bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Tesla's Tower: The Wardenclyffe Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 26, 12 12:32 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

jackryan
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Post any Tesla's Tower: The Wardenclyffe Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by jackryan on May 26, 12 1:37 AM
Can't get past the loading screen...looks like it could be a good game too

Jeriann64
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Jeriann64 on May 26, 12 1:59 AM
I, also can't get beyond the loading screen. I was really looking forward to playing this game. Alas!!!

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 26, 12 2:33 AM
Hi Fishies,

If this game isn't loading properly for you, you may want to see if an update to one of the components needed to play our games might help. Here is a help article with more information:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game still is giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgRhone

tbcoe
Marlin
Marlin
9,599 Posts

[Post New]by tbcoe on May 26, 12 4:30 AM
I also had trouble just getting to the loading screen. I upgraded my video driver even tho I had just done that the 5th of March. Success!! It is a very good game.

alpha_Tau
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by alpha_Tau on May 26, 12 8:20 AM
Hi fishies,

I also have not been able to get to the loading screen at all. I just get the Windows wait mouse pointer and nothing else happens. I then have to kill the process under Task Manager to close the game. Even though the game never loads, I still lose demo time in Games Manager.

I have tried re-installation; I have also tried all of the system updates, which included a recent graphics card driver update; I have also tried all of the compatibility combinations; all such attempts were to no avail.

Next, I suppose that I will have to try Tech Support.

Best regards,
aT

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on May 26, 12 11:42 AM
Jeriann64 wrote:I, also can't get beyond the loading screen. I was really looking forward to playing this game. Alas!!!

I feel the same way. I did finally get beyond the loading screen and then I got a white screen with "doors" in it. When I waved the mouse around, it would show a hand to pick something up or go somewhere but I always got the white background. This can't be right! Why is this game so much trouble?

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on May 26, 12 1:03 PM
Me, too, for the 'Loading...' issue.

Screen is just black.
I ctrl-alt-del and can then see the Loading screen with music playing.
Nothing happens after that.

Went to check if there were an update for my video card. I have the latest.

Changed my Win7 specialty theme to a Basic one. No difference.

Tried all the suggestions on the Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen help page. XP compatibility caused an Access Violation error. With the others, I had the same results as I had initially.

Darn. I was really looking forward to trying this game after reading the reviews. Hopefully, there will be another suggestion to try or a fix.

Edited to Add:
Major kudos to Big Fish Games Customer Support. (Hi, Lessa) Though we never got this game to work on my system, I really appreciated the personal support. Multiple emails were exchanged and all known avenues exhausted. I recommend that anyone who is having issues should contact the BFG Support team.

I still have hope that the developer might resolve whatever is the issue. We shall see...

Edited to Add:
21 June - Got an automatic update for my AMD HD graphics card today and decided to try this game again. The game now works!!!

Apologies to the developer in thinking that the issue was on their side.

12 August - Bought the game. Tried to play it today. Same issues as I'd had originally.

Edited on 08/12/2012 at 11:09:07 AM PST

[Post New]by spiritdog51 on May 26, 12 1:17 PM
I've been able to play, BUT at certain changes of scenes I do get a black screen for about 15 seconds, it only happens here and there, and it is like some of ERS games that can lag between scenes for me.

That is my tech. problem

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on May 26, 12 3:14 PM
Hi Fishies,

If your game isn't displaying correctly and the steps in our Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen article didn't do the trick, then I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support team. By writing in this helps our team better track any issues so that we can get them resolved more quickly, and a rep will be able to help you individually with your game.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on May 26, 12 3:28 PM
My game loads very slowly too. I was about to give up and ctrl-alt-del out when I noticed that my drive light was flickering like it was working instead of being frozen. Sure enough the game loaded about 10 -15 seconds later. The game takes a long time to load between scenes too. I'll put up with it though. I'm enjoying the game too much to not buy it because of slow loading scenes.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on May 26, 12 7:17 PM
Well d/l went fine...hit 'play'...white screen and music ... it reviewed as such a good game...yes! I have done all the suggestions that is always offered...nothing worked on this game!

banshee10
Clownfish
Clownfish
564 Posts

[Post New]by banshee10 on May 27, 12 5:28 AM
Game works fine until the player reaches the street outside the hotel - short cut scene, dove disappears - screen remains in video mode and I can't go anywhere/ return to the building. Ctlr/alt/delete - same thing happens again.

Too bad, I liked it so far. Will there be an update?

[Post New]by sunshine4154 on May 27, 12 1:14 PM
Same issue as Banshee except my dove never disappeared after the dialog. Was keeping my interest, very intriguing until this...hope a fix is in the works!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on May 27, 12 3:40 PM
Hi everyone,

If you try the suggestions in the help article about Game Crashing/Blank Screen and are still running into trouble, please get in touch with our Tech Support team.

We've created a post here that goes over how to contact them and send in the details of your issue. This information will help us pinpoint where the problem is coming from, and get it fixed that much sooner.

Thanks!

bfgMonongahela

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on May 27, 12 4:09 PM
I also cannot get past the loading screen but because it gives me an error message and causes the game to freeze. Did this happen to anyone else here? I tried re-installing the game but it didn't fix it. All the stuff on my computer is up to date, so I don't know what could be causing this problem. It's a shame because it looks like a good game!

vkacademy
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by vkacademy on May 27, 12 7:19 PM
banshee10 wrote:Game works fine until the player reaches the street outside the hotel - short cut scene, dove disappears - screen remains in video mode and I can't go anywhere/ return to the building. Ctlr/alt/delete - same thing happens again.

Too bad, I liked it so far. Will there be an update?

Same issue here. That scene letterboxes, there is a dialog and then.... it just stays there with no way out of the scene.

mamagrande
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by mamagrande on May 29, 12 10:24 PM
My issue is that I have wrapped, strung, sealed, addressed and stamped the package and keeps telling my all I have left to do is address and stamp...I have but can't pick it up to put it in the mail....Help...am too far along to start over but if I have to I will.

jdlane32
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jdlane32 on May 30, 12 9:28 AM
I've got the same issue with the package as Mamagrande. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, as I don't want to restart the game again. This is the second game I've had to abandon this week due to similar problems. Thanks!

jdlane32
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jdlane32 on May 30, 12 1:58 PM
Operator error on my part. If it helps, I needed to get the signet ring out of the ashes and stamp the seal. Then I could get the package. Now I better go back to the Malice game and see if the error was on my end there as well......

Go to: