Bonus levels?

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

Bonus levels?

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on May 27, 12 11:24 PM
Yikes! I obsessed over this game all day, and finally made it through the regular levels with all gold. Then I started the bonus levels...

I can barely finish on time, much less with a medal. And, the strategy guide doesn't cover the bonus levels. I have absolutely no idea how I'm supposed to complete the goals - especially collecting all the gold - on even the first level! It's not particularly well explained, either.

Anybody have any ideas???

To bed now. My mouse hand hurts. My own fault!!!

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

Re:Bonus levels?

[Post New]by MargieB on May 28, 12 6:04 AM
Hello Slavicdiva,

The game does have a walkthrough for all the levels in the game including the bonus level integrated into the guide. I'll copy and paste it here for you. It was written by LuckySmile The letters in parenthesis refer to the sections marked in the screenshot.

Spoiler Alert!!!

Bonus Level 1 Goals: Collect gold (100); build camps (2); build barricades (4); ruin everything (5).

An important note about the bonus levels: You will play the former “enemies” here. Except for one level there is no skill charger, you cannot upgrade production buildings, so timing is even more essential.

Collect enough food and wood to upgrade your hut twice.

Activate either run or production skill whenever possible.

Clear your way to the quarry (A), the lumber mill (B ), and the farm (C).

The most important thing in this stage of the level is to collect as much food, stone, and wood as possible and to continually trade it in for gold at the traders marked in blue. Also collect gold chests whenever possible.

As soon as you have 100 units of gold immediately stop trading and concentrate on collecting food, wood, and stone.

Build the two camps and the four barricades marked in black.

Destroy the barracks (D) and the hut (E).

Make sure that you have enough gold and food to destroy the lumber mill, the quarry, and the farm in order to complete the level.

MargieB

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on May 28, 12 9:21 AM
Sorry I don't understand. You mean there is only 1 bonus level, because you have only given the strategy for one, or are the others in the walkthrough in the game?

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on May 28, 12 10:09 AM
Hi Margie B!

Thanks for the strategy for the first Bons level!

I am feeling pretty stupid right now - I cannot find the strategy guide for the bonus levels. There is no question mark button in the upper left corner of my screen when I start the bonus levels, and the strategy guide in the "extras" menu only goes to Level 40 - the last regular level.

What am I missing? Any clues as to the location of the strategy guide for the bonus levels would be greatly appreciated!

GoThDoLL
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Bonus levels?

[Post New]by GoThDoLL on May 28, 12 11:05 AM
Slavicdiva wrote:Yikes! I obsessed over this game all day, and finally made it through the regular levels with all gold. Then I started the bonus levels...

I can barely finish on time, much less with a medal. And, the strategy guide doesn't cover the bonus levels. I have absolutely no idea how I'm supposed to complete the goals - especially collecting all the gold - on even the first level! It's not particularly well explained, either.

Anybody have any ideas???

To bed now. My mouse hand hurts. My own fault!!!

Somebody said there were 40 lvls in the main part of the game, before bonus lvls; can somebody tell how many lvls in the main game there are?

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 28, 12 1:11 PM
barregar wrote:Sorry I don't understand. You mean there is only 1 bonus level, because you have only given the strategy for one, or are the others in the walkthrough in the game?

Hi barregar,

Slavicdiva said in their post that they could not get past the first Bonus level so I only posted the first one here. The walkthrough for all the levels should be integrated into the game.

Good Luck!

MargieB

Edited on 05/28/2012 at 1:15:55 PM PST

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 28, 12 1:15 PM
Slavicdiva wrote:Hi Margie B!

Thanks for the strategy for the first Bons level!

I am feeling pretty stupid right now - I cannot find the strategy guide for the bonus levels. There is no question mark button in the upper left corner of my screen when I start the bonus levels, and the strategy guide in the "extras" menu only goes to Level 40 - the last regular level.

What am I missing? Any clues as to the location of the strategy guide for the bonus levels would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Slavicdiva,

I work for Big Fish Games and I am in charge of the Strategy Guides for the site. I did not personally write the guide for this game but we did submit the guide to the developer, the information I sent you came from my personal files.

No reason to feel that way, sometimes finding the guides can be a bit confusing. I am not sure how to access this particular guide in the game but I will download the game when I get a chance and see what I can find. I am off until this Wednesday so you may not get an answer from me right away but I will do the best I can to get back to you as soon as I can.

MargieB

Edited on 05/28/2012 at 1:18:31 PM PST

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on May 28, 12 1:23 PM
Thanks again, Margie B! I was able to get gold on all but one of the bonus levels without the Strategy Guide (I try to figure stuff out myself before using it).

The level where you have to build 10 camps (I think it's next-to-last) completely stumped me, and the best I could do was silver.

dexter3657
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by dexter3657 on May 28, 12 1:35 PM
Can someone please confirm how many levels in the main game? and how many bonus levels?

Thanks,

Dex

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on May 28, 12 5:57 PM
dexter3657 wrote:Can someone please confirm how many levels in the main game? and how many bonus levels?

Thanks,

Dex

There are 40 regular levels and 6 bonus levels.

And, no, there does not appear to be a strategy guide for the 6 bonus levels included with the game.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on May 28, 12 6:50 PM
The general strategy of upgrading to get as many thieves as possible as fast as possible then using speed and fast production to meet the gather 100 of whatever goals works on all levels. Once you gather the required amount (which is pretty easy when you have lots of thieves), you can build your camps and destroy everything pretty quickly.

I could barely finish the levels when I tried other tactics--no problem at all with this general plan.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 30, 12 10:13 AM
Slavicdiva wrote:Thanks again, Margie B! I was able to get gold on all but one of the bonus levels without the Strategy Guide (I try to figure stuff out myself before using it).

The level where you have to build 10 camps (I think it's next-to-last) completely stumped me, and the best I could do was silver.

Hey Slavicdiva,

I assume you beat that one pesky level by now , I am still not sure where they put the Bonus Level Solutions in the guide but I'll post the steps in the forums for anyone that may need it.

Have a great day!

MargieB

amminnc
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by amminnc on May 31, 12 5:04 AM
Slavicdiva -- what was your strategy on level 40? I've stocked up on food and market stuff but all other buildings are blocked until the barracks are built. Then the trolls/thieves attack and burn everything. No wood to rebuild. Can't even get silver let alone gold. Please share!

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Jun 2, 12 6:36 AM
Lol I wanted to get this game, but I am not getting a Ce for 6 bonus levels.

Peace1369
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by Peace1369 on Jun 2, 12 4:39 PM
Gotta admit I am dissapointed to purchase a CE and then only have six bonus levels. Not sure why I bought it now lol. Never used the Strategy Guides managed to get the gold without. Only bought it figuring it would have a lot more bonus levels like Royal Envoy did. Loved the game but can't believe that I finished it in three days. And two of those days I worked 9 hours at work. Three hours till bedtime and no more game LOL.

boogienites
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

Bonus Level 5

[Post New]by boogienites on Jun 5, 12 11:11 AM
I have played Bonus Level 5 three times but cannot find where to build the last 2 camps!! According to 'goals' there are 4 barracks, but I can only find 2. Does anyone know where the last 2 barracks are? (I found all the blockades, but cannot find the last 2 barracks). HELP!!!

[Post New]by pony0011 on Jun 5, 12 9:25 PM
They last two are back by the castle

AeronAoife
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by AeronAoife on Jun 14, 12 5:01 PM
Since it's been confirmed that there are only six bonus levels, I'll wait until the SE is released to get this. For a CE price, I'd expect to have at least as many extra levels as in the base game, like Royal Envoy has. Just adding the integrated guide doesn't cut it for double the price - I'd only pay an extra dollar for that.

jillyc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by jillyc on Jun 28, 12 3:55 AM
To AeronAoife and others who are waiting for the regular Edition Of Kings Chronicles. GOOD Decision. It's a great game, but the strategy guide is very limited compared to other CE games and only 6 bonus levels. Also there is no way to compare your time from one attempt to another (no score and/or time posted on the map). Good game, but needs a bit of tweaking.

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Jul 15, 12 11:57 PM
I was able to get gold on everything but Bonus level 1. Arrgh! I've tried several different strategies, and have come close, but no gold...

I think it's a hoot to play on the other side. However, I think it's wrong that when you are with the good guys you can't work when a mercenary or ogre is around, but when you're on the bad side those pesky good guys 'steal' all the supplies despite your mercenaries and ogres.

Go to: