Floraws
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

Can I give up a tournament without penalty?

[Post New]by Floraws on May 18, 12 4:13 AM
Sometimes I have a good amount of money and don't want to go on playing. What if I give up the tournament?

chazzer47
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

Re:Can I give up a tournament without penalty?

[Post New]by chazzer47 on Jun 6, 12 6:26 PM
If you do this the game will state that you finished in such and such a place. You will not get to keep the money. If you don't finish "in the money" (top 3 to 5 places depending on size of tournament) you will lose whatever the buy in amount was. You can NEVER keep all the money you win anyhow. In each tournament, if you pass your cursor over on the right side of the screen where it shows you the rankings of the people in the tournament and how much money you all have, at the very bottom of that menu it will you show you how much money you win for placing 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. Sometimes it goes as far as 5th place where you still win a certain amount of money in the tournament depending on how large the tournament is, usually 32 plus players. If it says that 1st place wins $4000, that's all you can win, even if your actual final total is $10,000 or $15,000, etc. A rip off I know. I won a tournament after about 8 freeze ups with 80 players. I had over $115,000 when I won, but got to keep only $29,000 or $39,000 of it for first place. The additional $70,000 to $80,000 would have been nice.

chazzer47
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by chazzer47 on Jun 12, 12 1:49 PM
I should have stated this with my previous answer: you CAN give up in the CASH games where there are only 4 to 5 players. These are the games you enter by an ENCIRCLED dollar sign, not to be confused with the non-circled dollar signs, which signify banks, where you go for loans. Once you get a nice amount over what you started with click the LEAVE TABLE tab under "MENU". You will finish the hand that is being dealt and then leave the table and wind up back out in the street. You get to keep ALL the money you have won and don't need to eliminate all the other players to do so.

Edited on 06/12/2012 at 1:55:06 PM PST

Floraws
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Floraws on Jun 13, 12 11:40 AM
Gee, thank you, Chaz... that was helpful. I have already won the game, I am the Governor of Texas, hehehe... Gee, I hope you changed your mind, you know? This game is actually very well made up, I can say that after a tour of 977 days, hehehe... But I have learned a lot about poker and also I can say that yes, there is some rigging, but not so much. If it was so, nobody would win it, don't you agree? I cannot deny though that when you play in real life the method will be slightly different, but then... what can a computer game do against our brains? The fact is I enjoyed playing this game more than any other one. Good luck, and thanks again.

Go to: