brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

Comments for Cheatbusters

[Post New]by brookings on May 30, 12 12:39 AM
I started this thread for comments. What do you think about this game?

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

Re:Comments for Cheatbusters

[Post New]by Sheerija on May 30, 12 2:06 AM
This is a nice easy relaxing game that I took to instantly. Good graphics and technically well done. A novel depiction of hidden objects that I really like, with written descriptions as well. There is one HOS in every scene and they are crisp and clear. I found them enjoyable and I cannot ever remember saying that before. It's a detective story so you are on someone's trail. It has a jump map. Each location is interactive and has puzzles. The hint button is fast and helpful, though sometimes it does point you at something you have not found the solution for yet. But then you know, if there is nothing else to do there, to go to another location.

After yesterday's yawn (which I cannot bring myself to go back to until I have to) this game is most welcome to join my PH.

gjnashif
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by gjnashif on May 30, 12 5:31 AM
This is listed as an exclusive Big Fish release, however this game was out earlier this year on two other game sites, I am not sure why they list this as an exclusive offering, when it is not....

Is there new content or something different that makes this game exclusive to bfg, I know that the reviews are mostly negative, and one game site completely dropped the game after several weeks... due to the very mature subject matter.

Actually Cheatbusters if you google it, is an actual detective ageny based in Sydney Australia..... that solves cases involving infidelity, (am I allowed to say that word on this site,) we will soon see if I get axed by moderator, or if it comes out in stars, in any case, the subject matter of this game is apparently too adult for a game site....

[Post New]by heatherington on May 30, 12 5:40 AM
This is a no buy for me. If you want me to find something then either give me a list or actual pictures. To have to find something from a lousy sketch is too much. And they are going to limit my hints, and use that really annoying twirling cursor when i have to click on EVERYTHING because I have no idea WHAT that thing is suppose to be!

NO, no, a thousand times no.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on May 30, 12 6:20 AM
heatherington wrote:This is a no buy for me. If you want me to find something then either give me a list or actual pictures. To have to find something from a lousy sketch is too much. And they are going to limit my hints, and use that really annoying twirling cursor when i have to click on EVERYTHING because I have no idea WHAT that thing is suppose to be!

NO, no, a thousand times no.

Hints are not limited. If you put your cursor on the sketch it will tell you what it is. The sketches only tell you what to find,not what they look like.

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on May 30, 12 6:36 AM
Couldn't get behind this one. It's not a horrible game, it just didn't strike my fancy.

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on May 30, 12 8:30 AM
I played this game on a different site a long time ago and didn't like it then and still don't like it now. It is a very boring, old hat game and a definite NO BUY for me. It is not EXCLUSIVE to BFG either and I was very disappointed today.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 30, 12 12:00 PM
I found the cursor to be on the sluggish side when I was trying to click on the objects but when the programmers wanted to use it to chastise me it flew across the screen with the greatest of ease and performed a perfect loop de loop just like one of those flying circus stunt s of yesteryear .

This form of 'punishment' tops the list of things that I do not like to find in a game and consequently I didn't even play a quarter of the demo before I stopped and deleted.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on May 30, 12 12:09 PM
Only lasted a few minutes myself

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on May 30, 12 9:14 PM
I lasted all of 11 minutes with the demo myself; to think I could have been working on a solution to world peace and had a V8. What a snoozefest.
I'm not surprised to hear that my fellow fishies have played this game before. Everything about it; the graphics, the playability, even the dialog and the backround music resembled games from 5-6 years ago. Not at all what I've come to expect from BFG.

[Post New]by cruisin_gal on Jun 1, 12 11:57 AM
Since I got stuck on the lawn outside the mansion I don't have much to base my opinion on. Apparently there is supposed to be a broom next to the tree to sweep the leaves but I have no broom. So I am giving up and moving on to another game. Too bad. I enjoyed the little bit I had.

[Post New]by totalduchess on Jun 1, 12 5:50 PM
This game is awful. I am on my third try and once again an item has disappeared from inventory putting a stop to any progress. Dont waste your money credits or anything else on this game. IT is frustrating and a pain to play. I would like to know how to get a refund if at all possible.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jun 2, 12 1:24 AM
I also tried this one from somewhere else, a good while back. It was so unmemorable, I didn't even realize I had demoed it, and then I decided what the heck, and went ahead and bought it. Haven't been able to find a walkthrough, and when you are stuck you are stuck, lol. But since they didn't surpise us with a new hog today, I will try and figure it out. I also bought Deathman, but it has a bug, which they finally acknowledged, and they are working on a fix for it. It isn't up to usual standards, either, but at least it is new.

[Post New]by jaredsma on Jun 2, 12 9:06 AM
I liked the artwork, the music wasn't absolutely horrible, the setup was unique (pardon me, I don't know all the lingo), even down to the colour of the pair of sneakers to move around. I was considering it for my 'future purchase wish list', then got stuck with not knowing, even with hints and trying stuff, how to get the darn fish out of the fishbowl! Now I just don't know. Maybe it was because I only got two hours of sleep last night...?

[Post New]by bedmond7 on Jun 9, 12 8:18 AM
I liked the demo, so I purchased the game. Now, I am stuck. Every site on the map says there is nothing left to do. There are no new sites.....only the house, the golf course and the yacht club. How do I progress?

[Post New]by tiftod on Jun 25, 12 8:35 PM
I too am stuck but in the bank/cafe scenes. I have a scuba set and a light bulb, neither of which will help me in those areas. I am assuming there is an issue with the game as I see the places I am to go but don't have the proper objects to move further.

[Post New]by butterfly42 on Jul 2, 12 9:36 AM
I did like this game but have been stuck for some time and cannot seem to find the answer here, I even posted once for help but got no answer, so here we are with another wasted game I'll probably never finish.

[Post New]by vnshirley on Aug 2, 12 8:50 PM
For those having a few problem....don't forget you must click the white orb at the bottom right when you enter each scene. This will start your hidden object scene.

[Post New]by vnshirley on Aug 2, 12 8:52 PM
cruisin_gal wrote:Since I got stuck on the lawn outside the mansion I don't have much to base my opinion on. Apparently there is supposed to be a broom next to the tree to sweep the leaves but I have no broom. So I am giving up and moving on to another game. Too bad. I enjoyed the little bit I had.

You have to start the hidden object scene to get the broom. Click your white orb at the bottom left and it will activate it. You have to do this in each scene.

[Post New]by Jansim62 on Aug 6, 12 10:10 AM
cruisin_gal wrote:Since I got stuck on the lawn outside the mansion I don't have much to base my opinion on. Apparently there is supposed to be a broom next to the tree to sweep the leaves but I have no broom. So I am giving up and moving on to another game. Too bad. I enjoyed the little bit I had.

Go to: