Walkthrough?

booger69
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Walkthrough?

[Post New]by booger69 on May 21, 12 2:09 AM
Will there be a walktrough for this game?

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Walkthrough?

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 21, 12 2:55 AM
booger69 wrote:Will there be a walktrough for this game?

Would you like some help Booger?

booger69
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

For cherbtoo...

[Post New]by booger69 on May 21, 12 3:39 AM
Yes, cherbtoo...I can't believe I am STUCK on trying to figure out HOW to get into the "garden" to wet that silly rag! I am usually pretty good at guessing, but I seem to be stumped! Here's a pre-Thank You if you can help!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

For cherbtoo...

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 21, 12 4:26 AM
booger69 wrote:Yes, cherbtoo...I can't believe I am STUCK on trying to figure out HOW to get into the "garden" to wet that silly rag! I am usually pretty good at guessing, but I seem to be stumped! Here's a pre-Thank You if you can help!

As Spiritdog says you need a screwdriver to unlock the panel on the garden gate and you will find it a few inches below where you got the rag.

In full detail ... highlight to read ...

On the top shelf is a bottle of acid which has a glass cover over it (the rag was on top of it).
On the left of the shelf is a hammer and on the right a bent screwdriver, use the hammer on the screwdriver to straighten it.

Enjoy playing .

Issy2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Walkthrough?

[Post New]by Issy2 on May 21, 12 6:44 AM
where do I start in this game?? I really need help as I can't find the rag or screwdriver mentioned in other posts. Please help someone!!!!

JoBee1215
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by JoBee1215 on May 21, 12 7:56 AM
You ask why a walkthru? I may buy a game when it first comes out after checking the trial, but then I may not get a chance to play for a while (sometimes several months) When I come back to the game if I have a problem I cannot get past there is no longer help on the forum as all others are well past this game. That's Why!

eng60
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by eng60 on May 21, 12 8:01 AM
One is needed, I have wet rag and screwdriver but cannot get past painting of captain, have placed eyepatch help please

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 21, 12 8:04 AM
I don't use walkthroughs but when a straight SE comes out which I know nothing about I want to look at a walkthrough to help me guage how long it will be compared to where I got in a game.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 21, 12 8:26 AM
Issy2 wrote:where do I start in this game?? I really need help as I can't find the rag or screwdriver mentioned in other posts. Please help someone!!!!

Where have you explored and what do you have in your inventory?

ETA ...

The very first thing you need to do is ... highlight to read ...

Pick up the screw by the manhole cover in front of you and then go to the right and use it on the fishing rod. There are 2 uses for the rod, one there and one a step back and to the left where there is a buoy in the water.

Edited on 05/21/2012 at 8:46:40 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 21, 12 8:43 AM
eng60 wrote:One is needed, I have wet rag and screwdriver but cannot get past painting of captain, have placed eyepatch help please

Spoilers ... highlight to read

You use the screwdriver on the garden gate and then fix the pump to wet the rag. Not sure where you wet yours because it would let me use the sea which was the first place I tried.

You have to use the wet rag to clean the safe to the left of the hamster machine and then use what you find in the safe to reveal a hidden object scene.

On board the pirate ship pick up the hat from the left and the duster just in front of you and 3 pieces of a picture (2 by octopus, one by skull). Enter cabin and see that you need you need 3 things for the pirate, eyepatch, hat and sabre, the latter is in the trunk that you can see when you get on board the ship. Use the duster on the picture and you will get one of the fishes that you need for the lock, the other is stuck in a plank on the main deck and you get that by completing the picture below the parrot cage to get a knife and using that on the plank.

Hope you can progress a bit further with the above help .

ETA ...

Corrected slightly

Edited on 05/21/2012 at 9:21:54 AM PST

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on May 21, 12 8:53 AM
I hate HOG scenes but I'll give it a shot. Cherbtoo twisted my arm.

Edited on 05/21/2012 at 8:54:45 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 21, 12 9:37 AM
barbee44 wrote:I hate HOG scenes but I'll give it a shot. Cherbtoo twisted my arm.

Ooops, so sorry, got carried away ... I these sort of games

+ here's a sling for your injured member +

pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp p
pp pp pp pp p
pp pp pp p
pp ppp

Wearing it for a week will ensure a quick return to playing your type of games instead of mine .

unknitter
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by unknitter on May 21, 12 10:02 AM
Why do we want a walkthrough?

Because some of us are not experts. Some games have vague puzzle instructions and no skip option, extremely small or obscure hidden objects, unhelpful hints, poor translation so we don't even know what we're looking for... I could go on.

It's not always possible to get help in the forum and I don't want to spend my time going through multiple layers of it for my answer when a quick glance at the walkthrough would help. When I get stuck I'd like to have the option of progressing and finishing a game.

I only use a walkthrough when I absolutely need to, but I won't buy a game that doesn't have one available here.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on May 21, 12 10:14 AM
unknitter wrote:Why do we want a walkthrough?

Because some of us are not experts. Some games have vague puzzle instructions and no skip option, extremely small or obscure hidden objects, unhelpful hints, poor translation so we don't even know what we're looking for... I could go on.

It's not always possible to get help in the forum and I don't want to spend my time going through multiple layers of it for my answer when a quick glance at the walkthrough would help. When I get stuck I'd like to have the option of progressing and finishing a game.

I only use a walkthrough when I absolutely need to, but I won't buy a game that doesn't have one available here.

I agree totally! For those of us who struggle in "spots" in the games, it is nice to have a resource. I, too, come back to games long after others have finished. A walkthrough is a handy tool. Please do not give those of us who like the walkthroughs a "thumbs down". We deserve better than that.

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on May 21, 12 11:57 AM
I'd like a walkthrough.

I've just finished my trial hour and I'm in the rowing boat.

I'd like to be able to estimate how much more of the game there is before I spend a credit on it.

Novella2
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by Novella2 on May 21, 12 1:41 PM
I clicked on "reply" because can't see anywhere else to post. First of all, when there is a "highlight to read," nothing happens. I only have three items, none of which are the screwdriver or rag. Where are they? Thanks.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 21, 12 1:47 PM
Hi Novella2,
If you hold down your mouse button and run your cursor over the white text after the highlight to read in Cherb's replies it will show up and maybe have the answers you need.
Cheers

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 21, 12 1:58 PM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi Novella2,
If you hold down your mouse button and run your cursor over the white text after the highlight to read in Cherb's replies it will show up and maybe have the answers you need.
Cheers

Thanks Ozzie .

After years of saying "Highlight to read" I have just realised that

there is an easier way for people to read the hidden text and that is to click on the word QUOTE on any posts that contain spoilers

and it saves holding the mouse button down so it less stressful on arthritic hands. Once read just click on the word Cancel.

[Post New]by FelineParent on May 21, 12 2:15 PM
I would really like to see a walkthrough about now. I am stuck trying to free Mary. Hint just keeps pointing me to same place and I can't see anything else to do there.
Is anyone there yet?
Thanks FelineParent

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 21, 12 2:21 PM
Hi there FelineParent,
Are you trying to free Mary from the sandglass?
If so, highlight below (or hit quote as Cherb has suggested above).
There are three stages not necessarily in this order- highlight below
1. Find and place the fuses in the RHS section of the machine.
2. Find and place the switches and place them on the middle section of the machine - turn them.
3. Use the arrows and switches at the top of the LHS of the machine to fill the containers with liquid - 3 parts on the left, 4 on the right.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Go to: