bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Post any Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 17, 12 5:01 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

You can also view our previous technical issues thread for Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart Collector's Edition by clicking here.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 05/17/2012 at 5:08:19 PM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Post any Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart technical issues here only

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 17, 12 6:33 PM
When I tried to update my AVG I was told that I was already up-to-date and so I tried to download the game but 45 minutes later I am still looking at the GM saying "Waiting to download". It is now 2:25 am and I am giving up for the night, hopefully things will be different in a few hours.

For information purposes, I wondered if the fact that the original version of the game is now sitting in my Virus Vault could be stopping the download but I see that Littlefishgamer is experiencing the same problem and she/he uninstalled hers so that can't be it . I have notified Tech Support by return email that I am now unable to download.

Tomorrow is another day and hope springs eternal as they say ... sorry Mods couldn't resist saying what I am thinking .

Re:Post any Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart technical issues here only

[Post New]by littlegamefisher on May 17, 12 6:37 PM
As cherbtoo notes, I'm having the same problem. I updated AVG, uninstalled the program, and tried reinstalling but I've been "waiting to download" for over 5 minutes. No doubt, it won't happen.

I then clicked on the installation file a second time and it went through the downloading process but then ended up with a "download failed" message. I'll put in a Dr. Felix upload to tech support but I'm not hopeful.

I guess I'll have to wait for the SE version to see if that works.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on May 17, 12 6:47 PM
Same problem here...just watching the little arrow go round and round saying waiting to download...sigh. Looks like another to tech support.

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on May 17, 12 6:48 PM
Oh dear,

Same thing happening to me. Downloads demo version, when done then suddenly says "download failed". Am trying it once more and then off to bed. I guess this game is just not to be for us with AVG. Will see what happens in the morning.

[Post New]by ticaheart on May 17, 12 7:11 PM
My issue is that I cannot hear any of the voices. I beta tested this game and loved it but had the same issue and reported it but never got back any feed back. As soon as it posted as a game I bought it hoping the voice over issue would be resolved, but, I still have the issue. Who should I contact about this.

Thank you

UPDATE, problem solved, changed my default sound to run this game and now I have the voice overs!

Edited on 05/17/2012 at 9:11:56 PM PST

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on May 17, 12 7:25 PM
I was able to install by turning off AVG temporarily for 15 minutes and install game.

[Post New]by carolprint1 on May 17, 12 8:11 PM
well i dl just fine but was only able to play for 15 min (tops) when i had to leave. came back & it says my trial has ended.....

not sure if i like the game or not but would like to finish up the trial before i make a decision

Edited on 05/17/2012 at 8:12:19 PM PST

mysticalla5
Stingray
Stingray
4,869 Posts

[Post New]by mysticalla5 on May 17, 12 8:34 PM
Hi all
I use AVG and I just downloaded this game and had no problem whatsoever.

I read a lot of people having problems and now am curious as to why.

I haven't played the game yet but did want to see (curiousity got the better of me)
Puzzled as to why it worked ok with my AVG and not others.

I read the game is great, saw Valdy's review which is helpful as I find her reviews always are. Thank you Valdy

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on May 17, 12 8:47 PM
mysticalla5 wrote:Hi all
I use AVG and I just downloaded this game and had no problem whatsoever.

I read a lot of people having problems and now am curious as to why.

I haven't played the game yet but did want to see (curiousity got the better of me)
Puzzled as to why it worked ok with my AVG and not others.

I read the game is great, saw Valdy's review which is helpful as I find her reviews always are. Thank you Valdy

really depended on the time you downloaded the game, if you didn't try to download last night when it came out and waited until this evening then the download should have went fine, those of us who tried when it came out were getting false positive virus readings with the newest version of avg and then have fixed the issue.

i was finally able to download and install ok just a few minutes ago, so i am off to play.

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on May 17, 12 9:33 PM
AVG - I updated the definitions, it said there are no updates. But the download of the game works just fine now, not even a trial expired.

I did have the original problems.

Edited on 05/17/2012 at 9:33:59 PM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on May 17, 12 10:08 PM
My AVG (says) it's up to date, but when I installed i got exactly the same problems - trial expired/trojan.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on May 17, 12 10:27 PM
AHA! My AVG said it was last updated at 5pm last night and it was up to date, but I pressed the 'update now' button anyway and there was a little more of an update. The game has now installed successfully! All a bit confusing. I thought 'you're all up to date' meant 'you're all up to date' but it didn't! Good luck to fellow fishies. I've not dared yet to start playing but the trial expired stuff has gone.

ETA - it's working fine!! Stunning game!! Enjoy!

Edited on 05/17/2012 at 11:07:22 PM PST

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on May 18, 12 12:03 AM
littlegamefisher wrote:As cherbtoo notes, I'm having the same problem. I updated AVG, uninstalled the program, and tried reinstalling but I've been "waiting to download" for over 5 minutes. No doubt, it won't happen.

I then clicked on the installation file a second time and it went through the downloading process but then ended up with a "download failed" message. I'll put in a Dr. Felix upload to tech support but I'm not hopeful.

I guess I'll have to wait for the SE version to see if that works.

Same problem here. I went into forum this morning and checked for an update of AVG problem. I then went to my AVG and checked for any new updates, there were 2. Updated then went to the game and tried to download. The download just sat there doing nothing '0B to 754.4MB'. Came out and tried again and got a really quick download of '0B to 13.1MB', and then got a grey instead of green bar with 'error downloading'. When I clicked on a small question mark I got 'oops Error Code 3'. I have tried redownloading and still getting the same results. I sent a Dr. Felix yesterday.

Angel369
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Angel369 on May 18, 12 12:37 AM
oh I'm going crazy, must be cos I've just become a lobster I'm getting the error code 3 too..I've updated avg, uninstalled Game manager then re-installed.logged off and then logged back on..and still nothing works
I really don't know what to do next..

Mart1n0940
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Mart1n0940 on May 18, 12 1:03 AM
I had the AVG problem yesterday with the false positive trojan alert but the AVG overnight update has fixed this

When I downloaded the game again just now, it stuck on "Waiting to download" for several minutes and didn't look like carrying on.

As I read in these threads, I clicked on the "fishy" installation file again and this caused the download to start up and it looked as though it was working. It went through "Validating Files" OK but as soon as it would have started the installation it came up with "Download Error" and cancelled itself

After uninstalling the game again, I did a Windows Explorer search on "Nightmare From The Deep" and this found a few more system files with the search text in the name that were still there after the uninstall - when I deleted them (carefully!) then the game downloaded normally (without the waiting to download problem) and runs OK now.

Angel369
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Angel369 on May 18, 12 1:17 AM
Mart1n0940..that sounds feasible but quite tricky an I'm not that great when things go wrong with my lap-top..is there an idiots guide( that will hold my hand each step of the way ) that you know of please?

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on May 18, 12 1:19 AM
First it wouldn't down load at all and then it whizzed through only to come up with down load failed and error code 3, which I could not find on the help page.

Please some body help and tell me what to do,

Linda

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 18, 12 1:55 AM
Hi Fishies,

Those of you that are seeing an error 3 when trying to download or install this game, please try running your Game Manager as administrator:

Game Not Saving. (Check the "Running Game Manager as administrator so that games can create save files" header.)

If you're still experiencing problems after updating AVG such as an expired download, you may also want to consider taking a look at the above steps.

Also, double check whether AVG still has our Game Manager files on their list of accepted programs:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Lastly, please do contact Tech Support for further assistance if these suggestions did not help.

bfgRhone

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 18, 12 2:29 AM
Well I had been trying for 2.1/2 hours this morning (during which I updated my AVG a further unnecessarily 4 times ) clicking on the download button and then uninstalling and then clicking on the download button again etc etc and then I actually had one get to the installation part only to have it come up with the Download Error so I came here to report and saw Mart1n's post and went to check my files.

I ran a "Clear third party software scan" and then had a look in the BFG section but couldn't see anything that looked as though it shouldn't be there and so I checked my Program Files and saw one with the name of the game on. I right clicked on that and selected delete and sent it to the recycle bin.

On going back to the GM I saw that I hadn't actually deleted my last attempt and it was still waiting to download when I tried to I got ...

Big Fish Games: Game Manager application has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the programme and notify you if a solution is available.

EEEEEEK what have I done .

It closed the GM and so I waited a couple of minutes and tried to open it again but as soon as it did I got the message again , it did this another couple of times but then I had a sudden thought and ran a 'Clear Third-Party Software Traces' scan and the next time the GM loaded normally . I then came to the site and clicked on download again while crossing my fins and holding my breath and the game started downloading albeit a lot slower than the failed attempt but, when it finished it actually activated and then installed and it is now sitting waiting for me to play but it has taken me so long to download that real life is now interferring and stopping me doing so but, if all the positive reviews are correct, all this effort will have been worth it.

Go to: