Schmootoo
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

3-8 and 4-5 max smiles

[Post New]by Schmootoo on May 30, 12 3:19 AM
Having trouble finishing lvls 3-8 and 4-5 with the maximum number of smiles (can only manage 15/20 and 16/20 so far respectively, I have gold on both). Any ideas?

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:3-8 and 4-5 max smiles

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 31, 12 12:18 AM
Without having a direct walkthrough to collect that number of smiles, I do want to note that it might help to prolong finishing the game, because most smiles come from customers. Is it possible to serve around 5 more customers and then finish on time? Don't forget, donating food gives you +1 smile too.

bfgRhone

Schmootoo
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Schmootoo on May 31, 12 2:32 AM
Prolonging the level doesn't work too well (unless I haven't got the timing right yet) because the gold time expires and the game doesn't record the 'smiles' result. The trick will probably be to get a full restaurant with all seats occupied just before completing the objective and hoping for at least 19 smiles and making it up to 20 with the donation smile.

Was curious as to whether anyone had actually achieved max smiles on these two levels because I'm nowhere close and wondering if it's actually possible

sipason
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by sipason on May 31, 12 5:02 AM
It's possible. Retry those levels with super-article.

Using super-article changes the order, so you can change the order for the exact same order as the last goal to a simple burger.
Achieve 2 goals and don't achieve the other goal until you can earn 19 smiles after finishing the level. (For example, if you have 12 smile and 7 customers are waiting/dining, achieve the last goal and finish the level)
Donate all leftovers and it's done. (It adds the last smile)

Edited on 05/31/2012 at 5:04:17 AM PST

Schmootoo
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Schmootoo on May 31, 12 9:18 AM
Cheers - that's the exact strategy I've been trying. Now I know that it *is* possible I just need to get the timing right and not panic mid level ;P

Thanks for confirming that this isn't a mission impossible!

sore_paw
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by sore_paw on Jun 2, 12 10:11 AM
This is totally bogus!!!! I just managed to get gold and 20 smiles on level 3-8 and when I went back to the map it hadn't registered! I used super article to change orders to plain burgers and had the last big burger on the display plate ready. then I put it on the serving area 4 seconds before the gold deadline which just worked out. I definately had 20 smiles at the end!!! I know everyone says things are a glitch but could it actually be?? So frustrating grrrr!!!

Go to: