bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 24, 12 12:36 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

Re:Post any Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by carolina67 on May 24, 12 3:24 AM
Game plays extremely slow. It is very sluggish. I tried the regular cursor and had no relief. Too bad as I was looking forward to playing it. Any help?

lottelein
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Re:Post any Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by lottelein on May 24, 12 5:56 AM

Verrrrry slow download. Any fix? Thanks.

Kilan8
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Kilan8 on May 24, 12 7:18 AM
Access violation (as usual). So sick of this BS. Loaded a CE and a SE yesterday just fine. Every game it's Russian roulette to see if the stupid game is gonna load or not, or if I'll get an access violation. It's not my computer so fix the problem BF!

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on May 24, 12 7:50 AM
Game does not fill screen. Changing screen resolution didn't help.

Update: Tried some more and problem solved. Game required 1280X1024.

Edited on 05/24/2012 at 8:28:14 AM PST

dlcoyte
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by dlcoyte on May 24, 12 9:54 AM
I get wide screen on almost every game. Maybe one or two ive had. This has large black border left and on the right???

marthadunk
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by marthadunk on May 24, 12 1:19 PM
The game is very slow to respond to my mouse. I am able to play other games with no hesitation between the mouse click and the response.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on May 24, 12 1:49 PM
Hi Fishies,

carolina67 - if the game is running sluggishly, I'd try a few of the steps in this help article here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen (if you click the blue text, it will take you to more information about how to do that).

I've found they can help if a game is running sluggishly too.

lottelein - Slow downloads can happen for a few different reason, but there are some things to try in this article that can help:

Why did my download, activation, or installation fail for my PC game?

Kilan8 - I'm sorry that these games are giving you trouble with an access violation. However if you get in contact with our Customer Support team one of our reps would be happy to help and take a closer look with you.

dlcoyte - I've found that some games can sometimes have just full screen vs. widescreen (meaning even if it's filling the whole screen, it will have the black bars on the side). However, I've found that sometimes adjusting your screen resolution can be a great work around:

Screen Resolution

marthadunk - I would try and see if turning the custom cursor can help in this case. To do this click Menu - then Options and click the box next to custom cursor.

I'm sorry for the trouble Fishies. These steps above are just some things we've found can help in these cases. However, if you try them and your game is still giving you trouble I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support team. This will help us better track any issues and a rep will be able to help you out individually with your purchase.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

druishprin
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by druishprin on May 24, 12 4:08 PM
I have bee trying to downlad this game for an hour. it states downloading then it goes to validating back to downloading & back to validating. this has been what its doing for ah hour

linda282
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by linda282 on May 24, 12 4:47 PM
Same thing happened to me, druishprin! I disabled my antivirus programme (Norton) temporarily whilst downloading ...... success!!

Edited on 05/24/2012 at 6:02:30 PM PST

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on May 24, 12 5:42 PM
Same of the same problems as above...items found in H0 scenes VERY slow to move off screen and purple-sparkles when finding something are very slow to disappear; cursor very sluggish and hard to control - even changing cursor doesn't help; have to try several times to pick up something before it "takes hold"'; going from one area to another leaves a "shadow" of the last scene on the screen; slow moving from scene to scene; etc. My computer does automatic updates every evening so I don't think the problems lie there. The game demo downloaded much faster than yesterday's game - even with all the "movie-type" graphics and movement of the characters.

I am holding off on buying this game - although it is hard to do - hoping for "fixes". I really do want to play it, but play it with "good flow". Here's hoping!!

Bridgelady
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by Bridgelady on May 25, 12 11:22 AM
Very, very slow response from curser to item. I uninstalled the curser and it is still very slow and I have to click several times to get anything or go anywhere. This is a problem. Game runs slow

Edited on 05/25/2012 at 11:24:11 AM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 25, 12 12:01 PM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you experiencing slowness or cursor issues, I recommend updating your software programs and drivers, which might help. Here's a help article covering some basic troubleshooting steps you can take, as Cimarron mentioned above:

If the recommendations in that help article aren't working, please contact our Tech Support team and they'll be happy to look into that for you. Running a Dr. Felix Report will also help our Tech Support team determine what is causing that issue.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on May 25, 12 2:02 PM
HI THERE GUYS.
I PURCHASED THE GAME AND I HAVE ALMOST FINISH IT. IT'S A GOOD GAME BUT WITH SOME PROBLEMS THAT DEVELOPERS MUST TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION AND TRY TO FIX THEM. THE FIRST ONE IS THE SLOW CURSOR, AS SOME OF YOU ALREADY SAID, EVEN WHEN YOU TURN IT TO CUSTOM.
THE SECOND ONE IS WITH THE STRATEGY GUIDE. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO TURN THE PAGES SO THERE GOES ANY HELP FROM IT! I REALLY WANT TO KNOW IF SOMEONE ELSE HAS THE SAME PROBLEM I HAVE.
WELL THAT'S ALL FOR NOW. TAKE CARE FISHIES.

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by netnanna on May 25, 12 2:18 PM
Great game!! wish i could continue it, but I've purchased it and it won't continue after the demo ends!! FRUSTRATION!!

[Post New]by SatinEssence on May 25, 12 8:05 PM
Can someone please tell me if you're supposed to hear the characters when they speak and also if there is sound when you are in hidden object mode.....like when you click on the correct objects and when you have found all objects, also any interactions...ie: like with the cat in the earlier scene outside the mansion.
I would greatly appreciate any and all answers.
Thank you*

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 26, 12 12:55 AM
Hi Fishies!

tammytheo, if you experienced an overal drop in performance playing this game, despite tweaking its settings, I'd recommend giving the steps in the below help article a go:

netnanna, I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the game and if that didn't work, starting the game in a new player profile.

SatinEssence, based on reviews in the Reviews for Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Collector's Edition thread, characters have voiceovers.

If your game still is giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgRhone

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on May 26, 12 12:45 PM
THE SECOND TIME I ENTERED THE GAME EVERYTHING WAS OK WITH THE STRATEGY GUIDE. BUT I COULDN'T MANAGE TO COLLECT THE CATS. WHAT CAN I SAY!

[Post New]by VileWoman on May 26, 12 1:34 PM
I have played the game twice and both times have clicked on all the cats, but nothing happens and I have not been given the award. Pleaseee help.

[Post New]by Lauradelenn on May 27, 12 7:42 PM
I'm nearly at the end of the game, have spliced the three films into one to obtain the film, but didn't grab the cord before I exited that screen. Now when I return to the editing room and that screen, I see the cord but cannot grab it - is there some way to fix this glitch?

The game cannot be completed without the cord, and I'm not about to start all over.....

Go to: