bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Burger Bustle: Ellie's Organics

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 28, 12 12:41 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Burger Bustle: Ellie's Organics? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Burger Bustle: Ellie's Organics page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Burger Bustle: Ellie's Organics

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 28, 12 12:41 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on May 28, 12 1:09 AM
(I just wrote 90% of my review and accidentally closed the tab, so this might be shorter! LoL)

This is from the demo.

I'm glad to see a non-resource collecting/building Time Management game. I prefer this kind, for some reason. The game has the standard good-gal fights bad-boss storyline, although I don't really mind, since I don't play TM games for the story, usually.

The graphics are cute, although nothing special.

The voices! Ack, they're so annoying! Luckily (and thankfully), the developers included sound sliders for voices, music, and sounds, so I turned the voices button right on down!

I like that you can hire workers at will, if you have the money. Then you can assign them to whatever task you'd like, and you can also drag them to a new station if you'd like them there instead. That's a nice feature.

There are awards to earn, but they're kind of passively earned. As you move up on the restaurant competition chart, you get awards. Some of them unlock some useful upgrades, from what I've seen so far.

You have to unlock casual mode and extreme mode, which is kind of weird. So, until you unlock casual, you have to play timed. I'm not sure what happens when you run out of time, since that hasn't happened to me yet. I never felt terribly rushed while playing, though.

I haven't played the first Burger Bustle, so I can't really compare the two.

All in all, I really like this game, and I already used a punch card credit on it.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on May 28, 12 1:20 AM
I loved the first Burger Bustle so I just had to try this one. This time we're in an organic restaurant, there are now full entrees and people want it hot! I've made it through the first 7 levels and have 20 minutes left of my demo but I'm definitely buying this one. It already seems a little more challenging than the first one.

The number of levels looks about the same, there are voiceovers, graphics are good, fills my monitor although it's still fullscreen - it's like the Farm Frenzy Viking game where there's artwork filling the rest of the screen in.

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on May 28, 12 5:33 AM
Very nice game! Bought it immediately after the demo was over. The basic gameplay is the same as in the first Burger Bustle. Most of the dishes are the same as well, as are the graphics. You can choose to skip the tutorial at the beginning of the game - big plus for that one! I hate being forced playing tutorials for games I already know.

Still, there are some new features as well:
1. You play in restaurants all over the world, each restaurant is in a new country. It doesn't affect gameplay (some local dishes would have been nice), but the decorations and look of the restaurant is slightly different, so that's a nice touch.
2. Updates have an impact. In the last version (if I remember correctly) you could choose updates, but they were just for decorational purposes. Here, there are three types of update: raising the burger price, raising tips, raising customer patience. They are also decorational and you have two looks to choose from per update, which is another nice touch.
3. I played the first two restaurants during the demo. Some added features: burgers get cold after a while and some customers understandably want a hot burger, so you have to either be really quick or heat the burger up in the microwave. - As of the last levels of the second restaurant, there is a new menu, which helps customers make decisions more quickly. This really heats the pace of the game up.
4. At the end of each level, there is a donation basket and you have to right-click the food you still have so that it goes in the basket. The effect is not very noticeable: you get an extra smile if you manage to put all food into the basket on time (and a smile is deducted if you don't), but most of the time you have the required smiles anyway and so the added smile makes no difference.

One thing they haven't changed: in some levels a certain amount of one or more dishes have to be sold. However, people just don't order those dishes for quite a while and it's impossible to get gold on these levels, though no fault of your own. Annoying .

Also, the burgers with ketchup don't hover on the cursor, to be delivered with one right click. They drop on the ketchup table plate and now need two clicks. Minor thing, but in frantic levels it does make a difference.

The organic theme is nice but unfortunately doesn't have much impact on the gameplay.

Still - great game, very enjoyable and highly recommended!

MsHamster
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by MsHamster on May 28, 12 1:49 PM
Enjoyed the demo, nice to see a few TM games coming out close together - c'mon BFG, more TMs, less HOGs.

Debating if I will use a credit on this, but it is definitely tempting as I don't have any of this style TM.

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on May 29, 12 8:05 AM
had lots of fun with the first one and i'm enjoying this second installment very much. i got it with a credit. the only gripe i have is the same as in the first one, when you are required to sell so many of a food and the customers simply won't order it before the timer runs out. that is very frustrating and i wish the developers would address that issue and get rid of it. the story is a little over the top with the totally evil and nefarious corporate bad guy trying to take down the organic earth friendly rival (he even has a hooked nose and i was at some point expecting him to tie her to some train tracks even lol). otherwise it's a lot of fun and is pretty challenging as well as long lasting. anyone who liked the first one will enjoy this one as well and the updates are really very nice additions minus the 2 click ketchup thing which i didn't care for.

happy gaming

Nortank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by Nortank on May 29, 12 1:30 PM
Not a buy for me. Firstly, changing the options before you begin to play doesn't work. I got music and loud voices. Secondly, it doesn't work with my Wacom tablet, which makes this a corpal tunnel killer. Third, not really all that entertaining.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on May 29, 12 3:34 PM
we do not like this type of game.------doug & lisa

Geluvweez
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Geluvweez on May 29, 12 7:30 PM
like the demo but will only get it when there is a sale

Lisa_111
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa_111 on May 30, 12 12:32 PM
I like the graphics and I find it a game to really take my stress of the day away. I'll update as I finish.

Lisa

[Post New]by suedid on Jun 1, 12 8:55 PM
I like the game too, and bought it when the demo ended. However, I typically use relaxed mode to get used to a game, but in BB you have to get to number 2 on the top players list before it unlocks... so you need to play higher-intensity modes before relaxed... this is really counter-intuitive and I HOPE its an unintended glitch!

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Jun 8, 12 11:19 AM
I would have liked to have seen more food choices than the same old burgers and chicken. Maybe do ethnic foods from each of the countries instead of repeating the same ones over and over.
It was fun but too repetitive.

Jman8099
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by Jman8099 on Jun 8, 12 3:22 PM
That sounds like a hard game.

[Post New]by StarSeeker1043 on Jun 9, 12 2:29 PM
lisablue4369 wrote:we do not like this type of game.------doug & lisa

Then don't play it. It's not about whether or not you like this type of game, it's what you THINK of the game once you've played some of it.

As for me, I like the game a lot, as I enjoyed the first BB. I'd love it, though, if they'd come out with another bustle game with different types of food, like maybe a Pizza Bustle or something other than sandwiches. Yes, in BB2 there are different occasional meal types, but it's only like maybe once or twice per level.

Also, I wish they'd stop making it so hard to open casual mode. I think giving us the option of playing either timed or casual from the get-go would be nice, so we can play whichever mode we're in the mood for at the time.

Edited on 06/09/2012 at 2:33:30 PM PST

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Jun 10, 12 1:17 PM
This is a cute game. I find most all the food games fun. It is not as fun as Burger Shop 1 & 2, but still fun. I did purchase it.

[Post New]by j_tobergte on Jun 11, 12 12:14 PM
Hi there..

This is a great quality game!
The only worse thing is the balancing! =(
Like in the first "Burger Bustle" there are some stinky-bomb-levels inside!
To get gold on all levels you have to play over and over again..
That's not much fun! You have to be lucky..

Maybe, some of the game-designers may think about this..
I played the full-version.. Like the first one.
But - PLEASE - think about the balancing the next time.

I'm a game develpoper myself and i know it's hard to keep the fun of a game in mind! Tanks for this nice game.. =)

Very fun, fast and fantanstic game. I did not want to stop after 1 hour trialso I bougt it. At lea

[Post New]by LuckyHappy on Jun 20, 12 10:50 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Burger Bustle: Ellie's Organics? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Burger Bustle: Ellie's Organics page <a href="http://bigfi.sh/KhF4Os">here</a>.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1872">Big Fish Game Reviews</a> for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/211876.page#4316024>here</a>.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Very fun, fast and fantanstic game. I did not want to stop after 1 hour trialso I bougt it. At lea

[Post New]by LuckyHappy on Jun 20, 12 10:52 AM

What do you think of Burger Bustle: Ellie's Organics? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Burger Bustle: Ellie's Organics page <a href="http://bigfi.sh/KhF4Os">here</a>.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1872">Big Fish Game Reviews</a> for more information.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/211876.page#4316024>here</a>.

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Very fun, fast and fantanstic game. I did not want to stop after 1 hour trial so I bougt it.

[Post New]by LuckyHappy on Jun 20, 12 11:00 AM

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Go to: