next step and that's such a waste. I'll give it another try
at a later date.

Safarri
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Comments

[Post New]by Safarri on May 26, 12 10:21 AM
It's not the game, I played for 30 min and find it one of the better ones. I'm hesitating because of Dark Dimensions: City of Fog technical issues and, it appears, this one has issues also. I got most of the way through City of Fog and had to uninstall and change player and start all over. I was so frustrated I haven't even stuck to it long enough to see if my City of Fog issue is resolved. At this point I don't want to risk it, even at the holiday price.

[Post New]by chrissy0531 on May 27, 12 6:39 AM
there is a h/o scene where you have to peel an apple....i cant get it to peel..anybody else havin this issue?
never mind, i got it

Edited on 05/27/2012 at 6:44:29 AM PST

banshee10
Clownfish
Clownfish
564 Posts

[Post New]by banshee10 on May 29, 12 11:31 AM
I love it - though I must admit that I miss Vincent Price

One thing that bothered me: I appreciate games with puzzles/ mini games that are not the same old, same old, and I really like it when you have to THINK a little. That's one of the things I liked in Dark Dimensions: City of Fog, and I do like it here.

But: I can't remember when/ if I've last/ ever played a game where so many puzzles were so badly explained. Usually I try everything to find out what I'm supposed to do (that's part of the fun), and most of the time I succeed. Wax Beauty? Might have been some synapses (the ones which are responsible for logic) that had been covered in wax....

Maybe it's because the developers are no native speakers, maybe it's because I'm no native speaker.

Felt like desperately trying to decipher a chinese instruction.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on May 30, 12 9:28 AM
I liked the game OK but it did get tiring to play The journal sparkles all the time until we click on it...but even though most of what is in there is what we read when we find something there are a few helpful clues. The swirly hint system is "pretty" but I don't think it needs to be like that...sometimes I would look at where it was going instead of where it wound up! The graphics were quite nice although I would have liked to see more of the museum itself instead of finding wax figures all over town... Some of the puzzles were really difficult to figure out how to play - much less finish - them, so I found myself skipping some. The H0 scenes were kind of different and fun.

I really did NOT like the ending.

Baja
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Glitch's in game,AGAIN!!!!

[Post New]by Baja on Jun 5, 12 2:04 PM
Well, once again I am almost finished with a game and there is a glitch.
Find the hacksaw, click to pick it up and it disappears.
Does not reappear and not in Inventory. Consequently, I cannot finish the game. This is the fourth game within this last five weeks with a problem and no fix. It is obvious from other comments that this and other glitches were known about and no fix and no warning made.
I have even in the past e-mailed and I actually received a response( Surprise!). I was told that a fix would be made for a particular game and I would be notified. That was two months ago and never a response or fix, that I know of.
Over the past five years and I cannot even imagine the wasted money I have spent on problem games .
Maybe BIGFish should stop"a new game every day" and make sure the games they do sell actually work!
Does anyone know of another game purchase site that is comparable to BIGFish, but has better quallity control and cusomer service??

lovetoocraft
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by lovetoocraft on Jun 5, 12 8:21 PM
Baja,
Contact Customer support and they will give you a credit for this game. They are very good about this.

This is a great game, and I am also having problems in a different area, and will probably have to ask for a credit. Seems I cannot finish and I am near the end. UGG

Baja
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Baja on Jun 10, 12 12:10 PM
LOVETOCRAFT,
Thank you for the suggestions!
Baja

[Post New]by Wendowlene on Jun 13, 12 11:21 AM
What's the knack for getting the items to work with each other in the HOS? I'm spending hours on each one just trying to get two items to form the one "hidden item"

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jun 13, 12 7:40 PM
Wendowlene wrote:What's the knack for getting the items to work with each other in the HOS? I'm spending hours on each one just trying to get two items to form the one "hidden item"

Once you have picked up an item to use on another item, use the cursor to aim for the second item.

For example, to use the pick on the ore and get a diamond:

Before you take the pick, move your mouse over the ore to see exactly where the gears appear. Then take the pick and put the cursor in the middle of the pick over the spot where the gears were. Don't try to use the end of the pick. Use the cursor to aim for the gears.

laffinlady
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by laffinlady on Jul 14, 12 2:05 PM
Agree with the critcisms about the darn journal seeming to sparkle every time you do something. It was very distracting. I enjoyed the game, though, and played it until the end (which was abrupt).

Hacksaw

[Post New]by Cavtrooper70 on Aug 3, 12 6:56 PM
I'm enjoying the game. I never sit for hours trying to finish it in one sitting. I won' t play for a week at times. then get back in to it. Got a problem tonight though . went into the Wax Museum before getting the hacksaw from the luggage under the tree. ! Re-booted, restarted from power off.Nothing, ANYONE out there got any ideas how my dumb **** can get the saw ? HELP !!! Please, and thank you in advance,

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Hacksaw

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 4, 12 11:35 AM
Cavtrooper70 wrote: I'm enjoying the game. I never sit for hours trying to finish it in one sitting. I won' t play for a week at times. then get back in to it. Got a problem tonight though . went into the Wax Museum before getting the hacksaw from the luggage under the tree. ! Re-booted, restarted from power off.Nothing, ANYONE out there got any ideas how my dumb **** can get the saw ? HELP !!! Please, and thank you in advance,

You can just back out of the wax museum. Just move the mouse around near the bottom until you get a back arrow. You actually have to go back out, because you can't enter the museum itself until you find a way to cross that gap and you need the hacksaw to do it.

Hacksaw

[Post New]by Cavtrooper70 on Aug 7, 12 7:06 PM
Hi Burf90 First thing I tried was backing, went all the way to beging, nothing. I just back of the museum,look at the tree and now,the suitcase is gone too ? Thanks for your time.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 8, 12 9:08 PM
Are you sure you're looking in the right area for the tree with the luggage under it? It's not outside of the wax museum. It's outside of the fortune teller's house, where the big robot is. At least you got out of the wax museum.

Go to: