bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Tesla's Tower: The Wardenclyffe Mystery

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 26, 12 12:33 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Tesla's Tower: The Wardenclyffe Mystery? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other Fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Tesla's Tower: The Wardenclyffe Mystery page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of Fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Tesla's Tower: The Wardenclyffe Mystery

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 26, 12 12:38 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 26, 12 1:27 AM
Good morning, fishies... We've got a super game today.

This review is based on the demo.

There is only 1 gameplay mode, but there are no sparklies unless you have already clicked on a particular part where you need to do something, and then you will get the odd sparkle.

Forgot to mention: If you declick "Keep Ratio Aspect", then the picture stretches to fill your widescreen monitor.

There is voice-over.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor. The custom cursor is huge, but the system cursor is great. It changes just fine to different things when different actions are needed.

The graphics are wonderfully done.

The iHOS (interactive hidden object scenes) have easy to find objects, and graphics are also very well done in here.

The HINT button, which also works outside of the HOS, and which is on the left, takes about 45 seconds to refill.

Puzzles can be skipped. The SKIP button takes well over a minute to fill. So far I have managed to do the puzzles before the SKIP button filled entirely, so I can't say exactly how long it takes to fill.

If you want your INVENTORY box not to show while not in use, there is a tiny purple-coloured lightbulb on the top left corner of it. Click it, and when the "light" goes off, the inventory will automatically disappear until you move your cursor towards the bottom again.

The JOURNAL is on the right. Inside the journal you will also find MAPS, but they can't be used to jump. You will also find tabs for the story so far, and your goals.

--- --- ---

I love the graphics. Always a huge plus with me.

I love the story and gameplay. This seems to be more of an adventure game with HOS thrown in. Very well done, and I am off to buy.

Edited on 05/26/2012 at 2:03:14 AM PST

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on May 26, 12 1:33 AM
I don't have much to say except the opp of Valdy I give this game all my so sorry I don't like this game at all

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 26, 12 1:51 AM
I beta tested this game and I have been so looking forward to it coming out. I'm very surprised it's an SE and not a CE. But that just means we save more money for a great game. I really like it. The storyline is very different for a change, and quit interesting.The gameplay just flows. I enjoy anything about "Tesla". Widescreen is available, and that make's me so happy! The graphics and animations are great. Nice voiceovers also. This is a must try for sure and a great buy on sale. Enjoy! I'm off to enjoy this treat.

YES: Widescreen
YES: Voiceovers
YES: Journal
YES: Map
YES: HOS
YES: Sparkles
YES: Custom Cursor
Sound: Voice/Enviroment/Music
Theme: Scientific Interesting Adventure

I rate this game: “PIGLET”
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog,Adventure . For true lover's of these types of games.
‘ ‘
(o)

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on May 26, 12 1:58 AM
Based on the demo:

Here's a refreshing change of pace----a sci-fi tale based on several of the facts of the life of the inventor Nikola Tesla. Some of the settings and references are eerily real, such as his lab at Wardenclyffe, his demise at a NY apartment in 1943, and his "mad scientist" persona. Of course, liberal license is taken with this tale----but what a game. Your job is to travel back in time and correct the ether problem created way back, leaving the world colorless and without music. With Tesla as your guide, there is much to do, and much to discover.

The game features excellent graphics, both in and out of the iHOS. The puzzles are fun and not overly difficult. The hint button works as a guide as to what to do next. The voiceovers are good. There is a helpful journal with a map and list of goals as well as the story.

I think it's great when a new-style game comes along that is done as well as this one. Lots to enjoy here. Oh, and you can stretch the screen to fill the wide monitors, a thoughtful plus. Excellent game, excellent value, a buy for me!!!!

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on May 26, 12 2:09 AM
Nice easily navigated game flow completely holds your interest from the start. Nice change of pace from dark and spooky. Science Fiction. Happy Gaming to all.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 26, 12 2:23 AM
I am glad that Valdy took note of everything at the bottom of the screen because I was too busy playing to do more than take items out of the inventory so I didn't even notice there was a journal let alone maps .

There is only one mode of play so you will get glints on items of interest as well as sparkles on the HO scenes but I didn't find them too bad that it spoiled my gameplay, in fact I found the electric current arcing between the two contact points when you had a close up bubble more annoying than them because it caught my eye more than what I was supposed to be looking at.

The white light when you time travel isn't quite as bright as it has been in other games and I had no problem with it but I suggest that all who are susceptible turn your head away from the screen for a few seconds after activating the machine just to be on the safe side. *** See below.

Talking about the storyline I was interested enough to purchase this game as soon as the demo finished.

The voiceovers and graphics are very good and everything is clear to see and there isn't a HO scene every step of the way which pleases me as I prefer a mix and this is what we have here.

While the custom cursor is large I found it very easy to use ... much easier than manipulating some of the puzzle objects ... hint highlight to read keep your cursor on the handle when picking .

Cherb

ETA ...

I this game, it is like a brilliant being able to play with "boys toys" for a change and I am loving the puzzles ... what a delightful change ... more please devs but less flashing lights so others can enjoy too please .

*** I have deleted my comment because, having played the game, I have found that you time travel a few times and also there are a couple of puzzles where some of you might have a problem with the bright flashing lights.

Edited on 05/26/2012 at 11:32:03 AM PST

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on May 26, 12 2:30 AM
We're surprised today with a very good Standard Editon game!
Crisp graphics, very well done voice-overs and an interesting story. Great! This is an adventure/hog right up my alley and I'm having no trouble spending a game credit to be able to play it to the end.

Thanks developers and keep on the good work!

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on May 26, 12 2:41 AM
This is from a developer I do not know, Persha Studia & I am sorry to say I was underwhelmed. The voiceovers are endless & after 5 minutes I wanted to smack Tesla around the head & yell ‘will you shut up’.

There is no choice of gameplay so expect sparkles & glints, the hint recharges at around 45 seconds. The graphics are crisp & the artwork well drawn, rather bluish but that is because colour has been drained from the world.

You get a journal with the story & clues, a task list & you will pick up maps; these are not interactive but do give the layout of your current area. In addition the maps have pins & if you click on one it will show you where it relates to & any pertinent information from the journal.

There are not a lot of hidden object scenes; during my 40 minutes of play I encountered one, some were well hidden. There were more tasks & ranged from very easy, match pairs, match colours, put a picture together to ‘I have no idea what I am doing’ (trying to get the Tesla box started).

Anyway this is definitely not for me simply because of the endless dialogue even though it is skippable.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 26, 12 2:47 AM
I rather like the dialogue, makes the story more interesting for me, and I agree with all the positives. If you don't want the dialogue, you can skip it. The graphics are good, the music fits, and it appears like it is going to be a fun game. Like the puzzles, too, and the hos are just challenging enough for me. Good job, devs, and I look forward to seeing more from you.

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on May 26, 12 3:02 AM
I agree with the positive reviews with one exception: Marie's voice is horrible. Flat, with strange inflections and stresses. Very irritating. Fortunately she doesn't seem to speak that much after the intro--at least so far. I do like Tesla, he's rather fun. I really have to think about this one, due to the bad voiceover (a pet peeve). Definitely as a DD down the road, but do I want to use a precious 1/2 price credit now? I'm not sure, even though it'd really be the same price.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on May 26, 12 3:19 AM
LadyLark wrote:I agree with the positive reviews with one exception: Marie's voice is horrible. Flat, with strange inflections and stresses. Very irritating. Fortunately she doesn't seem to speak that much after the intro--at least so far. I do like Tesla, he's rather fun. I really have to think about this one, due to the bad voiceover (a pet peeve). Definitely as a DD down the road, but do I want to use a precious 1/2 price credit now? I'm not sure, even though it'd really be the same price.

[removed by Moderator]

Edited on 05/26/2012 at 1:11:26 PM PST

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by Freka on May 26, 12 5:10 AM
[removed by Moderator]

Beta-tested this game and bought it immediately.

Edited on 05/26/2012 at 1:13:02 PM PST

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on May 26, 12 5:30 AM
Wow what a great game! Nice clear and crisp graphics, interesting storyline that is not spooky, well done voice overs, unobtrusive music - a perfect game! Just popped out after 10 mins of demo play to buy and write this. Off to play.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on May 26, 12 6:51 AM
Well, Valdy, Cherb, Cbtx, MissLisa--You've all pulled me right in to this Saturday special SE!

I enjoyed about 30 minutes of the demo and decided to take advantage of the weekend sale ('cuz I was getting yelled at by Menr56!).

So far, I've liked the graphics & animations, the voice acting, and the storyline itself. Too much dialogue? No way--it really adds to the theme. And I absolutely like time machine tales! I suspect that this is gonna be more of an adventure than a hidden-object game--only one H0 scene in the first 1/2 hour. OK by me.

Guess the BBQ can wait 'til tomorrow!

Regards, elldee

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on May 26, 12 8:12 AM
A truly brilliant piece of work. Designing all that machinery, especially the big one at the end, and making it so very authentic looking, is a major feat. Wonderfully written, intelligent story, told in an interesting and intriguing way. Terrific graphics, clear as a bell HOS, but just a few of them, which I really appreciated. Technically perfect, not a glitch in sight. Doable puzzles. Good voices and music.

And not a short game at all, as I suspected from the demo and WT. Took me 6 hrs and I enjoyed every minute of it.

I am terribly impressed by this. These devs are really, really clever and they have given us an outstanding game.

I have not heard of them before, but I sure hope to hear from them again.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on May 26, 12 8:30 AM
I'd buy this one for the cat alone! Soooo cute! Toss Tesla into the mix (so very Mythbusters!) and I can't resist.

This one really is a gem! Great graphics & subtlly unique touches - like effects on various fonts etc. - seems there will be lots of attention to details in this game! Had to tear myself away from the game to post review & take advantage of holiday sale to buy! It's so lovely when there's a sale and a game worth using the code on!

I'm with those who enjoy the dialogue - I like dialogue that advances a story & enriches the characters In some games you just get dialogue to let you know what your next task is - that gets annoying...

There does seem to be an awful lot of color in the "colorless" world - but I'll give the devs a pass on that one - I'm not to the past yet & maybe it will be uber vibrant by comparison?

Runs very smoothly, scene transitions are swift & custom cursor isn't sluggy. Having a journal a map and a task list really add to the game as well!

Thumbs up to the devs and BFG for giving us a memorable Memorial Day treat! Happy Gaming!

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on May 26, 12 8:40 AM
MEnr56 wrote:
LadyLark wrote:I agree with the positive reviews with one exception: Marie's voice is horrible. Flat, with strange inflections and stresses. Very irritating. Fortunately she doesn't seem to speak that much after the intro--at least so far. I do like Tesla, he's rather fun. I really have to think about this one, due to the bad voiceover (a pet peeve). Definitely as a DD down the road, but do I want to use a precious 1/2 price credit now? I'm not sure, even though it'd really be the same price.

[removed by Moderator]

[removed by Moderator].

Edited on 05/26/2012 at 1:14:55 PM PST

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on May 26, 12 9:28 AM

Edited on 05/26/2012 at 1:16:11 PM PST

Go to: