bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Cheatbusters

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 30, 12 12:29 AM
Put on your detective hat and help uncover the secret of a lowly bank clerk in Cheatbusters! You have been hired by a woman to discover the truth of her beloved man. She became suspicious after seeing receipts for expensive jewelry that he had purchased. As you dive into the case, you find that it is more complicated and interesting than you thought. Will you be able to solve the case?

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

Re:Cheatbusters

[Post New]by nomatt on May 30, 12 12:35 AM
With out a doubt the worse game BF have offered for a long time. I lasted 5 minutes. At first it took three attempts to run it. The graphics are so dated and poor as is the game play and music. In fact the whole thing is like some kind of retro joke. Binned right off.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 30, 12 12:36 AM

There's no technical problem thread yet but my problem is that 8 minutes into the demo the game self imploded - quit - caput - and closed itself with the windows dump message.

I had just completed the first H0 scene, got the key to the door, opened the door and then caput.

Edited on 05/30/2012 at 12:42:48 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 30, 12 12:37 AM
All I can say is:

Yet another game from gfi, who I dislike almost as much as HdO.

Although in the past I was always able to get a decent-sized picture when I manually reset the resolution, this game is just a small box, no matter what resolution I use. Mind you, I have 8 different settings, and might have missed one or two - getting bored on the way after having to reset the resolution, going into the game, waiting for eons to get past all those titles so I can get out again, and try another resolution.

And then I noticed right there on the main menu that the cursor (you can only use the custom cursor) drags really heavily. That, plus not getting a full picture, plus looking at the screenshots was enough to make me delete the game again and just move on. (Tomorrow is CE day... yayyyy).

Have a great day, everyone.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 30, 12 12:40 AM
Sorry, I played for 15 minutes and that was terrible. I feel like a child playing this game.

No buy for me.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 30, 12 12:51 AM
I like the straight HOGs, but in this game the list of the objects are drawn, I mean "sketched" without color, and I can't see the difference between "prints" (finger prints), and the real position and look of the objects. Very annoying. Pity.

Valdy, yay twice, I played the beta and got hooked...

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on May 30, 12 12:58 AM
The game played OK, and in full screen. The first scene was so dark I could hardly see anything. When I finally found a light bulb, I wanted a lamp to put it in. Thereafter, it seemed to be merely a series of hidden object scenes, a format I grew weary of a long time ago. Sorry, no buy. Oh, there is one small difference, for better or worse: the objects you need to find are little sketches, rather than words or pictures. And the list doesn't show up until you click on the magnifying glass on the right.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on May 30, 12 2:09 AM
nomatt wrote:With out a doubt the worse game BF have offered for a long time. I lasted 5 minutes. At first it took three attempts to run it. The graphics are so dated and poor as is the game play and music. In fact the whole thing is like some kind of retro joke. Binned right off.

I beg to differ. Have you demo'd today's soft release "Whispers"? Now that is bad LOL.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on May 30, 12 2:14 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:I like the straight HOGs, but in this game the list of the objects are drawn, I mean "sketched" without color, and I can't see the difference between "prints" (finger prints), and the real position and look of the objects. Very annoying. Pity.

Valdy, yay twice, I played the beta and got hooked...

If you hover your cursor over the pictured objects, you will get a written description.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 30, 12 3:38 AM
I saw that Sheerija, but still I feel "nervous" (not really lol)...

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on May 30, 12 5:28 AM
a truly bad game managed the firsr yard scene before total boredom overtook me

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on May 30, 12 6:24 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:I saw that Sheerija, but still I feel "nervous" (not really lol)...

No need, really. The pictures are only to tell you what to look for, not what they look like. It's easy, I promise. Ignore the pictures and just find the objects by word.

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on May 30, 12 6:36 AM
This is game is too easy but there are a few "hard" spots. For example some of the placing of items have to be just so.

The words when you curse over the objects help except the ones on the far right side. I had to guess at some, like butterfly net. Couldn't see the whole word and at first thought it was butter-lol Maybe it's my resolution setting. Anyone else with this problem? Then there is that strange word for broom (besom?).

Puzzles are ridiculously easy. No challenge whatsoever.

What is the purpose of the pictures that you take? Where do they go? To picture heaven? There is no journal to keep them in.

Well as they say "tomorrow is another day".

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on May 30, 12 6:44 AM
JulieJay wrote:
nomatt wrote:With out a doubt the worse game BF have offered for a long time. I lasted 5 minutes. At first it took three attempts to run it. The graphics are so dated and poor as is the game play and music. In fact the whole thing is like some kind of retro joke. Binned right off.

I beg to differ. Have you demo'd today's soft release "Whispers"? Now that is bad LOL.

Whispers is so bad BF haven't even put up a forum for it. They know it won't sell. I bought it.

Hmmm, desperate times call for desperate measures.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on May 30, 12 6:47 AM
KBEAR2045 wrote:This is game is too easy but there are a few "hard" spots. For example some of the placing of items have to be just so.

The words when you curse over the objects help except the ones on the far right side. I had to guess at some, like butterfly net. Couldn't see the whole word and at first thought it was butter-lol Maybe it's my resolution setting. Anyone else with this problem? Then there is that strange word for broom (besom?).

Puzzles are ridiculously easy. No challenge whatsoever.

What is the purpose of the pictures that you take? Where do they go? To picture heaven? There is no journal to keep them in.

Well as they say "tomorrow is another day".

Yes, also thought it was butter. Besom is a Scottish word for broom. I don't know if it originates from the Scots or not. It's rather old fashioned and not used anymore.

Edited on 05/30/2012 at 6:48:07 AM PST

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on May 30, 12 6:59 AM
Sheerija wrote:
JulieJay wrote:

Whispers is so bad BF haven't even put up a forum for it. They know it won't sell. I bought it.

The forum is there, but I had to go through the "all games forums"
to reach it.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on May 30, 12 7:23 AM
joyce2121 wrote:
Sheerija wrote:
JulieJay wrote:

The forum is there, but I had to go through the "all games forums"
to reach it.

Thank you.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on May 30, 12 10:58 AM
Sheerija wrote:Whispers is so bad BF haven't even put up a forum for it. They know it won't sell. I bought it.

Ha ha ha. I like it. Your comment I mean, not the game.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 5, 12 5:16 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am just swimming by to ask that we try to keep this thread based on the game Cheatbusters only just to keep thing tidy!

If you would like to comment on another game, please do some in the Forum dedicated to that game. This will help us to collect feedback much more easily

As we always appreciate the feedback you Fishies give us, I have linked to the comments thread for Whispers below:

COMMENTS

Swim strong!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 06/05/2012 at 5:16:49 AM PST

[Post New]by sonjandon on Jun 10, 12 7:33 PM
I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!!! tHIS JUST DOES NOT WORK. HAV E TRIED IT FIVE TIMES NOW...AM SO FRUSTRATED, I PLAY THESE GAMES TO RELAX..LOL

Go to: