bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Cheatbusters

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 30, 12 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Cheatbusters? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other Fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Cheatbusters page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of Fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Cheatbusters

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 30, 12 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on May 30, 12 1:34 AM
This is not a bad game, but it could use some additions. First, the full screen does not work.

Next, there is only one option to play so there are sparkles even if you do not want them.

I saw that some are having issues playing the game which I did not have, however, the game does have some lag. The lag does take away from play.

There are positives in my opinion: I like the HO scenes using drawings and that you interact with each scene.

There is a map which tells you were to go and you can use to jump to the locations.

True, there are no voice overs, but that is not a real issue since I rarely listen to them.

Not sure of length and the story does seem to be building.

If the game has good length (meaning at least 3 hrs of play) I will give this game a 4 out 5.
For now I rate this game 3 out of 5

tootsie94
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by tootsie94 on May 30, 12 4:15 AM
i am a big fan of hidden object but i wanted to try this game. it has different kind of hidden things but is quite refreshing and not morbid as most of the games are lately..i don't know how long the game is yet but i will but it if it has a decent length.this is fun and enjoyabe

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on May 30, 12 5:06 AM
Game does not go into full screen even with manually changing the screen resolution so that is a negative for me.
I was only able to play the first scene due to technical issues but I really liked that it was different from all the dark games we get and I liked the sketched object list. Most of the items were larger enough to find.

skamosha
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by skamosha on May 30, 12 9:27 AM

Edited on 05/30/2012 at 1:05:33 PM PST

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on May 30, 12 11:39 AM
Did not quite like this game. Seemed random and slow. And the music was awful.
The graphics are just average but the hint system works ok. I won't be buying it. It's far too uninteresting. MHO.

Weather here sucks......tornados and hail and wind.

gem in OKC

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on May 30, 12 3:07 PM
Yesterday I hated the game everybody loved. Today I loved the game everybody hated. No accounting for that. Just plain odd.

Finally managed to finish it. Had a really bad time at one point - thought it was a glitch - but with the help of a very smart fishie called Bodie, it all worked out in the end.

I really enjoyed it. It was different. Nice graphics. Easy HOS. Very good story. Technically perfect. Bit of a new twist to the HOS. Cool ending.

All in all, pretty neat. I would certainly want to play another like this. Good job to the devs.

Edited on 05/30/2012 at 3:09:10 PM PST

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on May 30, 12 9:08 PM
I usually can make it through the one hour demo version of a HOG, even when half-way through I know I won't be buying it. I lasted only 11 minutes with this snoozefest.
Maybe fishies who are just jumping into the HOG pond would enjoy this but to me it seemed very dated in graphics, gameplay and storyline.
And please don't get me started on the tech-no music; it really dated this game. But then, since the graphics were about 5 years behind what I'm used to from BFG, maybe it fit right in.

Nortank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by Nortank on May 31, 12 5:17 AM
Full version gave me about half an hour more gameplay before the game was over. Disappointing.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on May 31, 12 6:48 AM
I dont quite get this game. There is NO HOG list. You click on a button to hide/unhide the scene and then click al over the place to get your "hidden" "hidden" objects/ The list I was presented with was ALWAYS the same! I really dont get it. But lucky the cute mini-games saved it, and the puzzles are indeed fun and one of a kind. Refreshing from other HOG's mini-games.

Its not bad as a HOG and there is a map to jump. The hide/unhide is not really helpful as it just kept reporting "All items are found". The hint does tell u which are still pending active areas, but again, u need to read carefully to know what is lacking.

I found myself going back and forth getting "All Items are found" message with the hide/unhide button, and yet I apparently need to find something long to fish for a key, So when I went back to the locker room, I used the hint button and finally realised that there was a not so clear sparkling area to search or active inventory area (action area)! Whilst while I was going back and forth the hide/unhide button did not show any active search/action area (only hint will do so).

When I was actually inside the locker room, the sparkles either don't work or its following the path of "Windows joke" path, ie, You have to exit, then come back again. It ONLY worked when I went out of the locker room, then went back in, and click Hint button, When I was inside the locker room, it indicated one of the lockers which was locked whereby I need the key, OF course the key has to be fished out with a long pole, which is inside an active area in the Locker Room!!!!

C what I meant??? A bit confusing, but overall nice game! Hope there's a walkthrough as the "refresh" of scenes seem to be buggy, There is no annoying conversation but not much text or narrative to tell me what the heck I was looking for. Since there is no search list, I ALWAYS ended up clicking on hide/unhide button, then click all over the place to search WITHOUT knowing what were the items I was expected to find?

3/5 stars==> Ok to buy (esp when BFG has 50% discount like last memorial day sales)

smiliedaze
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by smiliedaze on May 31, 12 2:06 PM
Is anyone else going to comment on how terrible the English and grammar are in this game. it was downright distracting and hard to figure out what they wanted you to do. The story line is all over the place and I couldn't even get through the demo without glitches. I really enjoy HOGs and this one had potential to be something a little different. What a sad disappointment for a game that had so much potential.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 2, 12 9:54 AM
so can anyone tell us?, the game lenght is only 1 1/2 hr.?..........doug & lisa

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jun 3, 12 7:08 AM
Bought it, finished it?
Basically it was too short and I was out of coupons...not good.

Otherwise, the game is a fine enough one for a rainy Sunday. IT has a decent blend of hidden object and interactive play.
I frankly like the way the hidden objects or listed..as in real basic drawings..so you go through the ..hmmm, what IS that and then go find it. The names sometimes don't translate well.
The story is a yawner..I really didn't care about the characters one bit and they all looked quilty. Ah well. I don't play these for the story line...good thing.
I thought the graphics were sound, small but clear enough.
In general, it certainly isn't a winner of a game, but nor is it a loser. IT needs some lengthing out and more depth.
kris

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Jun 13, 12 8:43 PM
I have only one word for this game - yucchh! The graphics are horrible, and as soon as I got to the first "hidden object" part, or whatever you want to call it, (which was exactly 4 minutes into the game), and saw 1st grade drawings as to what I had to find, I knew this was NOT THE GAME FOR ME!! So maybe giving the game four minutes into game play was unfair, but I really don't see myself trying this game again. Ofcourse, everyone has to make up their own mind. Try it and see what you think!

feenix

cjpandie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by cjpandie on Sep 23, 12 6:32 PM
This game was made to be too particular where you tried to use objects. I tried to give the sausage to the dog so many times until a sparkle showed up just to the right of the dog and I placed it there and it accepted it. That happened too many times along in the game. Think the game was a cute idea but needed some bugs removed.

Go to: