bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Whispered Stories: Sandman technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 21, 12 12:44 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

Time expired!

[Post New]by dianaluna on May 21, 12 1:30 AM
I just downloaded this game and the activation time seemed way too long. I saw that the game icon was already on my desktop, so I closed the activation screen and clicked on the icon. The game was listed as "time expired" though I hadn't played yet. Did I cause this by clicking on the icon too soon?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Whispered Stories: Sandman technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 21, 12 1:37 AM
Hi dianaluna,

Closing out the activation process may have resulted in the trial showing as expired.

I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game as this normally helps the trial to become accessible again.

Please allow the full download, installation and activation process to complete by itself and you should have no problem!

Hope this helps,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 05/21/2012 at 1:37:56 AM PST

[Post New]by Lisa178 on May 21, 12 1:48 AM

Edited on 05/21/2012 at 6:29:28 AM PST

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on May 21, 12 2:21 AM
why is this game taking SO long to ativate?

(R

mine too has said ...trial expired...and i did not touch anything....uninstalled and trying again

Edited on 05/21/2012 at 2:28:59 AM PST

[Post New]by spiritdog51 on May 21, 12 3:33 AM
I got booted out at the ship. I don't think it was the end of 60 minutes, but it still says I have 60 minutes. Clicked on play now and nothing happened. So I am not sure what is up. Not a normal kick off if it was the end of the time, black screen, loud hum/whirring noise too, a sick sound.

Closed GM, clicked on game icon, GM came back up and yep it was the end of my time. But what a crappy boot out of that game!

truddi
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by truddi on May 21, 12 4:38 AM
Loaded fine but was lagging badly between screen's.

After 15 minutes play I tried to close the game down and it just sat there with a blank

screen before crashing. Pity because up till then I really liked this game.

wjnank
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by wjnank on May 21, 12 6:01 AM
I like the looks of this game but it lags. I had to turn of the custom cursor but it is still slow. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on May 21, 12 6:19 AM
truddi wrote:Loaded fine but was lagging badly between screen's.

After 15 minutes play I tried to close the game down and it just sat there with a blank

screen before crashing. Pity because up till then I really liked this game.

same thing here..............I liked the game too.........perhaps there'll be a fix.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on May 21, 12 7:48 AM
Usually have no problems downloading games, but took
five tries before I finally got this one finially showing
60 minute trial. Will have to wait for this afternoon to play.

I just kept doing uninstall, reinstall, so keep trying, folks

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on May 21, 12 11:24 AM
Thanks Joyce

[Post New]by Jake1020 on May 21, 12 11:29 AM
The demo downloaded in fine shape. But when I started to play, the voice-over sounded like a record skipping. A few minutes into the game, the graphics started getting choppy. If the devs don't fix this one, it's one less game for me this month. And it really looked good...:-(

[Post New]by chicken_good on May 21, 12 11:53 AM
When I started the game in Sleepwalker mode, the inventory was gone. It was there in Dreamer mode, but nothing in sleepwalker mode. Makes it impossible to play, so that was a setback.

[Post New]by NancySusan on May 21, 12 1:51 PM
This game downloaded fine on my XP, but immediately after the first cutscreen with voiceover, the cursor was extremely slow as I created a profile, the game itself actually changed the cursor from custom to system without my choosing it, and after that the cursor was fine, but the game was really slow -- black screens when a new scene loaded or you zoomed into a scene and as someone else said, the music sounded like a stuck record. This happened enough times that I thought I was going to be kicked out, but although I wasn't (kicked out), I gave up on it after not that long because I couldn't do anything or go anywhere without a real lag and the choppy sound was really disconcerting. Uninstalled.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 21, 12 2:06 PM
chicken_good wrote:When I started the game in Sleepwalker mode, the inventory was gone. It was there in Dreamer mode, but nothing in sleepwalker mode. Makes it impossible to play, so that was a setback.

IMO they are two separate modes and therefore your inventory should not transfer over and I think you would have to start again from the beginning.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 21, 12 2:11 PM
I didn't have any voiceovers in the game apart from the 'end of sections' which wasn't a deal breaker but I had no sound at all for the safe puzzle where you are supposed to listen to the clicks even though my speakers and the game settings were on maximum ... so a huge thank you for the red, yellow and blue circle indicators of the correct numbers.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on May 21, 12 2:11 PM
Hi Fishies,

For those running into a lagging game or if it's booting you out, I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support team as this can help us better track any issues.

In the meantime, if you haven't tried yet, here are a couple of things that can help clear up these issues if you'd like to see if they'll help first:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

88blyth - if uninstalling and reinstalling the game doesn't work, I've found that uninstalling and reinstalling the Game Manager can help as well:

How do I uninstall and reinstall the Game Manager?

For those Fishies who have tried these steps and their game is still giving them trouble, I'd get in contact with our Customer Support team and one of our reps would be happy to take a closer look with you:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on May 21, 12 3:06 PM
Have installed this games 3 times and it always crashes and gives me an error reading. Too bad............it looked good with the little that I saw. And it was little. Have 59 minutes left.

ausbill
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by ausbill on May 21, 12 4:30 PM
same thing as nancysusan.game downloaded fine but curser wrong.
also it is very jerky like a tape thats getting old.it looks like a good
game but i think i will wait and see if its upgraded before i take the
chance of the game going belly up half way through. no-one can afford
to throw money down the drain these days.
happy gaming

grime
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by grime on May 21, 12 5:53 PM
yet again another se game that does not work properly. slow and jerky, binned it. ce games work beautifully, so its NOT my comp. getting that way i just dont want to dl games that are stand alone games. will keep my freebies for a se game that has come from a ce game. i give up.

Go to: