thecaptain777
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Grishlat, anyone?

[Post New]by thecaptain777 on May 19, 12 9:25 PM
I don't see how any tower is better here than cheap old Durandel but I cannot get enough money to buy adequate tower defenses to cover everywhere. Those electrical towers don't seem to be worth the money.

emi1y
Clownfish
Clownfish
519 Posts

Re:Grishlat, anyone?

[Post New]by emi1y on May 20, 12 2:01 AM
Durandel is pretty much the best one, but that last tower you get is great for zapping multiple people at once and when its maxed, pair it with Durandel maxed and it blows the ships out of the water in one zap. the best method I think is finding a choke point as someone mentioned in one of the reviews. If you try to cover everywhere its just not gonna work. when I dont do well and waste money, i just restart the wave or even the whole level so I have more money to do upgrades. Best method I've found so far is two towers together at a choke point, upgraded. Also keep plenty of mines on hand, I like to have about 30 at all times.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on May 20, 12 8:05 AM
Yes keep lots of mines around. At the end of each attack cycle it tells you how many ships were destroyed. Try and keep abou the same number of mines available (as if you were only able to use th emines to destroy the ships) . At the lower levels one mine will destroy a ship , at the last levels and with some of the ships you need 2 mines for a destruction.
Find the choke points and having a stack of cheap Durandel towers makes it difficult for ships to pass. Also it is not so expensive if you are not careful an one or two get destroyed.

Try and place as many horizontally as you can and then you can use the group repair (costs 45 gold v single repair 15) That way applting it to more than 3 towers is a saving.

thecaptain777
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by thecaptain777 on May 20, 12 5:06 PM
Thanks, all that great advice got me through it! Actually in the end, all I needed was four or five fully updated Durandel towers close around the castle. I think I panicked in the beginning and thought I had to have towers at all the entrances.

Edited on 05/20/2012 at 7:05:42 PM PST

Go to: