on May 17, 12 8:24 AM
Got a Trojan virus warning while downloading this game..So i'm not going to download or play this game!

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 17, 12 8:39 AM
Hi Fishies,

We've noticed AVG users are seeing Trojan notices when installing or playing this game.

We do extensively test all game files for viruses ahead of launch, to date no true representations of malware have been found in any of our games. What is being reported right now is most likely a false positive from AVG.

This means that AVG are flagging the file in error. We are trying to work with AVG to solve this issue as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience and understanding, I can tell you we're doing what we can to get this sorted as fast as possible, and get all of you back on track with this game.

For refunds, further assistance and concerns, please get in touch with our Tech Support.

bfgRhone

Edited on 05/17/2012 at 8:40:37 AM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 17, 12 4:53 PM
Hi Fishies,

I wanted to follow up with the post that Rhone made earlier. We now have a solution for the errors that AVG Antivirus users were seeing regarding Trojan notices. You can view information about this in our announcement here.

Thanks for your patience, and happy gaming!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by anerie on May 26, 12 5:04 AM
I got to Professor in basement? I cannot place metal rod on devise. Also, line of text are on top of one another and unreadable. Is this a new glitch? I don't see mention of it here. I've gotten this far and would like to finish.

[Post New]by Mimi05 on May 27, 12 1:10 PM
Having the same issues with professor in basement. Double text- cannot read the lines.

[Post New]by CeeJayThe1 on May 28, 12 8:39 PM
I finished the game and when I try to delete it, I get an error code, that the game cannot be deleted, since it's still running.

It isn't running anymore and I already couldn't delete the trial version either.

[Post New]by CeeJayThe1 on Jun 5, 12 8:58 PM
My problem is still there and almost two weeks after posting it for the first time I still got no answer!!

Is that what you consider customer service???

I would like to know what to do to handle Error Code 346.

Nana6177
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Nana6177 on Jun 11, 12 6:38 PM
CeeJayThe1 wrote:My problem is still there and almost two weeks after posting it for the first time I still got no answer!!

Is that what you consider customer service???

I would like to know what to do to handle Error Code 346.

BF does not normally read these forums for customers with problems...you need to click the green box to the right of this page THAN they will know you have an issue and the are excellant at either resolving or giving credit..

good luck

Edited on 06/11/2012 at 6:40:20 PM PST

muse13
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by muse13 on Aug 19, 12 10:22 AM
game shuts down when I click on bureau/mirror on 2nd floor of hotel. Can't proceed in game. MAC.

[Post New]by Svanhilds on Aug 19, 12 10:24 AM
I've got the same problem at the same place. And i dont get a errorcode either

[Post New]by smith54sandy on Aug 19, 12 2:23 PM
Having the same problem with the game shutting down when I click on the dresser. If anyone gets a solution please post.

[Post New]by gardeniaeater on Aug 19, 12 3:04 PM
the game also shuts down when i click on the dresser. i was really loving this game too and rarely have any issues with ERS games. :/

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Aug 19, 12 4:41 PM
Hi everyone,

If the game is just shutting down during game play, I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Service team. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look with you, and it will help us better track any issues.

In the meantime a couple of things to try would be to try the steps in this help article here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I've also found that sometime running a game in administrator mode can prevent it from crashing. More information on how to do that can be found here:

Run Game as Administrator

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

jazzluv
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by jazzluv on Aug 21, 12 3:07 AM
The game refuses to let me throw the explosive at the dog in front of the house. I can't go any further. Even the hint monitor says to throw it, but it keeps saying I'm not doing the right thing. Please help - I'm on on a Mac

[Post New]by gardeniaeater on Aug 22, 12 2:40 PM
the game shutting down when i clicked on the dresser was resolved, but now the same thing is happening when i click on the bathtub in the mansion.

Go to: