textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Comments for Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart CE

[Post New]by textrekkie on May 17, 12 5:05 AM
A place for your comments about the game.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

Re:Comments for Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart CE

[Post New]by nelliegemini on May 17, 12 5:31 AM
Well I would luuurve to be able to leave a comment, but I'm just sticking little pins into myself by reading all the reviews.

How come this is now the game I want most in the world?

Curse you AVG, your loving arms that have protected me from all the nasties out there are hugging a little too tight!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on May 17, 12 7:39 AM
I am hooked on the story, and played for 40 minutes without realizing that much time had gone by. Right now, I'm just deciding if I want the CE or wait for the SE. One thing I do NOT like at all. The fact that I can't just close the game because they have to throw in a bunch of ads first, and I had to CAD to get out. Not nice, developers. Not nice, Big Fish. One assumes that will not happen once the game is purchased. At least, I hope not. Frankly, it would make me ask for a refund. So, game is a but leaving it is definitely .

schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by schobey on May 17, 12 8:27 AM
I enjoyed this game. Took 7 hrs to finish. Thanks and Devs.

[Post New]by Fjorddaughter on May 17, 12 8:59 AM
jennsmom wrote:I am hooked on the story, and played for 40 minutes without realizing that much time had gone by. Right now, I'm just deciding if I want the CE or wait for the SE. One thing I do NOT like at all. The fact that I can't just close the game because they have to throw in a bunch of ads first, and I had to CAD to get out. Not nice, developers. Not nice, Big Fish. One assumes that will not happen once the game is purchased. At least, I hope not. Frankly, it would make me ask for a refund. So, game is a but leaving it is definitely .

I was enjoying the game and actually going to buy the game until it came time to close it. I needed to close my computer, and I needed to close it immediately. This little stunt at the end making it impossible to close out due to the ad has made me angry enough that I am going to have to cool down quite a while before I even revisit the thought of buying the game.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on May 17, 12 9:13 AM
The advertisement for the game only appears during the demo. Once you purchase, you can exit the game immediately.

DK

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on May 17, 12 9:38 AM
I too got the ad after leaving game first time but did not have to CAD to go back to the game manager. Everything worked just like normal. But enough of that. This is a fantastic game be ye for CE or be ye for SE. Exceptional voice overs, graphics, optional mahjong instead of hos. etc etc etc. I am not sorry one bit that I bought the CE. I do hope that fishies with the AVG issue get it straightened out as it would be a shame for so many to miss such a fine game.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 17, 12 11:54 AM

I'll probably buy Cursed Heart but maybe not as a CE....in the demo I felt like it could have been an episode of Scoobee Doo where they wake up a monster who does monster things and looks like cartoon monsters do (all that green lightning) so, I kept wondering
Scoobee Doo, where are you ?

[Post New]by Underthebridge on May 17, 12 1:03 PM
Just finished the demo. ..it was an allright game, I felt it steered more to guys than chicks but they need games too..lol ..the mother's voice sounded like the voice on Empress of the Deep 2 : Song of the Blue Whale, which is by a whole different Dev..I did like all the visual color and it was nice not having to find the same ole same ole horseshoe, weights, binocolurs..etc.. ..not sure if I am buying this one sort of on the fence with it....maybe if it comes down in price, or I will wait and buy with my GCC..thanks

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on May 17, 12 1:13 PM
nelliegemini wrote:Well I would luuurve to be able to leave a comment, but I'm just sticking little pins into myself by reading all the reviews.

How come this is now the game I want most in the world?

Curse you AVG, your loving arms that have protected me from all the nasties out there are hugging a little too tight!

Ditto!! Love your comment!!

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on May 17, 12 5:00 PM
I use Avast and have no problems but... can someone tell me if the promo when you leave the game is gone when you buy the game? It's very long and annoying. Sometimes I have to quit a game rather fast. I may buy the game but not if I have to sit through that commercial to get out of the game.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on May 17, 12 5:09 PM
Fjorddaughter wrote:
jennsmom wrote:I am hooked on the story, and played for 40 minutes without realizing that much time had gone by. Right now, I'm just deciding if I want the CE or wait for the SE. One thing I do NOT like at all. The fact that I can't just close the game because they have to throw in a bunch of ads first, and I had to CAD to get out. Not nice, developers. Not nice, Big Fish. One assumes that will not happen once the game is purchased. At least, I hope not. Frankly, it would make me ask for a refund. So, game is a but leaving it is definitely .

I was enjoying the game and actually going to buy the game until it came time to close it. I needed to close my computer, and I needed to close it immediately. This little stunt at the end making it impossible to close out due to the ad has made me angry enough that I am going to have to cool down quite a while before I even revisit the thought of buying the game.

I agree, a bit annoying... we are forced to be captive audiences to a trailer, lol.

carnick
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by carnick on May 17, 12 5:39 PM
what commercial? I just finished the demo and the game closed perfectly. I like this game I may buy it before the end of the month if I can find 3 other good games to fill up my punch card. Have a good day fishies.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on May 17, 12 5:54 PM
Read reviews/comments. Able to play demo with no viral problems or glitches at all. Checked for game credits. Bought the game and enjoying it tremendously. Thanks, BFG!!

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 17, 12 6:21 PM
thanks everyone for the reviews and comments. As it looks like there is no acheivements or things to collect, and a couple have said the bonus play is short, I will wait and try/buy the SE. But it's great to know that by all accounts it looks like it will be a very good game.

I have a backlog of unplayed games, so I don't have a problem of waiting.

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on May 17, 12 6:46 PM
hi fishies, well i jumped off the fence and bought it, have to say glad I did.I had a" oh what?? moment " at the start which i spoke of in another thread, but am really enjoying this one, thanks BF, so i would say go for it, its a lovely game, have fun

marykaren4
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by marykaren4 on May 17, 12 7:25 PM
My avast is not showing any problems. Didn't noticed the 1 hr I was with it. Very good game except that commercial , Will buy very soon. thanks DEVs & BF.

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by dakini on May 17, 12 11:31 PM
Hmmmm. I just don't know. I like it okay and the colors are good so... I'm not sure if it needs to be CE or if SE will do.

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on May 18, 12 12:58 AM
hi fishes just came up for air.hajust want to say a BIG BIG THANK YOU to bf for the very fast fix on this game. yes i know that iam shouting.hope it goes across the pond that wayall of you at bf &avg did a super job on this.we fishes get to playing the games& for get to say thank you when you get it right.now for the game it is well worth the waite as love miss lisa says fine swine &then some love the majong sp..for me play hog first then second game majong you get lots to do in this one you dont know whats next love it well have fun fishes if you dont see me for awhile i will be ona ship/island have a happy happy thankyuou dev &bf for this game keep them comeing one very happy clam

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on May 18, 12 10:50 AM
With the AVG fix, game still won't download for me, so I
tried it at the developer's site and no problems. Got
really lost in the beauty of the game and didn't realize
how long I had been playing. Got to demo the entire
first two chapters, and for slow-poke me, that took
well over two hours. WOW, that's a long demo.
Hadn't used the SG, but even after demo was over,
I was able to go into it and it showed all chapters,
including both bonus chapters.

Will have to have this game one way or another; might
wait and see if I can download the SE at BFG and will
buy that, but if not, will be buying off site for only the
second time in years.

Go to: