craskehouse
Herring
Herring
393 Posts

Broken Clues

[Post New]by craskehouse on Feb 1, 09 4:11 AM
Downloaded the Broken Clues demo and it crashed my computer big time!

Peggy1TN
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Broken Clues

[Post New]by Peggy1TN on Feb 1, 09 2:18 PM
The game didn't crash my computer. However, I have downloaded and uninstalled it twice. All I get is a black screen with only one square box showing in the upper left-hand corner that reads "TBC".

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Feb 1, 09 3:10 PM
This is the worst game that I have ever played!!! For those of you that had a problem downloading you do not know how lucky you were. I did not have this problem but wish I did. I was stupid enough to play the entire free download. The game is repetive, has no relaxed mode and the objects are way to small to find. I found it annoying and was surprised to see it had typos in it, the best one is when you get to the car. I will not say what the typo was but I think most people would find it offensive. i would actually use a game credit not to have to play this annoying game.

[Post New]by jacquelinesue on Feb 2, 09 2:07 PM
When I tried to play the trial all I got was a big black box on my screen then it began to flash. I could not exit it nor could I get it to stop. I had to do a hard shutdown to get out of it. I treid again and got the same thing but this time a message flashed quickly saying my "hardware would not recognize " the game. Be very careful in downloading this one -you could really mess up your system. I have not had this kind of trouble with any other game. The problem is not my computer which is new and has all the gaming bells and whistles............

[Post New]by quick_sand8 on Feb 2, 09 2:17 PM
It did it for me as well, only instead of a black screen, it was little "pixels" thingies all over the entire screen! Took forever to get it to shut down, and I uninstalled it......
Big Fish Games is a good site. I have many many games, with no problem what so ever. But lately there are a couple games with some real bugs in them. Thankfully, customer service is A-1....too bad customer service for other businesses aren't as good as Big Fish's.... They will answer you and make sure they keep a happy customer!! That is a rare find today!!

JMAlshik
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by JMAlshik on Feb 7, 09 11:06 AM
Ditto for me as well ... have deleted this one and hope that big fish will try again .. thanks for all the posts i read as i thought it was just me ...

Catwm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Catwm on Feb 9, 09 7:05 AM
At least I am not the only one.

I really thought the game looked fun. Hidden object games are the best, however, I did try to download the one hour free play and it crashed my system. I was able to shut it down, delete the game and start over.

Does anyone know why the game will not download and play ?

[Post New]by hexe656 on Feb 9, 09 8:36 AM
it´s the first time that i have problems with a bigfish game.
i´ve downloaded it twice and uninstalled it because it says in thebrokenclues/qppjmbw.exe is the dangerous backdoorprogramm BDS/Ciadoor.123.EX.
anyone else having this problem?

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Feb 9, 09 9:05 AM
Hi hexe656. I thought I'd pop in and let you know that all of our games here at Big Fish Games are 100% virus/adware/spyware free, and are tested for such. Chances are, your anti-virus program definitions need to be updated. Here is a help topic we have that talks about this:

Virus messages

If you have any other questions, then I would recommend that you contact our Customer Support staff. They are well trained in assisting with technical questions and concerns. You can contact them by clicking here.

Thank you for visiting the forums!

Go to: