Flask on bunsen burner

[Post New]by Pixyminxy on May 29, 12 7:10 PM
Have put water in plus cobra egg placed bunsen burner and lit. Will not let me pick up flask just gives the wheels implying something else to be done?

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

Re:Flask on bunsen burner

[Post New]by elijah5 on May 30, 12 9:28 PM
Try clicking in the middle of the flask, to pick up.

OzAngler
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by OzAngler on Jun 2, 12 5:26 PM
I too cannot pick up the flask, I have clicked all over it and it will not budge, I uninstalled the game as I thought it might have been a glitch reinstalled it and still the same

lovetoocraft
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by lovetoocraft on Jun 5, 12 7:58 PM
Guess I will add my name to this list too. I have placed the burner under the flask and lit the burner. The egg and water are added to the flask.

The potion is green and boiling, but will not allow me to pick it up. I get the same wheels indicating I need to do something else.

Per the WT, I have done everything I needed to do.

If someone finds the solution, please let us know.

[Post New]by memebillie on Jun 7, 12 8:12 AM
I to have the lovely boiling green goo in the flask over the burner - but can not
pick up, get wheels like others.

Hope someone and solve this problem (glitch) soon, can not continue the game
as it stand now - very frustrating!!!!!!

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Jun 7, 12 4:14 PM
I seen this problem posted earlier so was dreading getting to that part but I've just finished that bit and was able to pick up the liquid okay.

Sorry wish I could be of some help but it sounds like you all have done what needs to be done and so there's nothing I can suggest.

If you back out of that scene with the bunsen burner, what does the hint button tell you to do?

[Post New]by memebillie on Jun 8, 12 10:37 PM
Will try another option - perhaps there is something else I need to do first.
At this point I have the following items in my inventory - New Life Symbol, Old Life Symbol, Red Lake Souvenir, bottle with wax, honeycomb, ether, and lighter.
Should I still have all of these things or have I missed using something?
Any ideas would be welcome!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jun 10, 12 8:54 PM
Memebillie, I don't know if this will make a difference, but did you look at (click on) the Venus flytrap in the previous room? It's on the left and you get a comment like "This plant needs nourishment" when you click on it. Maybe you have to "notice" it before you make the potion.

Also, you say you have a lovely boiling green goo in the flask. Is it actually green/brown or bright green? If bright green, the potion isn't finished.

I can't think of anything else you might have missed, based on your inventory.

[Post New]by memebillie on Jun 14, 12 8:40 PM

burf90 - Thanks so much for the ideas. However when I click on the Venus Flytrap, the message I get is the plant is on it's last gasp!
Still does not change anything in the other room with the flask and burner.
Guess it is just time to give up and move on to another game.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jun 15, 12 11:43 AM
I'm sorry that didn't help. The only other thing I can think of to try is to uninstall and reinstall both the Game Manager and the game, then download the game again (Game Manager reinstalls itself when you install the game.) When I do this, I uninstall in Safe Mode, reboot, turn off my anti-virus, redownload & install, then turn on the A/V again.

Did you update all the usual - Flash Player, Shockwave, DirectX, Java, etc.? Is your Windows up to date? Do you have the latest graphics card drivers?

And you can always contact BFG Customer Support (Click the green envelope on the right side of this page). They have always been very helpful and knowledgeable whenever I have contacted them via e-mail. (I've never used the Chat feature, so I can't comment on that.)

Good luck!

[Post New]by gam143 on Jun 20, 12 2:53 PM
memebillie wrote:Will try another option - perhaps there is something else I need to do first.
At this point I have the following items in my inventory - New Life Symbol, Old Life Symbol, Red Lake Souvenir, bottle with wax, honeycomb, ether, and lighter.

[Post New]by gam143 on Jun 20, 12 2:56 PM
gam143 wrote:
memebillie wrote:Will try another option - perhaps there is something else I need to do first.

I was stuck at the flask also. It would not react so I tried placing the new life smybol as a last ditch effort and it worked. I finally finshed the game

laffinlady
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by laffinlady on Jul 14, 12 2:03 PM
Try adding other things to the potion, such as the ether.

skippystwin
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by skippystwin on Jul 15, 12 1:49 PM
That's exactly what I just did! Touched the new life to it and it was ready.

Go to: