popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

AGON - The London Scene group play, starting 19th May, all welcome to join!

[Post New]by popla27 on May 18, 12 10:05 PM
Welcome everyone to the group play of AGON - The London Scene. As with every group play, we are here to play and chat about the the game. We can share our successes and rant about our frustrations and everyone is welcome!

Large File games are great fun but can be difficult and at times very frustrating. At these times when playing alone it can be so very easy to just close the game, never to return to it, thinking perhaps these games aren't for you or are boring as you never get anywhere. This is where group play comes in! In a group play we all play our own game at our own pace and chat about the game. This is often in the form of an update on how you are progressing, venting your frustrations as you are stuck, asking for some help with something you are stuck with, offering hints to those who have requested it and just generally talking about your likes/dislikes of the game.

The first thing most people ask when they are joining a group play is "what are the rules?". Well we don't really have any rules as such, all we ask is that you make yourself known so we can all see who our fellow players are and to avoid open spoilers. We respectfully request that any and all spoilers are whited out as we like to make our discoveries at our own pace and try to puzzle through the tough bits without already knowing the answer!

Anyone is welcome to join in, whether you have played this before, are an experienced LFA gamer or completely new to the genre. Just pop in and say you are playing and your name will be added to the players list. If you have played it before and would like to offer assistance, let us know and I will add you to the helpers list too.

We are here to have fun and I hope that you all enjoy the game and the group play.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

Re:AGON - The London Scene group play, starting 19th May, all welcome to join!

[Post New]by popla27 on May 18, 12 10:06 PM
About this game.

This is a 360 movement game and as such there are different speed settings for the camera (slow/normal/fast). By default this is set to normal, if you would like to change the speed this can be found in the setings menu under the heading 'Panoramic Speed'.

The movement works a little different to some of the other 360 games. In this game you left click the mouse and then move the mouse around the screen to make the camera angle change. Whilst the left mouse button is not pressed, the screen is static. This may make it easier for those players (like myself) that are not too good with some of the 360 games out there.

There are 2 ways to save this game from within the game. To save the game click the menu button in the top right hand corner. Here you have the option to 'Save Game' or 'Exit to Main Menu'. Both of these options will save the game. The 'Save Game' option is a manual save as LFA games tend to have. The 'Exit to Main Menu' option will save the game as a normal HOG game would save, ie: the one save is overwritten everytime you exit.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on May 18, 12 10:07 PM
Players List
Aquatic - Finished
jboliver1999 - Finished
mariannequilts - Finished
Grandmamum - Finished
sunshinej - Finished
TideWaters - Finished
alvertis5706 - Finished
Catfish_girl - Finished
popla27 - Finished
Granny_Fish - Finished

Edited on 05/31/2012 at 9:46:19 AM PST

Aquatic
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Aquatic on May 19, 12 12:54 AM
Aquatic starting.

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on May 19, 12 1:39 AM
JB signing in . I'll be starting a little later after I catch up on some

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on May 19, 12 3:25 AM
Marianne signing in and playing.

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on May 19, 12 4:13 AM
Grandmamum here - although I won't be able to keep up with you - I will join you for as much time as possible today and tomorrow (in between the cooking and cleaning) Then will get back to it after they leave on 27th.

GMum xxx

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on May 19, 12 5:27 AM
I'll be playing too.

[Post New]by TideWaters on May 19, 12 7:13 AM
Just checking in and will be starting after little one down for nap. Tide

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on May 19, 12 7:58 AM
I'm downloaded and ready to play!

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 19, 12 8:27 AM
Checking in too, but probably won't start before tomorrow.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on May 19, 12 9:50 AM
Players list is now updated.
I won't be starting this game for a little while myself.

Hope everyone is having fun!

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 19, 12 1:32 PM
Not much activity here, is the game so easy or are you girls doing something else Guilty of not even started myself here But I will tomorrow

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on May 19, 12 1:50 PM
Hi CFG I played a little but then had something that was going on at a nearby living museum where I am a member and I just had to go get my free heirloom tomato plant. I'm on the wrong computer right now but will continue it later. I do know that it is a very short part of the complete game.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 19, 12 2:15 PM
@jboliver I actually had to look up what a heirloom tomatoplant was , it always amazes me how much trivia you learn in a forum About being at the wrong computer, soon that won't be a problem anymore. Cause Paul Thelen wants to go into cloud gaming Catch you tomorrow, right now I am turning in, this fishie needs sleep

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on May 19, 12 2:42 PM
Lucky you JB with your Heirloom Tomato plant......YUM.

Right now I'm at the *** key cabinet. ***

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on May 19, 12 2:43 PM
Hi CFG - certainly doesn't seem easy, but then every new game seems as though it will be impossible !!

Only played for about an hour and just ** read a load of books!! ** Took a while to get used to the controls, but have now gone out of the office and immediately got lost as most of the doors look the same. Wondered why there was no dialogue/ commentary and then realised that I had the sound down on my computer from last night.So will go back to that office tomorrow (if I can find it) and see if something was said that may give me more of a clue.

Hope your tomato does well JB - planted all my tomatoes on Friday - glad I did because now it is pouring with rain again.

GMum xxx

Aquatic
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Aquatic on May 19, 12 3:36 PM
I was planting my cherry tomatoes "Sweet Million"
Have to grab that Seattle sunshine when you can! Tomorrow it's gone.
I am up to the key cabinet, too.
Not much excitement yet, though it does startle me each time I see my (character's) reflection in a window.

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on May 19, 12 4:39 PM
Aquatic wrote:
Not much excitement yet, though it does startle me each time I see my (character's) reflection in a window.

I love that part of the graphics! I am up to the *key cabinet, * too. Grandmamum did you get any subtitles? If not, go to the options. The subtitles were automatic with mine. You can also change the music, speech and background noise volume.

The variety of tomato plant that I chose was Brandywine. I love jumbo tasty tomatoes slathered in mayo as a snack

Granny_Fish
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Granny_Fish on May 19, 12 9:59 PM
Reporting for game play! Haven't had much time to spend on Agon because I wanted to finish Dracula: Love kills first. Then I started Agon and explored the first location. popla27, Fraps works perfectly and I will have a much easier time reading text when I can enlarge it on a screen capture. My first impression of Agon is that it seems a bit strange - controls are a bit odd and I don't yet have a clue what to do other than blunder out and see what I can find. Now, however, sleep is a priotiry.

Go to: