Reviews for Whispers

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Whispers

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 30, 12 12:39 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Whispers? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other Fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Whispers page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of Fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Whispers

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 30, 12 12:40 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on May 30, 12 7:46 AM
This game is very unique because it is without a doubt the absolute worst game ever created, or to be created. It will never be knocked out of that position, it's got it for life. It's so bland it make the word bland sound lavish. I have never been so bored playing any game, as I was playing this. If it was 20 years ago and we did not have the technology of today, it might be considered good.

I have not one good thing to say about it.

Ugly, ugly, ugly.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on May 30, 12 8:36 AM
Soooo - at the risk of no one ever taking any of my reviews seriously again...

I"m going to say - give the demo a chance on this one - then make up your own mind

Honestly - I downloaded it because the reviews were so horrid - it was like a train wreck I couldn't resist looking at!

Got into the game and wondered "Where's the promised carnage??? The unrecognizeable objects? The unintelligible grammar?"

Is it the best game ever? Nope. BUT - the grammar is a little quirky (I've seen far worse grammar in other games) - but in the H0 scenes I played (several!) I didn't run into any misspellings or "off named" items. I 100% trust those that have cited examples of this - but I can verify it isn't tons of items in tons of scenes...hope that makes sense

The graphics aren't ERS or anything, but have a soft quality that fits the dreamlike theme. Again - maybe I lucked out - but I had no trouble finding objects in H0 scenes.

The story seems pretty interesting as these stories go - there IS a lot of reading!! Game plays fine for me & is widescreen right off the bat with no adjusting. Doesn't have a typical tutorial - but there's enough instruction you can figure out the particulars of how this game works.

Upshot - will I DIE if I don't have this game? Nope - but I enjoyed the demo despite my "hope" for something truly awful!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 30, 12 3:11 PM
It certainly isn't the worst game I have ever played, but the story is interesting, and I bought it. Some of the objects are very small, but again, not as bad as the HdO games, lol. Voice overs would have been better, and the graphics are a bit soft, but I am a hog addict, so it will do for now. The music is varied at least, and by the time I nearly finished the demo, I had gotten used to the game play. Will see how it goes.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on May 30, 12 5:19 PM
Sheerija wrote:This game is very unique because it is without a doubt the absolute worst game ever created, or to be created. It will never be knocked out of that position, it's got it for life. It's so bland it make the word bland sound lavish. I have never been so bored playing any game, as I was playing this. If it was 20 years ago and we did not have the technology of today, it might be considered good.

I have not one good thing to say about it.

Ugly, ugly, ugly.

With all due respect, when I see comments like this, all I can think is "you've never played L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, have you?" Give that one a try, because that is my gold standard for "worst game ever." And, as WolfenRaindancer said, all HdO games are close seconds.

As HOGs go, the graphics on Whispers could have been a bit sharper, and the items a bit larger, but I also got used to the gameplay as I played the demo and bought it with a punch card credit. Try the whole demo if you've already downloaded it, and you might find it's not as horrid as you have heard. You might even like it.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 30, 12 7:43 PM

Based on the comments/reviews from its' earlier Mac-only release I couldn't help but feel that the devs would have made a major effort to respond to those complaints before BFG released for PCs and I believe it has been improved.

I actually enjoyed the demo and so, this game is on my "future buy" list.

Edited on 05/30/2012 at 7:44:07 PM PST

[Post New]by peatpee on May 31, 12 1:10 AM
I don't usually bother with reviews, but this one takes the biscuit as the worst game ever and the biggest waste of money should you need to buy it. I say that because i easily finished the game in 56 mins. with no trouble except the occasional refusal of the game to update it's status requiring a restart. Boring doesn't even cover it. after clicking through endless cut scemes all you get is repetitive and not very challenging HOGs. I know that's what its supposed to be but come on, some adventure challenge please!!

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on May 31, 12 3:22 AM
I have like to give this game a 3 stars, unfortunately

1) At least THREE HOGs scene asked you to find twenty or so playing cards. What for???? Any use of these cards? No mini-games, except some scenes require you to obtain inventory items from HOGs scene and used these items. NOT many are even like that
2) SLOW moving dialogue, and no option to skip except to click the forward key
3) SMALL DARK hard to recognise objects
4) REPEATED scenes for HOGs, eg, at least during the 1 hr trial I had to search the Church 3x!!!!
5) AFTER 1 hr still NO MINI-GAMES AT ALL!!!

On the other hand, I guess its ok if u get this as a free game and play to occupy yourself on a lazy afternoon. Hint is quite ok, but I was playing the regular mode

2/5 stars

crlmtly
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by crlmtly on May 31, 12 5:03 PM
BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on May 31, 12 5:33 PM
lym_1609 wrote:I have like to give this game a 3 stars, unfortunately

1) At least THREE HOGs scene asked you to find twenty or so playing cards. What for???? Any use of these cards? No mini-games, except some scenes require you to obtain inventory items from HOGs scene and used these items. NOT many are even like that
2) SLOW moving dialogue, and no option to skip except to click the forward key
3) SMALL DARK hard to recognise objects
4) REPEATED scenes for HOGs, eg, at least during the 1 hr trial I had to search the Church 3x!!!!
5) AFTER 1 hr still NO MINI-GAMES AT ALL!!!

On the other hand, I guess its ok if u get this as a free game and play to occupy yourself on a lazy afternoon. Hint is quite ok, but I was playing the regular mode

2/5 stars

I do agree with most of the above, except I wouldn't even recommend it as a "free" game, since as we all know, there's no such thing.

The only positive, I guess, is the unique way of hiding some of the hidden objects with odd perspectives. I guess I appreciate the creativity and artfulness of that as opposed to the total junkpile approach. I didn't have much trouble finding the objects once I got used to how to look.

C-

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on Jun 1, 12 6:40 AM
Worst game ever....? I'm thinking that the National Geographic game about Herod is higher on the list (right up there with Wizard of Oz). Those were real stinkers... This one is maybe in the top 10 but, seriously, the last Ravencrest game gets my vote as the VERY WORST game ever (yuicky and disgusting)!

Aveda5
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Aveda5 on Jun 1, 12 7:58 AM
Eww.....................!!

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jun 1, 12 2:12 PM
Sorry to say I bought the game and it is not what I expected, I wasted my money sorry DEV's better luck next time..I do have a lot of lag in the game, Just this game only..

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Jun 1, 12 3:23 PM
Well, I ignored the bad reviews and went ahead and downloaded. Not pretty. Not fun. Not anything good I can say about it. The game is different, and may get better the farther in you go, but I only got about 20 minutes into it. Uninstal.

This was too slow, too many pauses, too many places that were dark. Quite simply among the worst I've ever played. (I refuse to give any signle game thatmuch status as to being THE worst.)

Sorry, fishies, make up your won mind, but as for me, no thank you.

CelticCoco

suzy230
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by suzy230 on Jun 1, 12 6:45 PM
UGHH...I'm disappointed...too much dialogue, WHY...DID I WASTE MY MONEY?!?!!

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jun 2, 12 3:31 PM
Very Very strange game..or happening as it were......
Someone from Eastern Europe has an image of deep southern louisiana thats pretty dang creepy.
But as far as the game itself...I don't know, maybe its the horrific weather that is actually happening outside my window, maybe it's dripping that I hear in my house.BUT, I think it's the game...let me see...list to the left of the screen..ok, I'm looking, oh there it is, but the words are half cut off! okok, I can do this, a offin...coffin? ope...rope? yeah, I can pull this off, but do I want to?
Everything is so tiny, it's gameplay ..well isn't.
The graphics are familiar to those of us oldies who thought the 2 dimensional drawing s were pretty cool, ..that was about.10 years ago?
So, I think this will stop at the demo. This developer needs to back up from from his screen to see how small things really are for older eyes, and drawing skills are helpful.
Good try first time around ( hope its the first time around) but it really is too painful a game to play to buy..
kris
Edit:now that the sun is out..the game is''t THAT bad...I think it has some nice monent to it..it'll go on the "sales" list to buy

Edited on 06/11/2012 at 12:30:35 PM PST

hannah233
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by hannah233 on Jun 22, 12 8:42 AM
Waaaaaaaaaay bad!!! what a waste of their money putting this out!!

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Oct 4, 12 12:09 AM
Based on hour-long demo: Very dark, ultra-dismal, written by ninth-graders from some faraway place. Some of the fantastic clunkers (wrong word, wrong spelling, wrong everything) became oddly familiar after a while . . . too bad the devs had no access to a dictionary or spell-check. Too bad they know next-to-nothing about New Orleans. Well, when you care enough to see one of the worst, try this one.

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Feb 23, 13 6:42 PM
After going through a disastrous experience with "Whispers: Revelation," a game that was all-too-obviously released WAY too early and that gets my award as buggiest and most defective game BigFish has ever had the poor judgment to distribute, imagine my surprise to learn that the game was a sequel. And I make it a policy always to purchase all the games that are part of a series.

The reviews were not that good, but I usually make up my own mind about these things, and it looked like the first game had been around long enough that if there were any bugs they must have been taken care of by now. So, as there was a sale on, I bought the first "Whispers" and I was pleasantly surprised.

As Hidden Object Games go, nothing terribly special, but it is unique, I think, in that you have to mouse around and look for areas of your screen to light up to find the Hidden Object scenes as opposed to the customary sparkles or other indicators these games use. Also no mini games or puzzles, which is both a disappointment because they give the games variety and a relief because I am TERRIBLE at most of them LOL.

Another unique feature is that once you've finished you can go back and click "Play" and it offers you a second option called "Find Them All" which as yet I have only started but I gather it is all the Hidden Object Scenes and the challenge, if there is one, is to find everything.

Also a little too much chit-chat, but you can click through it fairly quickly. Overall a dandy little game if you want something to relax and noodle around with and not have to strain your brain too much. Sometimes I play just to relax and this game is ideal for that.

Edited on 02/23/2013 at 6:43:46 PM PST

Go to: