Pirate poster

sniffll
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Pirate poster

[Post New]by sniffll on May 21, 12 9:16 AM
What are you supposed to do with the poster? The hint points to it but nothing on the column reacts to anything. I have a boot which I used the screw to get. Is there a glitch? I can't even play past a minute. I must have missed picking something up but can't find anything. Feeling pretty stupid right about now.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

Pirate poster

[Post New]by aalaurie on May 21, 12 9:34 AM
sniffll wrote:What are you supposed to do with the poster? The hint points to it but nothing on the column reacts to anything. I have a boot which I used the screw to get. Is there a glitch? I can't even play past a minute. I must have missed picking something up but can't find anything. Feeling pretty stupid right about now.

Me too! I must still be asleep. Can't get anywhere after getting the boot and the fishing rod. EGADS have all of my faculties deserted me!

lucygirl7
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Pirate poster

[Post New]by lucygirl7 on May 21, 12 9:42 AM
I'm with you guys. I just don't know what I'm supposed to do. This game got high ratings, but I can't get past the beginning.

[Post New]by ginadel on May 21, 12 9:55 AM
I cant get past it either, my hint points to the street by the gate but I dont have anything to open the gate, its in the beginning also. help

[Post New]by carolisgwtw on May 21, 12 10:06 AM
Did anyone ever get the answer on what to do next here? I am also stuck where you guys are. Cant believe there is no walkthrough!

Baybear
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Baybear on May 21, 12 10:50 AM
There's a definite bug here... Like all of you I am also stuck here.

The hint button points to "back to the original screen" from wherever I am, but when I get to where the hint button points, it doesn't have any effect there! i.e.: no hints on that screen no matter how long I wait.

And the sparkles don't help since the boot, can opener and door handle dont have any effect on either the "gate" or the "poster." The gate and the poster are the only to active areas I can find on that screen.

I tried "sleepy" mode and the other mode, and also went back and changed my profile name and starte again, both with the same "no help."

XtreemNorth
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by XtreemNorth on May 21, 12 10:57 AM
I;m with all of the above, totaly stuck. will keep checking back for answers.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on May 21, 12 10:59 AM
did you get the fishing rod?

Baybear
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Baybear on May 21, 12 11:04 AM
Micha1234 wrote:did you get the fishing rod?

Yes, you put the screw into the rod reel, and then you can "take the fishing rod." Then you use the fishing rod to pull out the boot (where the "red bobber" is in the water). You "take the boot."

Then I have 1) boot, 2) can opener, and 3) door handle and can't do anything with them...

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on May 21, 12 11:07 AM
Baybear wrote:

Yes, you put the screw into the rod reel, and then you can "take the fishing rod." Then you use the fishing rod to pull out the boot (where the "red bobber" is in the water). You "take the boot."

Then I have 1) boot, 2) can opener, and 3) door handle and can't do anything with them...

AND you have to take the fishing rod, too!!!! It needs to be in your inventory.

XtreemNorth
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by XtreemNorth on May 21, 12 11:08 AM
Baybear wrote:

Same here, I have these three items and cannot figure out what to do, waiting for an answer, hopefully one soon.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on May 21, 12 11:15 AM
If I remember, there's another thing you have to take out of the water. I found it by chance. Just look around wherever there is water.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on May 21, 12 11:43 AM
I have those items. I also got the bobber in the water. Lost the fishing rod and the bobber is no longer in the inventory either. I have the Can Opener, Boot and something else. The Hint takes me to the gate and shows me nothing else. None of my items open that lock which seems to need a screw driver which I haven't found. I am out of ideas.

ETA the other thing is the door handle but the doos I find are either locked or I have been in them.

Edited on 05/21/2012 at 11:44:10 AM PST

jennipurr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by jennipurr on May 21, 12 12:00 PM
There is a key also in the water to open the boat house. Put the pole into inventory then click hint to find where it is. Open the boat house, collect all 6 boards and then the jack to open the window bars. That is enough hints for now.

Baybear
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Baybear on May 21, 12 12:38 PM
jennipurr wrote:There is a key also in the water to open the boat house. Put the pole into inventory then click hint to find where it is. Open the boat house, collect all 6 boards and then the jack to open the window bars. That is enough hints for now.

That did it! Got me out of the jam... The six boards were the key to it all. Now I'm happily moving along until I get stuck again...

THANKS.

[Post New]by melodyllara on May 21, 12 4:10 PM
XtreemNorth wrote:
Baybear wrote:

Same here, I have these three items and cannot figure out what to do, waiting for an answer, hopefully one soon.

Did you go to the boathouse and get the 6 boards and use them under the boat?
This is exactly where I was stuck until I found I needed the boards.

[Post New]by greeneyes488 on May 21, 12 7:30 PM
THROW THE BOOT AT THAT CAT!!

[Post New]by greeneyes488 on May 21, 12 7:56 PM
YOU USE THE CAN OPENER ON THE METAL THINGY ON THE ROOFIN THE GARDEN...NOW,,,,HOW DO I GET THE ChAIN OFF THE ROWBOAT?

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 22, 12 12:13 AM
greeneyes488 wrote:YOU USE THE CAN OPENER ON THE METAL THINGY ON THE ROOFIN THE GARDEN...NOW,,,,HOW DO I GET THE ChAIN OFF THE ROWBOAT?

Use the file.

[Post New]by greeneyes488 on May 22, 12 6:54 AM
THX.IM OFF TO FIND A FILE!!

Go to: