cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD May 21 2012

[Post New]by cleoladycat on May 21, 12 12:06 AM
Any comments fishes?
A delightful different game. Do give it a try, at this price its a steal.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

Re:Todays DD May 21 2012

[Post New]by gingergal on May 21, 12 12:20 AM
I agree it's a must have DD. My taste it's a must have game. It was short to me (not super short) but I've played games like this before. If you haven't it's quirky, different, cute, interesting and if you are like me will bring a big smile to a jaded player face.

Delightful game if you are looking for something different, new and most importantly very good.

Edited on 05/21/2012 at 12:21:40 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 21, 12 12:35 AM
Hi there,
I would also like to add my support to the previous posters in that this is a delicious game.
It does require persistance, concentration and intuition as it can raise one's frustration levels when there seems to be no "quick fix", but the answer is usually right under your nose (especially if you have your face "up close" to your monitor whilst looking for the very small elements you need). LOL
Very little "guidance" given, so you need your thinking caps on - but everything is solveable.
Besides, if you really have steam coming out of your ears, there is a forum here full of questions and answers to peruse as well as a walkthough (if you so choose to use it).
For those of you up to the challenge and prepared to not complete a game in world record time .............. this one's for you.
Enjoy.

sheaflyin
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheaflyin on May 21, 12 6:37 AM
Yes, this is a delightful, quirky game but, and it's a BIG but....there is not a skip button. I didn't think it was a problem until I ran into the arcade game. I could not, and believe me, I tried and tried to solve it but couldn't. I even had my son try, I even watched the video on Youtube! I use a laptop so maybe that's the problem...dunno. Anyhow, up to that point it was great but after that, not so much.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on May 21, 12 8:16 AM
I have owned this game for awhile now and highly recommend it. It gives the appearance of a game for kids but don't be put off by that. I found it to be quite challenging. The word "delightful" was used to describe this game in Sheaflyin's post and I can't think of a better descriptive word for it. It is truly delightfully unique, interesting and charming.

Over and over again I see posts in the forum saying fishies are tired of the "same ol', same ol'" and that they wish developers would come out with something bright and cheery instead of dark and gloomy. Well, if you are a fishie that has wished that, this might be just what you are looking for. Give the demo a try. And you can't beat the Daily Deal price.

Classicaljazz

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on May 21, 12 8:43 AM
For me, this is a must-have in my game collection. Gameplay is fun and unique, as is the storyline and the artwork.

This is not one of those games for people who like to rush through a game, hitting a skip button whenever they get stuck in a puzzle, because there are no skip buttons. If you want to complete this game, you're going to have to work for it and use your mind. The video game puzzle is a tricky one; it took me quite a while to get through it successfully (it can be done) mainly, I think, because I'm just so out of practice playing old-school arcade-style games. But including a puzzle like that, which no one does nowadays, was a refreshing change-of-pace, despite the frustration it causes.

Objects that you have to find are tiny and cunningly hidden, so don't expect the usual junkpiles. This simply just isn't the typical HOPA game. There's no hand-holding; you have to figure out what you are supposed to be doing and how to accomplish it. It's such a mix of the various HOPA elements that it's hard to do it justice with words.

At the Daily Deal price, it's a steal so I would definitely recommend getting it today, just to have it. There's no hard and fast rule that says you have to play a game from beginning to end in one sitting, but I'm guessing that once you start this game, you'll find that it's hard to stop playing.

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on May 21, 12 8:51 AM
This is a game where as soon as I finished, I wanted to go back and play it again.
For me, it was such a "feel good" experience. Also, since there was 'no skip' on the puzzles, I was forced to finish them...a first for me, since I tend to give up easily and go for the 'skip' button. I did the arcade puzzles with a laptop touchpad (my excuse for being slow), and I found that on them strategy was actually more important than speed. In order to be successful, study them and see what you need to do and where you need to go.

[Post New]by Trishfish on May 21, 12 4:05 PM
This is indeed a quirky game(to quote several others), and since I've owned it for so long, I have played it twice and been challenged anew. Although I consider myself intelligent enough to remember how to beat old style video games or find those teeny tiny odds and ends, I did have fun the second time!!! Enough said: It's a steal at the DD price! I think I'll go play it again, especially if there isn't a sequel or similar game out there. Anyone?

sheaflyin
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheaflyin on May 21, 12 5:29 PM
Well, I'm sticking to the "it's my laptop" story

IDPam
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by IDPam on May 22, 12 1:12 PM
I am sure glad that I took advantage of the DD price on this game. For me, it is a game to savor, particularly since I am a senior citizen and have been a BF gamer for only about 5 years. This works youir mind and there is no clock to fight. I haven't reached the arcade game yet, but hopefully I will be able to get through it. They are my very LEAST favorite. Age has not improved my hand/eye coordination and I did not grow up perfecting these skills as most of you have done. Now, if I could just get those pesky pipes attached in round two.

[Post New]by spiritlaughing on May 22, 12 1:18 PM
Love it! Quite different from the usual HOG. Glad I purchased it!

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on May 22, 12 1:21 PM
I think they should promote it more..one of my most favorites
I think it taught me on how to play with out the SG or a WT.
I love the game.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on May 22, 12 2:28 PM
The Tiny Bang Story - what story?

After all the hype this game has received over time, this game has left me feeling deflated.

A lot of players are shouting for a skip button. Personally, I am pleased there was no skip button as it really made me dig my heels in and complete the puzzles. I hate arcade games and would certainly have used the skip button on those which would have made this game a lot shorter than it already is.

Big disappointment.

Go to: