bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Dark Dimensions: Wax Beauty technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 25, 12 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Dark Dimensions: Wax Beauty technical issues here only

[Post New]by SusanBStephens on May 25, 12 5:39 AM
Down loaded this game twice and when I hit play, it carries me to Dark dementions City of fog collectors edition download page.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 25, 12 6:32 AM
Hi Susan...

Don't hit the little Play button on the right, but the large golden one on the left.

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on May 25, 12 9:16 AM
Game continually freezes up and shuts down my computer. A no buy until an update is released and these problems are resolved.

whcnp1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by whcnp1 on May 25, 12 9:56 AM
phisherman wrote:Game continually freezes up and shuts down my computer. A no buy until an update is released and these problems are resolved.

Ditto

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on May 25, 12 11:51 AM
As with the Collector's edition once you find the stone tile and install it in the greenhouse, the game freezes up. I was going to buy this game but will wait until this issue is resolved....*sigh I don't know why this wasn't fixed before they released it...they had to know that it was a problem wouldn't you think?

suzy230
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by suzy230 on May 25, 12 2:27 PM
Since I installed it, I can't get past the loading in the beginning before it freezes...I'm really disappointed.

[Post New]by akeller723 on May 25, 12 3:46 PM
CoolGrammy1 wrote:As with the Collector's edition once you find the stone tile and install it in the greenhouse, the game freezes up. I was going to buy this game but will wait until this issue is resolved....*sigh I don't know why this wasn't fixed before they released it...they had to know that it was a problem wouldn't you think?

Ditto. Annoying.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 25, 12 3:48 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear some of you are running into some freezing and crashing issues with the game. We do have some basic troubleshooting steps you can try on our help article here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the recommendations on that page aren't working, please get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can help. I'd love for you to be able to enjoy the game!

bfgSeine

tinatoerat
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by tinatoerat on May 26, 12 5:15 AM
akeller723 wrote:
CoolGrammy1 wrote:As with the Collector's edition once you find the stone tile and install it in the greenhouse, the game freezes up. I was going to buy this game but will wait until this issue is resolved....*sigh I don't know why this wasn't fixed before they released it...they had to know that it was a problem wouldn't you think?

Ditto. Annoying.

me too.... always hangs just after installing the pentagonal tile.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on May 26, 12 4:12 PM
Hi tinatoerat ,

I’m sorry this game is giving you trouble in this section. If you write into Customer Support, this will help us better track this issue, and in addition to that one of our reps would be happy to take a closer look with you to help out.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

sunloving
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by sunloving on May 26, 12 7:57 PM
I also encountered the frozen screen while rotating the circular disks - in both the CE and now the SE versions. I can't believe this wasn't corrected once the error was reported in the CE version. I was so hoping to purchase this game as I was really enjoying playing it - loved the graphics, intriguing story, good puzzles, but I can't consider it at all until I know the error has been resolved. Very disappointing and I'll make sure to note this particular developer's future game releases as questionable.

[Post New]by mlbear on May 28, 12 5:29 AM
I cannot pick up the test tube (flask) in the green house after I fill it with poison. This effective ends the game for me since I need it to continue.

[Post New]by Tiffanyc0922 on May 28, 12 7:36 AM
I experienced a problem when adding the hacksaw to the inventory. The game froze and then an error popped stating item 29 failure to add to inventory. When I checked the inventory, the item wasn't added which I figured would happen. I know the item is needed somewhere else in the game but I cannot go back and try to retrieve it. Help please

Kathyj77
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Kathyj77 on May 28, 12 6:12 PM
I just had the same thing happen when I went to get the saw. I received an error and sure enough no saw in the inventory!! BUMMER! I think I'm close to the end!!!

Edited on 05/28/2012 at 6:13:30 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on May 29, 12 9:56 AM
Hi Fishies,

Kathyj77, Tiffanyc0922 and mlbear - your issues seem similar and related to working with specific inventory items in the game. If you would, please send the details of the specific errors you're getting to our Tech Support team. They have the tools to see why that's coming up and how best to get it resolved for you. If there is a glitch with the game itself, the information you send will also help us pinpoint where it's coming from and get it fixed that much faster if we can.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

Thank you!!

bfgMonongahela

Kathyj77
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Kathyj77 on May 29, 12 7:45 PM
Thank You !

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Jun 1, 12 9:02 PM
Love the game so far except: Have passed the Medusa Statue and am up to where you put the letter in the steps. In two different scenes, I have 2-3 solid white boxes of various sizes in the scene. Also have these same white boxes (like white sheets of paper) in the inventory. When I demoed this game, this was not there. Anyone else having this problem?

[Post New]by leescomp on Jun 2, 12 9:55 PM
when i try to use the glass to retrieve the poisen liquid in the greenhouse i get an "access violation message" 0x0040e00ee which closes the game....had no probs till then.......help please

[Post New]by leescomp on Jun 2, 12 10:01 PM
when i try to use the glass to retrieve the poisen liquid in the greenhouse i get an "access violation message" 0x0040e00ee which closes the game....had no probs till then.......help please

Go to: