sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

A very informal group play for anyone who wants to continue the journey.

[Post New]by sunshinej on May 23, 12 11:11 AM
This is going to very informal but it is a place to go for help or questions. After London I took a peek into chapter 2 and liked what I saw and wanted to go on.

I made it into the train master's hut and now I'm decypher a bit of morse code.

Granny_Fish
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

Re:A very informal group play for anyone who wants to continue the journey.

[Post New]by Granny_Fish on May 23, 12 12:48 PM
This thread was established by the wishes of the Agon group play members who wished to continue sharing help and ideas while playing the second and third episodes of the game, continuing our journey through Lapland and Madagascar. This is not a formal group play and you can join us without having been in the Agon group play. We do ask. however, that you white out any comments, hints and answers that would give away solutions to a puzzle, give instructions on what to do next, etc. We like trying to figure things out on our own and only ask for help when we are really stuck.

While not tightly organized as a group play, I am volunteering to try and keep track of who is playing and who has finished, It's really nice to be congratulated by your co-players when you finish a tough adventure game!

PLAYERS

Sunshinej FINISHED!
Granny_Fish FINISHED!
alvertis5706
Aquatic FINISHED!
gingergal FINISHED!
Catfish_girl FINISHED!
jboliver1999 FINIHED!
Belladonna32

Edited on 06/15/2012 at 2:22:56 PM PST

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on May 23, 12 1:29 PM
I'll be playing, also. I've heard that the puzzles in this one are difficult.

Aquatic
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Aquatic on May 23, 12 4:03 PM
Sunshine and Granny Fish, thanks for putting this together.
I'll jump in ad soon as the mailman brings my disc.
(Assuming mice haven't nested in my disk drive. It's been over a year since I played anything but downloads! )

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on May 23, 12 4:08 PM
Thanks Granny_Fish for adding the info and keeping track of the players.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on May 23, 12 8:14 PM
Well I'm done with the train station part and now into the village.

A tip -Since the morse code sentence is so long if you have to quit in the middle(like I did to go to work) write down your words, because when you go back into game, you will face a blank sheet of paper again.

alvertis... I did run into a difficult puzzle ** figuring out how to do the lock to the back shed ** I checked a walkthrough on that part, because I just couldn't figure it out.

Aquatic...LOL about your disk drive.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 23, 12 11:52 PM
I'm in, just glad it's not over by the time I saw that you were doing it.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 24, 12 2:04 AM
Count me in too Will have to see if I have time to start today, otherwise it will be tomorrow.

Thanks for taking the initiative sunshinej & Granny_Fish!

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on May 24, 12 5:24 AM
I ran into a type of board game. Not understanding the rules right now, so this afternoon I'm going to try to tackle it.

gingergal...We're just at the beginning, so glad you found us.

CfG...No problem, either see you today or tomorrow. I noticed your beta came out today. Wow! That was quick.

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on May 24, 12 5:28 AM
I'll be heading over to Lapland as soon as I finish up in London. This was a great idea Sunshinej and Granny_Fish!

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 24, 12 8:25 AM
Gosh where was my manners earlier? Thank you sunshine and granny fish for doing this and organising it.

It certainly is longer than the first game as 3 hrs in, I'm still freezing, hopefully the sun will come soon. (an hour of that was morse code, I am useless at cyphers)

You really do have to have your brain turned on for this game, now where is my brain switch as it's not working.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on May 24, 12 5:58 PM
A plea for help. Has anyone made it to the board game yet? I read the rules and I played the game and lost. I think you must win and I can't. I'm really not getting it. HELP!

Edited on 05/24/2012 at 5:59:31 PM PST

Granny_Fish
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Granny_Fish on May 24, 12 8:26 PM
sunshinej wrote:A plea for help. Has anyone made it to the board game yet? I read the rules and I played the game and lost. I think you must win and I can't. I'm really not getting it. HELP!

Did you try going to Game Options and setting diffivulty level to easy? That setting applies only to board games.

Aquatic
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Aquatic on May 25, 12 1:27 AM
Hello Everyone!
Made it to snowy Lapland to find another working man drunk on duty!
At least this one wasn't Samuel's fault.
Solved the Morse code puzzle despite the distracting snoring of the stationmaster.
I was ready to rub snow in his face!
Played and lost the board game til I was weeping in my cheese doodles.
To avoid further soggy snack food, I resorted to a walkthrough!
I hope we only play that game once per episode. I'd rather unravel a tangled ball of string! (Which I'm actually pretty good at. )
I've just set foot on the beach in Madagascar.
My inventory automatically had items in it. One of which was...more alcohol!
That's it! I'm having a glass of wine. Good night all.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on May 25, 12 3:27 AM
Granny_Fish...No I didn't know that, I'm glad you told me, I will try that next.

Aquatic...Wow you're in the nice sunny weather of Madagascar already and ** I'm still stuck in a freezing cold hut playing a board game. **

ETA...Yay, I beat the game and now I'm onto the beach in Madagascar.

Edited on 05/25/2012 at 5:17:34 AM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 25, 12 6:31 AM
Managed to get a couple of hours in which was good and just arrived in the sun. But do I need to go back to an earlier save? Or can I carry on?

spoiler - I discovered the telescope and put in the numbers I found on the hut wall and obviously I am missing something as there is an interaction on the lower left. So I left the telescope and went wandering around to see if I could find what it is but came across the hut, played the board game and now I am in the sun! Do I need whatever it was I didn't do in the telescope bit? end

re board game what helped me especially when someone moved between my 2 pieces (so they can't be taken) I just moved my piece away and back again so then they were taken. Or if I could anticiapte it I would keep my counter one square away then grab him when he moved.
I played easy on that one so don't know the difference. I put it on easy for the morse code and forgot to change it back, but don't think it worked for that as granny fish said it must be for the board game.

It was the valve and the plate that got me as I thought I counted right looking at the drawing how many turns but I didn't get it right so looked at a walkthrough.

Edited on 05/25/2012 at 6:48:46 AM PST

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on May 25, 12 6:52 AM
gingergal... I found a **wheel near by some large rocks in the snow and used that on the telescope. There is also a boat with the same numbers out there by a dock in case you missed the ones in the villiage. After I put on the wheel and numbers and used oil can a secret compartment opened up with a paper inside I skimmed reading it but I think it contained more info about the codex. **

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 25, 12 7:50 AM
Just arrived in Lapland to find a **drunk staionmaster and deciphered the telegraph message, which wasn't easy ** Besides that haven't done much yet.

Edited on 05/25/2012 at 7:50:54 AM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 25, 12 8:04 AM
sunshinej wrote:gingergal... I found a **wheel near by some large rocks in the snow and used that on the telescope. There is also a boat with the same numbers out there by a dock in case you missed the ones in the villiage. After I put on the wheel and numbers and used oil can a secret compartment opened up with a paper inside I skimmed reading it but I think it contained more info about the codex. **

thanks -
oh no, I think that means I have to go back and that means replaying that game which must have taken me an hour! I do wish they would record all your notes as I would like to reread them and it would have been great to have the morse alphabet with the puzzle.

catfish girl - Yup took me ages to do the morse hate to tell you I think it gets harder immediately after that but the next bit you travel to is straightforward after that.

Or maybe everybody's brains is wired differently and we all perceive different things as difficult lol. As I found the first area the hardest by far.

Back into the snow I go ....

Edited on 05/25/2012 at 8:07:03 AM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 25, 12 8:26 AM
Managed to **light a fire and found some things I can turn inside and outside the house** still wondering how to get in the shed

Go to: