bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Jewel Quest Mysteries: The Oracle of Ur

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 22, 12 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Jewel Quest Mysteries: The Oracle of Ur? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Jewel Quest Mysteries: The Oracle of Ur page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Jewel Quest Mysteries: The Oracle of Ur

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 22, 12 12:36 AM
Hi fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on May 22, 12 1:08 AM
This is a hidden obj plus a match 3 game would of been an ok game but I don't know about anyone else but I'm having trouble picking items up I see them but if not clicked in the right spot I can't pick them up and it's not only on one board its all of them so far I clicked 5x's before I could pick up the ruler I had to find what they call in tennis a sweet spot then whalla I got it not for me big fish maybe someone else

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 22, 12 1:20 AM
I hope that someone of the developers or the publishers read this, because I am quite frustrated...

It could be excellent HOG+match3 - but you guys stick always to two parameters that I can't bear:

1) 3 hints only, for mini-tiny junk-pile screen??!! Add to it very foggy screen - and I am "done". I want free pool of hints, if I pay!

2) Always, but always, the match-3 screens are timed!!!??? Why??? I won't touch a timed match-3!!!

All my pleasure has gone with the WINd...and I wanted badly this game, with other parameters.

We both lost - you as a seller, and I as a buyer... Pity.

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on May 22, 12 1:30 AM
Rebecca Lily, I totally agree with you, timed match 3...not! very small items to find, hard on the eyes....no sale here either! When will the Developers hear our pleas for untimed match 3 and bigger items in hidden object scenes, I just don't get it

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 22, 12 1:40 AM
Didn't care for this game.

Hidden Object Scenes = Junkpiles with tiny objects to find. In fact, I started to get a headache, trying to concentrate on finding items in all that junk.

Inventory = Clunky. Doesn't open smoothly; I needed to click on it a couple of times for it to open.

Main Scene = Nice graphics, but hard to find objects.

Match 3 game = Can't stand the continuous sounds I get throughout.

Tutorial = Give us a break. If I wanted to know how to play a M3 game, I will ask for it. There should have been a choice whether we want to be told a million times what to do. This very much interrupted the flow of the game.

I very much liked the graphics in the cut scenes and the main play area, but that was it.

joray2
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by joray2 on May 22, 12 2:54 AM
This could of been a great game,but,I too cannot pick up the items without trying two or three times. I picked up the 3 pieces needed for the door,went to the door and try to use them. I kept getting the words,(short circut},and the game would start all over again and the items would go back into my inventory. I only played this game for a short time and was so upset with it,I quit! This is a NO buy for me. Great story,but were the game developers trying to stress us out?

joray2
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by joray2 on May 22, 12 2:56 AM
Valdy wrote:Didn't care for this game.

Hidden Object Scenes = Junkpiles with tiny objects to find. In fact, I started to get a headache, trying to concentrate on finding items in all that junk.

Inventory = Clunky. Doesn't open smoothly; I needed to click on it a couple of times for it to open.

Main Scene = Nice graphics, but hard to find objects.

Match 3 game = Can't stand the continuous sounds I get throughout.

Tutorial = Give us a break. If I wanted to know how to play a M3 game, I will ask for it. There should have been a choice whether we want to be told a million times what to do. This very much interrupted the flow of the game.

I very much liked the graphics in the cut scenes and the main play area, but that was it.
WOW,this says it all. You are soooo right!!!

Edited on 05/22/2012 at 3:10:45 AM PST

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on May 22, 12 3:12 AM

Thank you for everyone's reviews; I've played (and some to the end) timed M3 games but when it comes to Jewel Quest games, I've ALWAYS found the timer to be too fast I hidden object games BUT not if I have to click several times just to pick up 1 item.

We, members play games to have fun and I've yet to have ANY fun with Jewel Quest games and this game apparently is no different (nor improved) from the other 3 games of this series.

MEnr56

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on May 22, 12 3:22 AM
Hidden Object Puzzle / M3 game.

HO scenes are NOT junk pile. I think that term is misused quite regularly. You are searching rooms, not a pile of stuff or a box of stuff. Items are very cleverly hidden but not frustratingly so. Items aren't small, they are the correct size for the environment.

You also need to be on the look out for -

gold coins (x 3 gives you an extra hint) and
gems (which help out in the M3 games) and
shards of the M3 board

M3 games are timed but whilst not being a great M3 fan, I had no trouble finishing within the time given.

Puzzles aren't unique but better than some I've seen.

I had no problem picking anything up.

joray2 wrote:I picked up the 3 pieces needed for the door,went to the door and try to use them. I kept getting the words,(short circut},and the game would start all over again and the items would go back into my inventory.

It's up to you to put the pieces in the correct position otherwise you will get short circuit. You have to match up the green wires.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on May 22, 12 4:38 AM
Sorry BFG but this game is below par. The HOS are so crowded and objects are so difficult to find that I just can't bear to play any more. Started to get a headache concentrating on the items. I have 43 minutes left in the demo that I won't be using. When the game first opened I thought it was going to be a keeper, but it didn't take long to realize it isn't.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on May 22, 12 6:33 AM
Interesting game with a nice story to follow and plenty of things to do.

I actually like the music, the scenes are nice and while the graphics are not perfect they still good enough and clear enough for me.

The HOscenes were fine for me also, I had not problem finding the jewels the coins and the objects itself, the interaction on the scenes is a nice touch.

I didn't like the time on the match 3 game and that its right now the only thing I don't like about the game.

Beside that, I think the games is no a bad game at all.

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on May 22, 12 7:34 AM
Wow I was disappointed! I've loved the oldest Jewel Quest games for many years but the past few have been just awful. Trying too hard. The part I've always loved was the jewel boards - give us more of those and fewer of the very, very dark and hard to complete h/o scenes. Jewel Quest Solitaire was awesome too. Thought I'd finally found a game for my credit - nope.

RasmusB
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by RasmusB on May 22, 12 7:47 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:I hope that someone of the developers or the publishers read this, because I am quite frustrated...

It could be excellent HOG+match3 - but you guys stick always to two parameters that I can't bear:

1) 3 hints only, for mini-tiny junk-pile screen??!! Add to it very foggy screen - and I am "done". I want free pool of hints, if I pay!

2) Always, but always, the match-3 screens are timed!!!??? Why??? I won't touch a timed match-3!!!

All my pleasure has gone with the WINd...and I wanted badly this game, with other parameters.

We both lost - you as a seller, and I as a buyer... Pity.

I wholeheartedly agree with point 2, especiall as it seems that 3 minutes by FAR is not enough, to complete a match 3 screen. Very poor gameplay choice in my book. Maybe, it could be ok later, MUCH-MUCH later in the game, but i couldn't complete the very first match 3 screen screen within the time limit.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on May 22, 12 7:56 AM
I really like this and would love to play it but...

1. Most items are too small

2. Tiny objects with very specific hot spots make them not only difficult to see but very hard to click on.

3. Dark scenes in which I must find the too small objects and click on their hard to locate hot spots.

4. I was not able to slide jewels in the M3 and had to click on them and then click again to move them - tiresome.

5. I am told to update Active X. I have the latest Flash. Apparently I do NOT have the latest Active X although I did try to update that as recently as last week and was told I had the latest vers. I could not view the cut scenes.

Most games I get at BFG that require Active X install it before the game finishes installing into the GM. This is annoying but not nearly as annoying as having to open IE and go to a page (with no Hot link to it) and install something into IE which is NOT my Browser.

Sorry. I love the "Jewel Quest" games but sadly I will not be playing this one.

[Post New]by NancySusan on May 22, 12 8:50 AM
This is based on the trial, which had 6 minutes left on it when I exited. I haven't played a game like this in several years, and I remember playing the precursors to this game online and enjoying them. However, sadly, I have the same comments as many of the other players: I play match3 quite quickly normally, but with the 2 M3 I played in this game, in the first M3, I was 3 tiles short of solving it before time ran out, then played it fine in the repeat game; then in the next M3 I was 1 tile short before time ran out. No, no, no. Between looking for numerous jewels, small gold coins and then trying to find the often quite well-hidden 12 items in scenes which are heavily laden with other objects and a lot of dark areas and only 3 hints (well, I had 4 hints at one point), when I hit that 2nd M3and was supposed to repeat it because I ran out of time, I said enough. Too frustrating. 1) HOS need better light and perhaps a fewer of the several hundred objects to sort through; 2) why not a choice of timed or untimed M3, and definitely a little longer time on them? I'm used to playing both, but I'm not going to sit there and play the same M3 over and over. Too bad. Kind of nice game and graphics were pretty good. I also could see why some people complained about the cursor -- it pointed at areas, but the hand to pick things up with was shown below the cursor, and I noticed that sometimes it would flash to hand very quickly, before I could place it correctly so I had to spend time figuring out how to place it so that the hand icon remained steady. That wasn't a deal breaker though -- the crowded and frequently too-dark areas for the HOS, the real lack of hints given the circumstances and the too-short time on the M3's did it for me. Sorry, no buy.

skamosha
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by skamosha on May 22, 12 8:50 AM
This game is just bad in all aspects - adventure, hidden object, match 3. I agree with all the criticisms already posted, and wonder why we see what seems to be an undending series of these Jewel Quest losers, when the Jewel Match games are, in my opinion, wonderful and far superior. I've been replaying the last Jewel Match over so often I've almost worn it out - and that's not easy for a digital game . I have no affiliation with either developer, just a love of a good match 3 game! More Jewel Match please, no more Jewel Quest!

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on May 22, 12 9:40 AM
I absolutely love the Jewel Quest series, and just had to add this newest one to my collection. In my opinion, this is the best one in the series. They just keep getting better and better.

The story is great and the graphics are beautiful, as are the cut scenes and voice overs. I'm also enjoying the middle eastern music. I'm not sure, as I've only played the demo thus far, but the music may change for each global region, and whatever is the music custom in same. I'm not sure about that, but it all sounds good to me.

Within each HOG scene, you have several things to find... objects listed, artifact fragments, gems, coins (if you want to earn extra hints), and of course, pieces of the famous gem board, in order to do the three of a kind matches, as you progress through the game. There is also the journal to read through. Basically, one gets a little of everything in this game. I also prefer the timed match 3, and the challenge in the hard to spot HOG items, in which, I was able to spot them all just fine... patience plays a large factor in playing HOG scenes like this.

So far (crossing my fingers), I've had no technical glitches or problems, and the demo play ran smoothly on my computer.

Edited on 05/22/2012 at 10:08:47 AM PST

[Post New]by teacher123abc on May 22, 12 10:19 AM
I was enjoying the game until the timed jewel game. I will not buy anything that is timed. I play these games to help me relax and a timer doesn't do that.

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on May 22, 12 11:00 AM
lilTweet7 wrote:I absolutely love the Jewel Quest series, and just had to add this newest one to my collection. In my opinion, this is the best one in the series. They just keep getting better and better.

The story is great and the graphics are beautiful, as are the cut scenes and voice overs. I'm also enjoying the middle eastern music. I'm not sure, as I've only played the demo thus far, but the music may change for each global region, and whatever is the music custom in same. I'm not sure about that, but it all sounds good to me.

Within each HOG scene, you have several things to find... objects listed, artifact fragments, gems, coins (if you want to earn extra hints), and of course, pieces of the famous gem board, in order to do the three of a kind matches, as you progress through the game. There is also the journal to read through. Basically, one gets a little of everything in this game. I also prefer the timed match 3, and the challenge in the hard to spot HOG items, in which, I was able to spot them all just fine... patience plays a large factor in playing HOG scenes like this.

So far (crossing my fingers), I've had no technical glitches or problems, and the demo play ran smoothly on my computer.

Sounds like some of the fishies are not acquainted with this series. I have also been a fan of JQ, and I agree that this is the best one so far. A bit of everything, and no time on th HdO scenes in this one. I agree with all your comments, and am enjoying the game....

Go to: