bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Jewel Quest Mysteries: The Oracle of Ur technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 22, 12 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

Re:Post any Jewel Quest Mysteries: The Oracle of Ur technical issues here only

[Post New]by edmee1947 on May 22, 12 1:02 AM
after 16 mn of play:access error violation!
as this game is not my cup of tea,i deleted

FRENCHIE48
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by FRENCHIE48 on May 22, 12 8:36 AM
CANNOT GET OUT OF THE SUN ROOM CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHAT ORDER TO PUT SAND IN . HELP PLEASE

[Post New]by marti_mouse on May 22, 12 10:31 AM
cannot get note pieces to rotate in order to place them. any updates on this?

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on May 22, 12 10:34 AM
FRENCHIE48 wrote:CANNOT GET OUT OF THE SUN ROOM CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHAT ORDER TO PUT SAND IN . HELP PLEASE

I can't get out of this room either. I have solved the hourglass, and played the jewel board 3 times but it won't let me move on. Have tried coming out of the game and then going back in but it just won't move on. It's as though the game is in a loop.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on May 22, 12 1:43 PM
Got to the first jewel board and didn't clear it in time. When it reset, the jewels wouldn't fall into any square that had turned gold. Impossible to clear a board with this happening!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 22, 12 2:37 PM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you seeing errors with the sun room or other boards and it not letting you progress, one thing you can try is to uninstall and reinstall the game. I've put a link to our help article here that covers how to do that:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

For Fishies who are seeing access violation errors, here's a help article that might be helpful for troubleshooting that issue:

Access Violation

If these recommendations aren't helping, please contact our Tech Support team and they'll be happy to help.

Happy gaming!

bfgSeine

Edited on 05/22/2012 at 2:37:26 PM PST

[Post New]by melodyllara on May 22, 12 3:45 PM
marti_mouse wrote:cannot get note pieces to rotate in order to place them. any updates on this?

I have trouble rotating ANYTHING that supposes to rotate. I had to skip 2 puzzles already and now my notes will not rotate either. My computer takes forever to download so re-installing is not an option for me. I guess I just won't continue even though I enjoyed all the other Jewel Quests!

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on May 22, 12 10:08 PM
I cannot rotate anything either, starting with the electrical wires. Hope we get an answer to this as I like the JQ games. Did not have troubles with the earlier ones.

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on May 22, 12 11:36 PM
Me again. Found out after fiddling around, I have to click twice on the object to get it to rotate. Maybe this is your problem? Hope so.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on May 23, 12 5:43 AM
bfgSeine wrote:Hi Fishies,

For those of you seeing errors with the sun room or other boards and it not letting you progress, one thing you can try is to uninstall and reinstall the game. I've put a link to our help article here that covers how to do that:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

For Fishies who are seeing access violation errors, here's a help article that might be helpful for troubleshooting that issue:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=711">Access Violation</a>

If these recommendations aren't helping, please contact our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> team and they'll be happy to help.

Happy gaming!

bfgSeine

This does'nt work.
just took me back to same place and yet another playing of jewel board and then back to having to do hourglass etc,etc,etc.....
Have gone to tech support but this is the 3rd game in as many weeks I have had to do this. Not happy.

Edited on 05/23/2012 at 5:46:41 AM PST

Jixio
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Jixio on May 23, 12 6:00 AM
I'm having the same problem. I finished the board (lighting the 3 bowls with the flames and turning all the squares to gold) but I can't proceed from there. I'm stuck in the sun room with no option but to do the board over and over again.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 23, 12 6:33 AM
Hi Fishies,

As per bfgSeine's suggestion: try uninstalling and reinstalling the game in an attempt to reset those glitchy boards but if that didn't work, please get in touch with Customer Support so we can start tracking this issue better.

They might be able to give you further suggestions too. You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

Edited on 05/23/2012 at 6:33:59 AM PST

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on May 23, 12 3:46 PM
Since I was having most of the same issues as others playing this game, I decided to download it from the developers web site and had no problems whatsoever! What's up Bigfish?

TinaNash
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by TinaNash on May 23, 12 7:07 PM
The jewel boards are wierd. All jewels in the top 3/4 of the board work fine, smooth and fast, but all the bottom rows move very slowly and don't always drop into the boxes all the way. I also cannot rotate the torn letter, had to skip. I am now stuck in the sun room where you have to open the door with only two of the hour glasses. I have set the sun clock to 8 several time but the door will not open.

pugpug01
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by pugpug01 on May 23, 12 10:35 PM
elvenstardragon wrote:
FRENCHIE48 wrote:CANNOT GET OUT OF THE SUN ROOM CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHAT ORDER TO PUT SAND IN . HELP PLEASE

I can't get out of this room either. I have solved the hourglass, and played the jewel board 3 times but it won't let me move on. Have tried coming out of the game and then going back in but it just won't move on. It's as though the game is in a loop.

This is ridiculous! I never complain, this game seems unplayable past this point. It needs a fix immediately, have contacted tech support-may take 48 hours! Have done the hour glasses successfully, the fire tiles are unable to be lit after 12 tries. Sick to death of unplayable games that it seems easier to ignore and move on. Not this time, it is the 3rd in the series from this developer. THE PROBLEM IS WITH BIG FISH AS ANOTHER PERSON SAID THEY BOUGHT FROM DEVELOPER AND IT WORKED.
So sorry, over it!

sue2610
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

cannot click on anything

[Post New]by sue2610 on May 24, 12 12:24 PM
downlowded the game no problem took me to the first scene with the thing sticking out of the tree and i cant click on anything, the cursor is supposed to change but it doesnt, uninstalled and downloaded again and still the same, im having a lot of problems lately not being able to open games...any ideas?

camgold
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by camgold on May 24, 12 1:47 PM
Had no problem with boards but did with the rotation of letter pieces, etc. I clicked and clicked and sometimes they would rotate and sometimes they wouldn't. Had no problems with the sun room.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 24, 12 3:11 PM
Hi Fishies,

It sounds like a couple of you are seeing issues with being able to interact with items. As Rhone suggested, uninstalling and reinstalling the game may help, and you can also try the troubleshooting and update steps listed on our help article here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If these recommendations aren't helping, please let our Tech Support team know and they will be happy to look further into the issue for you.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by joannemaryjo on May 24, 12 5:45 PM
can not get pieces to rotate...have already uninstalled and reinstalled and that got me out of the scene with the pipes...now i can't get through the door in Tibet...pieces will rotate once in awhile and game won't let me skip this puzzle and no clues very frustrated as I have played jewel quest mysteries before but NEVER WITH THE PROBLEMS I'M HAVING WITH THIS ONE!!!! I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED

Go to: