bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

AVG Antivirus Definition Update - Resolves Virus Message - May 17, 2012

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 17, 12 4:44 PM
Hi Fishies,

We now have a solution for anyone running into errors using AVG Antivirus that are notifying you of potentially harmful files in Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart Collector's Edition.

As always, our games are tested and 100% virus free, and these particular errors were caused by a false positive from AVG that was causing the antivirus program to recognize the game as a harmful file. In order to correct this issue, you can update your AVG Antivirus definition files to the latest version. This updated version of definitions should allow the game files to download and play normally.

By default, the AVG definition files should update automatically. If you have settings for AVG configured differently, please be sure to accept this latest definitions list update. If you have any problems getting AVG to update the definitions list, please contact AVG Support.

If you have any problems with the game installing or running after updating your definitions, please contact our Tech Support team.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and happy gaming!

bfgSeine

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:AVG Antivirus Definition Update - Resolves Virus Message - May 17, 2012

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 17, 12 5:16 PM
Thank you very much for the welcome news Seine .

My thanks to all people who helped to resolve this matter so quickly, I will go and redownload now .

Cherb

ETA ...

It won't download for me it just keeps saying "waiting to download" .

I hope the rest of you have more success and can enjoy the game.

Edited on 05/17/2012 at 5:51:38 PM PST

[Post New]by littlegamefisher on May 17, 12 6:13 PM
I'm having the same problem as cherbtoo. I updated AVG, uninstalled the program, and tried reinstalling but I've been "waiting to download" for over 5 minutes. No doubt, it won't happen. I guess I'll have to wait for the SE version to see if that works.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 17, 12 6:21 PM
littlegamefisher wrote:I'm having the same problem as cherbtoo. I updated AVG, uninstalled the program, and tried reinstalling but I've been "waiting to download" for over 5 minutes. No doubt, it won't happen. I guess I'll have to wait for the SE version to see if that works.

I see that there is now a new Technical problems thread so perhaps we had both better post there instead of here before we get 'moderated' .

[Post New]by littlegamefisher on May 17, 12 6:31 PM
Sorry for the second post but I found that if you click the installation file again, it will install. But then I get a "download failed" error. Dr. Felix and tech support, here I come.

azjmarie
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by azjmarie on May 17, 12 7:08 PM
So disappointed. I thought the AVG problem was fixed. But I am also having "waiting to download" going on. Updated AVG and followed fix directions with no luck.
Come on BFG - I'm excited to play this game.

antiquer
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,386 Posts

[Post New]by antiquer on May 17, 12 9:46 PM
Thank you very much for the fix. It worked for me.!!!!

suze14
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by suze14 on May 17, 12 10:34 PM
still happening to me when i download demo....shall just wait for the se

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 17, 12 11:19 PM
It's work now. I already DL the game yesterday.

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on May 17, 12 11:22 PM
cherbtoo wrote:Thank you very much for the welcome news Seine .

My thanks to all people who helped to resolve this matter so quickly, I will go and redownload now .

Cherb

ETA ...

It won't download for me it just keeps saying "waiting to download" .

I hope the rest of you have more success and can enjoy the game.

Having the same problem as you are, giving up and moving on, only so much I can take!

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on May 18, 12 1:16 AM
thanks bf you did agreat job also to the mmod who was up alllast nite/ early am you did super as well hope you got some sleep today have a great weekend you all desever it. from one very happy clam ps this is why i buy from bf when something goes wrong it gets fixed not all sites can say that we fishes know who is first in cs always

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 18, 12 1:38 AM
Hi everyone,

Those of you still having problems even after updating your AVG (this should happen automatically, but AVG should have an "Update" feature where you can request this manually), please use the thread Post any Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart technical issues here only.

Additionally, if you hadn't already, I'd like to ask you to also write in to Tech Support so they can look into this further.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

[Post New]by BayBeeBlu on May 18, 12 6:39 AM
Updated my AVG, now everything is working perfectly. Looks like it is going to be a great game. Thanks techs for the quick fix!

_candy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by _candy on May 18, 12 8:23 AM
I updated my AVG virus definitions and now I can't play the demo even when I turn off AVG temporarily. Program will not load at all.

teresa72
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by teresa72 on May 18, 12 1:18 PM
thankyou it worked one of the best games i have played on big fish games more like this please

LynneHS56
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by LynneHS56 on May 23, 12 9:08 AM
No it is not a solution - game just sits there 'waiting to download' - any more useful suggestions please?

LynneHS56
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by LynneHS56 on May 23, 12 9:08 AM
No it is not a solution - game just sits there 'waiting to download' - any more useful suggestions please?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on May 23, 12 10:03 AM
_candy and LynneHS56 -

Please get in touch with our Technical Support team so they can see why those problems are coming up for you even after the virus message resolution.

If you go to the post we've created here, you'll find details of how to contact them and send in the details of how the game is working with your computer. This will help them pinpoint what's going on and suggest troubleshooting steps for your specific system.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 05/23/2012 at 10:04:31 AM PST

Go to: