pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

game club credit can not be applied with the coupon

[Post New]by pixielily on May 19, 12 2:57 AM
If I use the coupon it will not let me use my game credits (not the free coupons). It will only let me buy with money if I want to use the discount code.

I bought the credits to buy games.

Anyone else have this issue?

I also do not see where I can not use credits with a discount code, but can buy the CE, this makes no sense.

Edited on 05/19/2012 at 2:58:39 AM PST

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

Re:game club credit can not be applied with the coupon

[Post New]by bootsie21 on May 19, 12 3:47 AM
Hi pixielily, you can only use game club credits to buy CEs. When you click `buy now`(for a CE), 2 credits(if you have them) will be taken automatically from your account. You cannot use coupon codes.

If you look at the top bar in your account, it will tell you how many credits you have. By applying these credits you will still get the game at a discounted cost. If you only have 1 credit, you will need to buy another. Have I understood you correctly?

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on May 19, 12 3:54 AM
Hi again, I`m sorry, I do have it wrong. This is about the special offer today isn`t it? I would have thought in that case then that you can use 1 credit for this as it is $6.99, does this not work? if not, then the best thing to do is contact CS via the green envelope on the right of the forum, but as it is the weekend, not sure you will receive a reply until Monday. You could always contact `live chat` on Monday.

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on May 19, 12 4:05 AM
Thank you for your fast response. Yes, I thought I should be able to use my game club credits.

I think I will wait for live chat, because I really would like to get this game.

I wonder if anyone else is having this issue.

Cherry211
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Cherry211 on May 19, 12 4:35 AM
It's not just you Pixielilly, it's me too. I bought a bunch of game credits when they were half price only to find I cannot use one of them today. Seems a bit daft to me. Ho hum, do I wait until live chat is open or do I pay cash? Decisions, decisions.

Cherry

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on May 19, 12 4:50 AM
Yes, I agree, I want the game and I will be glad to hear if anyone else has this issue.
Hopefully BF will make right on it if we buy or "gasp" use 2 game credits.

[Post New]by gizmospooky on May 19, 12 4:51 AM
Since the sale price is today only I fear that if you do not buy it today you will not get the discounted price. If you really want the game I would suggest you buy today for case and send a message stating that you really wanted to use your purchased credits but could not. Then you could also try live chat on Monday to see if they will fix the problem.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 19, 12 6:06 AM
This is a cash sale, hence the discount.

Discounted coupon - not credit - new money.

Edited on 05/19/2012 at 6:11:15 AM PST

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on May 19, 12 6:51 AM
Well, I wish they would specify that it is a cash sale and that the game credits you buy are not considered the same as cash.

However, it makes no sense that I pay cash for credit that would cost the same as buying in cash.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 19, 12 7:15 AM
You're buying a discount coupon here, pixielily, the same as you would for a DD.

Edited on 05/19/2012 at 7:16:08 AM PST

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on May 19, 12 7:53 AM
I know it would be nice, but you don't really expect them to sell us a CE for $3.49, do you? And give us half the punches needed for a free game? Come on, now.

Cherry211
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Cherry211 on May 19, 12 8:32 AM
A game credit is a game credit surely, regardless of how much you paid for it.

Cherry

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 19, 12 9:19 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just to clarify, Game Club credits are designed to work on full priced games only, not discounted ones. If a game is discounted through a promotion such as the Daily Deal, Catch of the Week, a game sale, or if you use a discount coupon to lower the cost of a game (such as a 50% off coupon), then a Game Club credit will not be able to be applied to that same game. We do this to ensure that you get the full value of your purchased credits.

If you have any questions about purchasing a discounted game or using your Game Club credits, please feel free to get in touch with our Customer Support team.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

momo2006
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by momo2006 on May 19, 12 9:35 AM
I don't care if I do have to pay cash. This will fill my punchcard. A CE and a free game for 7 bucks? Heck yea!

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on May 19, 12 10:17 AM
I just saw this on BFG's Facebook:

Today only, you can get Maestro: Notes of Life Collector's Edition for just $6.99!

Coupon Code: MAESTRO

Hope it's okay to post this, after all, it did come from their FB page.....

Good Luck!

(LOL just saw where the coupon is on the game pg. as well. don't know why I didn't see it the 1st time!) Lol~

Edited on 05/19/2012 at 10:35:29 AM PST

Seascape6
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Seascape6 on May 19, 12 10:27 AM
With the recent deal of half-price credits, even using two of my credits to purchase the CE gives me the same discounted price in the end.

That being said, I'd rather take advantage of the deal presented and keep my credits for other CE games.

I'm off to buy this one!

Seascape6
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Seascape6 on May 19, 12 10:31 AM
Oh wow! It still counted as 3 punches on my punch card too, so I've already earned a free game credit with the game purchases I made so far this month.

I didn't expect that! I'm happy!!

Edited on 05/19/2012 at 10:31:35 AM PST

Seascape6
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Seascape6 on May 19, 12 11:40 AM
Woolster wrote:Can I purchase this game when I re-subscribe to the Game club, with my monthly charge?

The deal is cash only, so you can't use a game credit. You have to add the code "Maestro" when checking out and you will be charged 6.99.

See the post from BFG above, who explains it better than I can.

Seascape6
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Seascape6 on May 19, 12 11:40 AM
It's bfgSeine who posted the details by the way.

Edited on 05/19/2012 at 11:42:50 AM PST

CynthiaV
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by CynthiaV on May 19, 12 5:53 PM
I gladly paid cash for this deal...woo hoo. Very excited and can't wait to get back to the game. Thanks BFG!!

Go to: