Senior Citizens sign in!!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Feb 21, 18 12:15 PM
Still no Beijing update here 9am Thursday so I might look at the Everest thing later today when I can count on 4 hours hopefully and finish out Paris 100% - maybe

Pavanne
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Pavanne on Feb 21, 18 1:37 PM
No Beijing here either - 9.30 pm Weds UK time - but I’m tired of getting a pop-up telling me to update to Beijing. The x doesn’t work to close the pop-up so I have to go to ‘update now’. This takes me to GD in App Store which shows The version including Beijing but I haven’t had the update. This is something I haven’t seen before - not too worried because I’ve got a few cities to do before Beijing but I wish the pop-up would go away. This is happening on both iPad and iPhone. I’ve also had lots of instances when game tells me device and server are different but this is only on iPad, hopefully it will all sort itself out, even if I have to wait for the next update!

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 21, 18 4:39 PM
I am having second thoughts about Beijing being OK. Have found that there are quite a lot of very tricky levels that could so easily go either way and have pulled me up a number of times since opening this city yesterday. It could be I am having a run of bad gummy Gods, but they haven't smiled on me terribly much. I have got to level 29 though, but its been touch and go with many levels. I am finding that some of them require a run through just to get a really good feel of how the level works, be prepared to lose it and start afresh, but then, it just seems to get even trickier and I lose life after life and refuse to give in and use boosts unless desperate. I still have to leave my ipad turned on and GD open in order to have the clock countdown to replenish lives AND ship the resources. If I turn the ipad off (as I do have a life as well) it all just stops counting down. This issue has not been fixed. At least its not taking 7+ hours or so to replenish a life though, unless I forget and actually turn it off, but its such a pain having to leave the ipad turned on all these hours endlessly.

Pavanne
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Pavanne on Feb 22, 18 1:03 AM
Finally able to get the update this morning - 22nd, in App Store it shows as being available 2 days ago but software update required this morning so maybe the GD update couldn’t be installed until iOS update done.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 22, 18 3:39 AM
It appears that sometimes even if you don't leave a city quickly after getting your tenth item that the reward from it doesn't fire automatically. This happened to me in Beijing for the first set of ten. I got the tenth belt, and saw the belt go to the person. I moved the view back to level 11 to continue, but wasn't doing it quickly. After getting 11 to gold I checked the belt person and he was still there. I tapped him and some pouch or something flew to his hands, then after a second or two he poofed into the resources.

Edited on 02/22/2018 at 3:39:51 AM PST

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Feb 22, 18 9:47 AM
lordkalvan, there was a variant of the problem of rewards not being awarded properly a while back. Moving from the resource centre before contents were transferred to the totals at the top could mean they never got added. At least in the situation you have seen, the resource is released once the person is clicked on.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 22, 18 10:59 AM
GD posted today on Facebook:
A new event city opens tomorrow! Can you guess where we're heading?

The pic looks like an Alpine ski resort maybe.....

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 22, 18 2:15 PM
If its an Alpine ski resort event city, maybe it was meant to be for the winter Olympics, but they didn't get it out in time? They are nearly over now. Its too far out to Easter, even St Patricks day is still a little while away. Or is it perhaps another Everest or blizzard Everest? Guess we will find out soon enough.

Maybe its visiting the Harbin International Ice and Snow Sculpture Festival? Thats on in the next few days. But the pic does look like it might be in the Swiss Alps perhaps?

Edited on 02/22/2018 at 2:25:07 PM PST

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Feb 23, 18 4:41 AM
It is an Alpine ski resort. I've got through the first 2 monuments without using any boosts so not too difficult. One or two levels have required a little persistence.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 23, 18 5:35 AM
Except it's not in the Alps. Canada, up near Alaska.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 23, 18 5:58 AM
The Swiss Alps was just a guess, Powder Peak has just hit my ipad and yes, I can see its in Canada. I love the opening scene pic on it, in fact, I think thats a new favourite.

Weatherup
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Powder Peak 9

[Post New]by Weatherup on Feb 23, 18 11:34 AM
Level 9. Tried 8 times and used all the free sun boosts and still couldn't get it. Giving up on this one. Board is too small.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Powder Peak 9

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 23, 18 4:14 PM
Weatherup wrote:Level 9. Tried 8 times and used all the free sun boosts and still couldn't get it. Giving up on this one. Board is too small.

You don't need sun boosts for this one, just luck. I could have won the first time I tried if I had used two shovels. The second try I got lucky and won tier one. I'm not going to try for tier two though.

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

Powder Peak 9

[Post New]by keitht53 on Feb 24, 18 3:00 AM
lordkalvan wrote:
Weatherup wrote:Level 9. Tried 8 times and used all the free sun boosts and still couldn't get it. Giving up on this one. Board is too small.

You don't need sun boosts for this one, just luck. I could have won the first time I tried if I had used two shovels. The second try I got lucky and won tier one. I'm not going to try for tier two though.

I agree about needing luck rather than boosts. I completed tier two at the fourth attempt. First 3 or 4 moves resulted in shuffle and one of those destroyed one of the ice makers. I was going to use a shovel to remove the 2nd but got a match with one segment remaining. After that it was pretty straightforward.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 24, 18 4:12 AM
I am not sure that Powder Peak is in Canada, the 'monument' that you build after level 20 says its the Breckenridge Ski Resort, so I looked that up as was not familiar with it, its in Colorado and that has another 2 US states to the north between Colorado and the border of Canada. But I guess its also a 'mythical' place on the GD map, so it doesn't matter that much, just pointing this out. The pics of Breckenridge look like its a gorgeous place anyway. But if they can get the placement of Copenhagen wrong on the GD map, maybe if its meant to be in the USA but they put it in Canada, could just be another matter of 'pin the tail on the donkey'????

[Post New]by cardiganmom on Feb 24, 18 6:58 AM
Berlin level 96, tier 3
Does anyone have any suggestions for solving this level at tier 3? I have searched in the Berlin City Directory, but apparently no one else had any trouble with this level. It looks impossible to solve without using several lightning bolts to clear the 4 corners. Any help would be much appreciated.

famvir3
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by famvir3 on Feb 24, 18 5:56 PM
Cardiganmom, I just had a look at 96 Berlin tier 3 and was able to clear it by making 2 lightening bolts, and matching them with colored bombs. Then I made sure that there was a matching color gummy close to one of the corners, and another matching gummy in the corner. If you are lucky, you might be able to clear three corners by matching one lightening bolt with a bomb and place three of the bomb colored gummies close to the corners.

Otherwise, you would have the make four bolts and match with the correct color gummy, a much harder prospect.

Edited on 02/24/2018 at 6:00:57 PM PST

CliveJ
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by CliveJ on Feb 24, 18 6:34 PM
OOo_jules_oOO wrote: But if they can get the placement of Copenhagen wrong on the GD map, maybe if its meant to be in the USA but they put it in Canada, could just be another matter of 'pin the tail on the donkey'????

Oddly enough, when I completed Copenhagen the marker with the tick appeared in the right location!
As they've placed Powder Peak to the North of Vancouver, I'd assume it's meant to be in Canada (if it matters!)

Edited on 02/24/2018 at 7:09:08 PM PST

[Post New]by cardiganmom on Feb 25, 18 6:01 AM
Thanks for the tip famvir3. I can see how that would work. I've tried your suggestion 3 times this morning, but no luck. It's tricky trying to get a coloured bomb next to the bolt and keep the same coloured gummies in position near the corners. Quite an interesting challenge. This is one of those levels that require luck and a lot of patience....sigh. If I have a chance, I will also try swapping 2 lightning bolts together. I think that might work too. Thanks again.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Feb 26, 18 11:25 AM
Is it just me or is Powder Peak quite a lot more difficult than the previous couple of specials? I think I will give it a miss as I just got the marathon which is way more fun!

Go to: