TGT: The Broken Clues

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

TGT: The Broken Clues

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 1, 09 12:15 AM
The Broken Clues: Hidden Object. TIMER. And a pretty short one too. First scene and the time is 5 minutes, and by the way you lose 3 seconds for every misclick too.

So I just deleted the game without even finishing the first scene. The background music was annoying too, IMO.

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

Re:TGT: The Broken Clues

[Post New]by GeeBee on Feb 1, 09 12:18 AM
Bummer and I was hoping for a good HO game tonight.....

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Feb 1, 09 12:19 AM
Just downloading, pity I thought it might be good, we will see.

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Feb 1, 09 12:24 AM
Thanks for that Lord - just downloading it - yuk to timer - it looks a bit classic HO with spot the difference and not overly inspiring!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 1, 09 12:27 AM
If somebody else gives it a great review I might download it again and give it a shot. I'm currently REALLY grumpy about timers because I can't get past level 7-4 of Tibet Quest due to not enough time.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Feb 1, 09 12:33 AM
Congrats on the morph, Lord.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 1, 09 12:41 AM
Thanks Annie! It's the Bob Hope "ski nose" look!

Edited on 02/01/2009 at 12:41:29 AM PST

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Feb 1, 09 12:42 AM
Woot! You're an angel!!
Congrats!!

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Feb 1, 09 12:44 AM
I see we have a new among us.....

CONGRATULATIONS LORD

coco1953
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,580 Posts

[Post New]by coco1953 on Feb 1, 09 12:46 AM
Congrats Lord!!! I have downloaded but will wait till tomorrow to give it a try if there is a timer.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Feb 1, 09 12:53 AM
I will try the Demo. Two things put me off this game though. The description said, "Objects are uniquely hidden as ghost-like items". Is that a stopper or what? I have no desire to glue my nose to the screen looking for "ghost-like items". Also, I see that it has "Spot-the-Differences" and I absolutely dislike those. This game is not looking good for me.

I will try the Demo because it is a mystery and I love mysteries and it is an HO which I also enjoy. Am off to try it.

OK, I tried it. I could not even finish the first room and I tried it 3 times. The 5 min. Timer is one of the shortest in an HO. The items range in size from small to tiny. Some items are "ghost-like" and others are just too small to tell what they are. No Relaxed Mode and the 3 sec. penalty for wrong clicks are stoppers for me. I can't believe this thing got past QA. No credits either. I wanted to know who came up with this turkey. I wouldn't have put my name on it either Sorry but that is how I feel.

Edited on 02/01/2009 at 1:18:04 AM PST

blingykins
Shark
Shark
13,353 Posts

[Post New]by blingykins on Feb 1, 09 12:54 AM
Congrats Lord

I was hoping yet again for Farm Frenzy 3 ...*c'mon it;s over 3 weeks now *

*yes I know nothing to do with TGT .. except that's FF3 isn't it*

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Feb 1, 09 12:59 AM
This one took me all of 2 minutes to decide on, in the negative, and that was with reading the extremely awkward translation at the opening. First scene - 5 minute Timer - 3 seconds off *any* misclick? As catsholidayhome said above from the looks of the screen shots and the few seconds I spent in game this looks like nothing special beyond the use of very clear photos. No inventory or anything so straight up HO with mini-games (don't know if more than Spot the DIff, that's the screen shot) which is fine but not with that timer. Nope, thanks, 12+ active games on my desktop I actually *want* to play. I have nooo trouble sticking to my No Relaxed No Sale Boycott on this one.

So sorry fishies, no full 60 minute demo in depth Poodlereview for The Broken Clues, but initial impression is a

julie242
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by julie242 on Feb 1, 09 12:59 AM
I played 30 minutes of the demo of this - is there anyone out there who would buy it??? probably the worst HO game I've ever played

Skeets181
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Skeets181 on Feb 1, 09 1:00 AM
If you haven't got excellent eye-sight - Forget it! Played about 2 minutes and then deleted. Timer too short. Turned off the annoying music.

Still waiting for a good HO game to come. Haven't enjoyed any since RTR.

Skeets

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Feb 1, 09 1:01 AM

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Feb 1, 09 1:04 AM
I have to agree, this game sucked on ice. I wanted to like it but, I just can't. You can't see the items. And everytime you click on the wrong item it takes 3 seconds, off of you 5 whole minutes. It could have been a good game, but they blew it.

Fiobo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Fiobo on Feb 1, 09 1:06 AM
Who checks these games???? I think they should be replaced This is without doubt the worst HO game I've come across, and I've seen some stinkers

The translation alone is pitiful - for example, when you first click on the clue button, it tells you that you only get three clues per level, so makes worth of it. I'm not kidding

Then there's the total lack of time, the practically invisible hidden objects, the losing of 3 seconds when you get something wrong, which is very easy to do because of said invisibility of objects.

I gave this game ten minutes, and I'd like to know who I can sue to get those ten minutes back

[Post New]by cricket112 on Feb 1, 09 1:06 AM
Good morning all,

well i down loaded this HOG but i didn't every play it for 30 minutes i didn't like it at all the items were hard to find and u can't shut off the music....and there was a lot of lag also......going to delete it take care of u

Rush

Ynibor
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by Ynibor on Feb 1, 09 1:07 AM
All I can say is

Go to: